Stevesc's 52 for 2017 - week 32, 33 & 34 added

I like the Broken close-up.

and was liking the wheel although the dof is very shallow, but now I see the second (Bike 1) I think it's wonderful and original, the shallow dof works a treat in that photo.

Clever take on broken. I'm not a fan of the uber shallow DoF, but I like the symmetry of your second transport shot.

Transport, uber shallow DOF and interesting take on the theme.

Cheers.
Thanks (y)

I like the Broken close-up.

and was liking the wheel although the dof is very shallow, but now I see the second (Bike 1) I think it's wonderful and original, the shallow dof works a treat in that photo.
Cheers, the second shot was a bit of an after thought but was pleased how it came out.

Really like your take on Broken....
Thanks Mark.

Clever take on broken. I'm not a fan of the uber shallow DoF, but I like the symmetry of your second transport shot.
Thanks, maybe I overdo the shallow DOF but it's something that I generally like.

Hi Steve good to see you keeping up, not always easy is it, life crowds in sometimes. Love the pencils shot, excellent idea to keep it really close up and to the point :rolleyes: :)
Handlebars for Transport for me, love the angle ... it works really well.

Thanks Susie, just about keeping up but it's been a struggle the last few weeks but pleased to be hanging on in! Thanks for your encouragement :)

can't resist a bowl of cherries .... I'm no expert on this minimalism lark but for some reason I'd have placed just one cherry near a corner (bottom left?) ... same BG. o_O

Like the shot Steve plus it looks better on flickr, the white bowl goes well with the bg being white too. The cherries look nice and clear too and like the shadow (y)
Thanks Dave, it does look better on flickr for some reason. My initial thought had been to try and get the shot without a shadow but I was struggling and in the end I thought the shadow added something to the shot.

can't resist a bowl of cherries .... I'm no expert on this minimalism lark but for some reason I'd have placed just one cherry near a corner (bottom left?) ... same BG. o_O
I'm not sure that this is a minimalistic shot but it was the best my brain could come up with along with the props that I could easily get. Best thing about it is I now have a bowl of cherries to myself as no one else in the family really eats them :D

The word LIFE springs to mind :)

I think the colours look a little more vibrant on the Flickr version.

Nice simple shot that I'm sure wasn't simple to light. I think the shadow really adds to it, gives it depth.

Hi Steve, I'm not keeping up very well with the commenting either but I am trying :) The peacock feathers are lovely and vivid. I like the unusual angle too. Beautiful large building and that golden light shows it off perfectly. I prefer the 2nd shot of the bike, another unusual angle. I like the red cherries on the white bg, not sure if I might have put them a little closer to the bottom corner but thats probably just me:D

Cherries work, but as Dood said, a pair in a lonely corner would have added emphasis to the theme.
Also, I think I might pulled the highlights back a tad as the cherries look a touch blown.....

Been a bit slow on the replies lately.

Broken - Great colours and on theme.

Transport - I think I prefer the wheel, a fine shot but maybe a little more dof? I feel like I'm trying to look for something thats not there.

Minimalist - That works well lit and the bright colour of the cherries contrasts well with the white.

Great shot, brilliant colours! As other have mentioned, I think it would look more minimalist if the bowl of cherries was placed closer to the corner of the frame. But what do I know...

#Iamstillhere :)

Nice muted reds and well composed.

Cheers.
Cheers :)

The word LIFE springs to mind :)

I think the colours look a little more vibrant on the Flickr version.

Nice simple shot that I'm sure wasn't simple to light. I think the shadow really adds to it, gives it depth.
Thank you

Hi Steve, I'm not keeping up very well with the commenting either but I am trying :) The peacock feathers are lovely and vivid. I like the unusual angle too. Beautiful large building and that golden light shows it off perfectly. I prefer the 2nd shot of the bike, another unusual angle. I like the red cherries on the white bg, not sure if I might have put them a little closer to the bottom corner but thats probably just me:D
Thanks for the comments, I appreciate how hard it is finding time to comment. I keep thinking I'll edit the cherries and move them up a bit but maybe towards the bottom would be better.

