weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

Lovely detail Susie (y)

Hi Susie
What a really great shot for Serene. How did you get it so amazingly pin sharp and the colours...................! Wow!
Andrew

That is a beautiful bit of photography Susie. Excellent detail and lovely colours :clap:

:plus1: more wows from me. Loving the way it stands out from the BG. (y)

Wow. That's a beauty Susie. :)

That's a fascinating shot of the caterpillar - what a great idea to get it inside on a plain bg. Your grandson looks a bundle of energy and fun...I'd definitely place money on him getting to those Olympics! Great family memories, too. The butterfly is exactly my sort of shot - great dof and superb colour and details - very beautiful :)

Echo all the comments above, that's a really beautiful. Love the details and colour in the wings

Wow. That's a beauty Susie. :)

That's a great shot of the corpse eater. Nice use of DoF with it nicely in focus. Nice contrast of the red/orange and green too.

That's a fascinating shot of the caterpillar - what a great idea to get it inside on a plain bg. Your grandson looks a bundle of energy and fun...I'd definitely place money on him getting to those Olympics! Great family memories, too. The butterfly is exactly my sort of shot - great dof and superb colour and details - very beautiful :)

Spot on Susie, very nice indeed.

Thank you Steve, Ruth, Tim, Emma, and Chris .....really appreciate you looking in :)

I like that a lot, the way the stem disappears into the background is great and the light on the teasel is spot on for me

Oh I do like that!
Teasels are very photogenic.

Yes teasels are brilliant aren't they! But I also like their usual straw colour ... missing here because it's the B&W theme. Ha!

Good detail. Nice work susie. (y)

You can't fault a good teasel image, and this is a good teasel image Susie.
Nice lighting nice processing too :)

Lighting is beautiful Susie - especially it's graduated fall on the stem. Lovely capture.

Great shot for B&W, great sharpness and good light.

Chris and Allan's comments say it all really :)

Thanks for looking in Tim (y)

Yes teasels are brilliant aren't they! But I also like their usual straw colour ... missing here because it's the B&W theme. Ha!

Good detail. Nice work susie. (y)

There's no pleasing some people :D I like them in colour too d00d...lots of lovely detail in them.

Yep I really like that, perfect light and a super background, I too like the way the stem fades into the background !!! - nice one Susie :clap:

Thank you DK :)

You can't fault a good teasel image, and this is a good teasel image Susie.
Nice lighting nice processing too :)

Thanks Cobra :)

Lighting is beautiful Susie - especially it's graduated fall on the stem. Lovely capture.

Thanks Carl ...I was pleased with the lighting too.

Like that a lot. I'd like a CCW rotation and a slight crop.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy ...just tried that rotation and yes, I agree it's much better....wish I'd spotted that !

I like that a lot also - like how the stem blends into the BG too. Nicely lit - good job all around! :)

Thanks Matt :)

Great shot for B&W, great sharpness and good light.

Thank you Bernd (y)

Agree with the other comments, very nicely lit and shot

Thank you for looking in Steve ....much appreciated.

I do love a teasel and their texture is so great in b&w. It's beautifully lit, but I do agree with Andy about the slight rotation.

Thanks Emma ...just tried the rotation and yes, its much better.

On to ANCIENT ...I took my two grandsons and my two grandaughters to Tehidy Woods last week, its an extensive woodland on top of the north cliffs. We went to the Wild Woodland Summer Ball performed by the Rogue Theatre, they transform the woods for a magical adventure, we all loved it. I thought it would make a slightly different viewpoint of the topic.

Photos were taken on my iphone and the light wasn't great, so I've tweaked the colour for a magical look !

Ancient Woodland ...transformed.

Ancient...woodland transformed TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Ancient ....woodland transformed TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
That's some café in the first ... is she Alice or fairy? The second one looks very Nania-ish. I don't think there's any chance of duplication for this theme - good thinking. :clap:

I was also thinking of ancient woodlands as a possibility but I doubt mine would be anywhere near as interesting as yours, good idea, colourful and intriguing photos

Back