tabitha's 52's 2018

Interesting take, not sure what "your area" is but it's nicely captured and suits the mono conversion.

Interesting take, not sure what "your area" is but it's nicely captured and suits the mono conversion.

Thank you very much for the nice comment. This photo is one of the ferries on Lake Zürich in Switzerland taken today during storm Eleanor (I kept my camera safely inside a plastic bag).

That actually looks a little hairy witht he water movement, dont if it was or not tho ?

need 3 posts before I can share my first photo
Typical :LOL:

Welcome to the 52 Tabitha, I like your first image, I think the B&W suits the scene well and helps the sky which looks like it was a bit challenging, good luck with the rest of your photo52 :)

That actually looks a little hairy witht he water movement, dont if it was or not tho ?

That looks quite scary, the mono processing certainly suits it.
Is it safely moored, or are there just about to be some expensive repairs needed.
Good capture. :)

Don't think I would want to be on that boat, great capture

I wasn't standing right in the water; I was crouching on the shore which is quite sheltered and pebbly, so there was little risk of slipping. The pillars help guide the ferry into its mooring, so it's unlikely to cause damage or hit the shore. The b/w makes the stormy water/weather look more intense than it actually was, but yeah if you're prone to sea sickness, you would not have wanted to be on there today ;)

Typical :LOL:

Welcome to the 52 Tabitha, I like your first image, I think the B&W suits the scene well and helps the sky which looks like it was a bit challenging, good luck with the rest of your photo52 :)

Thanks! The sky wasn't too challenging because it was pretty gray all over.

Looks dramatic Tabitha helped by the B&W and as others have said looks scary too. If Zurich is your local area looking forward to some more great pictures in 2018(y)

That looks a littel scary to me the mono conversion really add to that feeling.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your 52 challange

Hi Tabitha and welcome

camera in a plastic bag ... never thought of that (y)

Liking this ... says action and danger.

Hi Tabitha,

Great action shot, it looks very dramatic. The boat looks like its been swept right into those pillars :D

Yes, very interesting gate. A fire design perhaps?
I think it's the right choice to not go shallow DoF for this, because the background is obscured anyway which then emphasises the shapes in the gate.
Nice one :)

Great find for the subject, makes a strong image with the background detail broken up by the openings in the gate.

Intresting gate nicely compossed leaves you wondering what is beyond the gate.

That's quite unusual, I like it!

that is an unusual gate it originally put me in mind of Zebra stripes a but now I think maybe it is grass. certainly got me thinking, I like that the back ground is in focus too I don't think an Oof background would have worked for this shot.

Back