Hi Steve ...cherries work really well don't they, they always look so appetising, I was wondering about maybe just a couple of cherries on the stalks for the theme...but you've eaten them now :) hope they were delicious.
Cherries were lovely! I'm not sure it is strictly minimal but it will do for me this time.

Cherries work, but as Dood said, a pair in a lonely corner would have added emphasis to the theme.
Also, I think I might pulled the highlights back a tad as the cherries look a touch blown.....
Thanks, you might be right about the highlights, will hopefully have time to revisit it.

Been a bit slow on the replies lately.

Broken - Great colours and on theme.

Transport - I think I prefer the wheel, a fine shot but maybe a little more dof? I feel like I'm trying to look for something thats not there.

Minimalist - That works well lit and the bright colour of the cherries contrasts well with the white.
Thanks

Great shot, brilliant colours! As other have mentioned, I think it would look more minimalist if the bowl of cherries was placed closer to the corner of the frame. But what do I know...
Yeah, I agree...think I would move them up a bit if I have time to edit it.

Interesting idea and you kept the highlights in the metal under control!

s-steve.....if you stare at the centre of the bundle of hair... the blue eyes, they serious scare me :runaway:... sort of a peripheral vision aspect. great capture (y)

A great shot and I really like the processing nothing else to add

Progress - now that is cool Steve, reminds me of my children's cutler, my OCD would prefer the handles dead level at the bottom but hey, that's just crazy talk as I really like this one :D

Pleasurable a real nice family image, all nice and cheerful and summery image and likable PP (y)

Lovely family photo, I like the muted colours and the processing!

Hi Steve,

Progress - took me a moment or two, but very good. Bang on theme and good job controlling the highlights.
I think we've got (or had) those middle two.

Pleasure - I don't think it's a shoehorn, I got your meaning immediately without reading the commentary.
I like the high key ish processing :)

Pleasure - fine photo for the theme, love the composition and processing.

s-steve.....if you stare at the centre of the bundle of hair... the blue eyes, they serious scare me :runaway:... sort of a peripheral vision aspect. great capture (y)
haha...the original shot was so over exposed that it was mainly only there eyes you could see which was even more freeky! :D

Not a chance in hell of this being a shoehorn, a great shot of your children and like the frame too. For me it`s on theme as all our children bring us pleasure (y)
Cheers Dave, bit of a shoehorn as this wasn't taken specifically for the 52 but one of a set of family shots I did on Saturday.

A great shot and I really like the processing nothing else to add
Thanks Allan, I thought the processing might be a bit too much but it seems to have gone down well (y)

Progress - now that is cool Steve, reminds me of my children's cutler, my OCD would prefer the handles dead level at the bottom but hey, that's just crazy talk as I really like this one :D

Pleasurable a real nice family image, all nice and cheerful and summery image and likable PP (y)
Your right about leveling the handles, I was originally going to take the shots from a lower view point which wouldn't have showed the slight differences as much.

Lovely family photo, I like the muted colours and the processing!
Cheers, I would have liked my son in a slightly less bright top but he wasn't really in the mood for photos and really didn't want to change out if his kit from his football tournament earlier in the day. :rolleyes:

Hi Steve,

Progress - took me a moment or two, but very good. Bang on theme and good job controlling the highlights.
I think we've got (or had) those middle two.

Pleasure - I don't think it's a shoehorn, I got your meaning immediately without reading the commentary.
I like the high key ish processing :)
Thanks Tim, we've had good use out of the smaller cutlery, our youngest isn't quite onto the middle set yet but won't be long.

Pleasure - fine photo for the theme, love the composition and processing.
Cheers Chris, we have taken one of these composed photos with the three of them since our youngest was born. This one was processed much heavier though as it had been overexposed SOOC.

Progress ... nice idea and I love the BG.

Pleasure ... everyone's using the shoehorn this week! Great family portrait, excellent processing.

Back