weekly Superpippo's 52 in 2014 Week 52 - Support added and FINISHED

Hi Alan :wave: Glad to see you back for another year.

Love the simplicity. The colour shot wins it for me, it has greater warmth and I like the tones. The mono version just doesn't do it for me. I love the texture in the paper.
(y)
wayyyhayyy...finally got here Allan....back for another year of torture I see...:D

I'm really liking Line....color version more so , really soft tones , beautiful soft lighting....brilliant start mister :clap:
Thanks Lynne
Really like the texture and simplicity of this image-got to be colour for me too, adds sum nice warmth.
Ta
B+w version for me, it stands out more than the colour.
Thanks . Yes i think that I have come to that conclusion now
Hi Alan,
A simple yet effective take on the theme (y)
I too don't have a preference between the colour and B&W, each have their merits in terms of tones.
Not sure I would have preferred a little more symmetry to the image, by that I mean being able to see both ends of the lines as opposed to one end being off the page IYSWIM?

A good start nonetheless Alan (y)
Thanks Iain. I think that i was going for that free form look :rolleyes:

I like the simple curve, shallow dof and warm colour tones, the texture on the paper makes it work for me!

Thank you Hazel

Prefer the colour version although the B/W also works. (y)
Ta Michael
Hi Alan,

I prefer the colour one, the texture on the paper is lovely - I like this one, it's my kind of shot!
Thanks Sarah.

Lovely take on the theme, nice composition very well presented.

Thanks for looking Mandy

super job - lovely composition, with the central board, with the diagonals and the spare pieces off to one side.

Whose go is it next?? White pigs or black pigs?

Cheers Graham. It is a very lovely little game - any children visiting make a bee line for it.
As to whose go ... mmmm.....:thinking: ( I did take one with a phantom hand putting one in place but Mrs SP thought that it looked ........:confused:)

I like it Alan (y) composition, lighting, what a novel way to play naughts and crosses :)

Hi Alan, good clean image, nice composition and lighting as mentioned above (y)

Good lighting and composition and a great idea. I like it but my grandson will like it more - he just loves pigs!

Hi Alan,

Lines - The colour image has lovely tones, but I prefer the B&W version because of where the point of focus is.
Play - I like the composition, how you've arranged the scene. If I'm being picky it looks a tiny bit flat, could perhaps do with a small contrast boost?

super attention to detail in every area of this Alan,
smiley-score010.gif

Hi Alan, I will echo what Graham said, super attention to detail (n)
The diagonals work well through the scene and good work on the motion blur.

I'm with the rest on this Alan, very good, love the motion blur (y)

Hi Alan, good clean image, nice composition and lighting as mentioned above (y)

Thanks Allan
Well lit and well composed. Nice detail as well.

Is there anything behind how the pigs are placed on the board?

Cheers.

Cheers Andy. Not sure what your question is. If by that you mean did I place them facing different ways for a purpose then the answer is no, other than to get some variation and pick up some detail with natural light. If you mean did I place them as in a game then yes, to pose the question as to whose go next and who wins. But having set them up in diff combinations i came to the conclusion that one person only ever wins if the other makes a mistake. It is a game of endless stalemates.

Hi Alan, loving that game set. Lovely composition and lighting, nice and sharp across all the little piggies too (y)

Thanks Marsha
Hi Alan,

Lines - The colour image has lovely tones, but I prefer the B&W version because of where the point of focus is.
Play - I like the composition, how you've arranged the scene. If I'm being picky it looks a tiny bit flat, could perhaps do with a small contrast boost?

Thanks Nathalie - I will consider the contrast boost.

super attention to detail in every area of this Alan,
smiley-score010.gif

Thanks Graham - it turned out well

Hi Alan, I will echo what Graham said, super attention to detail (n)
The diagonals work well through the scene and good work on the motion blur.

Cheers Iain - I am pleased that the attention to detail is apparent because it took me long while and trial and error to get the effect and light that I wanted. It is naturally lit from above and it was surprising how much difference to the exposure and colour that the weather outside made.

:D

Like it, I just posed in another thread that I'd like to see a bit of motion blur and you've got it here.

On theme, well composed and nice detail. No real crit on this one.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy - I like motion blur and have had shots including it in all my three year Challenges :)

I'm with the rest on this Alan, very good, love the motion blur (y)
Play . excellent image works really well
Close, again another cracker love the motion blur gives the sense of closing :clap:
Hi Alan
Close: Great picture. Nice clean composition....Bright and sharp.....and the interpretation and execution a stroke of genius. Really well done (y)

Thanks everyone - looks like a hit :beer:

Close. I think this fits the theme very well, however for me it's a picture of a dvd player and I can't get too enthusiastic about it.

Hi Alan, god knows how I missed this, so many people at the minute its driving me crazy,
You have the motion blur perfect :clap: how many shots did that take :giggle:

Hey Alan :)

Play - hahaaaa that's excellent, a lovely set that, again well lit and nicely set up (y)

Close - Oooo very nice mate, really like that idea, the movement of the tray looks good, spot on composition and lighting, nothing I don't like about it :clap:

Cheers DK

Hi Alan

Play......hmmm....lighting is superb , just a hint of shadow to give some depth below the board & beautifully sharp....cracking shot (y)

However....Close.....:notworthy::notworthy:....nuff said :clap::clap:

Kind words, ta

Close. I think this fits the theme very well, however for me it's a picture of a dvd player and I can't get too enthusiastic about it.

Thanks Martin . I do think that lots of shots can be construed as 'a picture of a .....' - I just tried to convey the theme in an interesting way whilst trying to get the best technical shot that i could

Hi Alan, god knows how I missed this, so many people at the minute its driving me crazy,
You have the motion blur perfect :clap: how many shots did that take :giggle:

Errr - lost count.

Play – Good clean looking image which has been well lit. The position of the subject is nicely framed within the crop

Close – Another one where the lighting has been handled nicely as has using a diagonal composition. Spot on for sharpness and the blur of the disc tray works really well for the theme.

Its a good image Alan (y) certainly on theme, but I'm a little confused as to what :thinking: ......... the orange ring around it throws me :confused:

Looking down on a glass of something?

Back