Takes on Duo - September Challenge

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a monthly challenge and is open to all. I will post a new theme drawn at random from a list of themes (Takes-on 2019 theme suggestions) at the start of each month. The challenge is to take up to 6 photos to the theme "Duo" in the month of August 2019 and post them in this thread. Constructive comments are encouraged and should also be posted in this thread. There is a discussion thread for general chat, ideas, etc. The first post in the discussion thread also includes links to this year's previous themes.

Just to reiterate, photos on the subject "Duo" should be shot and posted this month, September 2019, feel free to jump in whenever you like. Happy shooting :)

@Cobra, please sticky this thread and unsticky August when you get chance

9.1 A Duo of Diesel Pumps....

9-1-duo-4454.jpg

Yes ... I'm enjoying the contributions so far. About time I added something. :giggle:

Ooo, where is that? I have a bit of thing for abandoned mines

Foel-Gron. The entrance to the adit is flooded but you are rewarded with some nice iron shells and a bit of mineralisation. One to call in at if in the area rather than for a special trip.

Oops! That's embarrassing:oops: :$
Thanks for pointing that out...must read the rules closer next time!
I've removed the images...
Now worries, I breifly saw the photos earlier and they were good, I particularly liked the last.

Love the bikes @d00d, great colours.

This month is really hotting up, if you are not careful I might be tempted to post something :)

Love the bikes @d00d, great colours.

This month is really hotting up, if you are not careful I might be tempted to post something :)

Cheers Chris. :giggle:

And I'm tempted to beat my past performance of two shots per month. ;)

That's two fabulous shots, Dave. @d00d

fabulous! thanks Stan, I like that word. :D

Perhaps I could have done something better here, but I didn't want to get thrown out of the shop.

AOQU_KpnkAN0HU8ENfP2wgKru-C8Nd5mVT5_HgJydYK5IxkEXmZ9ZkQwGX5lZ1JElTWX9fFC1TF8YflXLR1dKNZrmbxEXrzN0Q4ZzgrXuUpYLMF_CGjko1x4cFiDdRtILkQ7jdBTTO0z_DQ4aJeQpFjNHzacqqv5jI7D9yBUmpn6gDqiDe4qsWZ4dVAbNXUFrVU9laL4C6XqX29J6unf5LEr5ZKzq2bETxk12h4rMKuzKj3oW3TgqgyDG64A4edZ9FW59jZbHgPLdCjZ5PwTupaihpyzBFMFF-ZY4nsIXeBospNVyAKsjkK2EsZ67oieEQwiSEAG9ig4L_WGYYlZTdyQODJNGPg-y-zwiIqtTpwjevCx-Cd-RWJd9MHYl9O2ZetyUvG2j6PZFwX4HkNdVAlHeXG1qBhtaXkTJuP-DKL0yNM-GiXjcqsDD380jH6nXOiEIDkhFYZD3gk1BVQmFSXqMBoBtsx8eo35Fcg0HmjrcWIBfp243fkEveLlK3KrXEQ5vv8sAhOKNwj6RjIBDdx4ztssczk9-ksW8lc27pl1UIyl36WJwRDJ8Wz19DxE8IGT11SUQfsMM7dnSIT11qX7GT5SVIressD9Vpuh-6vF_C_-E0H45_pEQ-_T5Zv-GxGn6UpDW9xRHEeYD2T9np605MazMJbV0FakOMyV5WtMJaENh0ZhMG-uVWrtSk66oHrnQfXUqO5bYey49PM4dR3MLvYJmR-jt6iKDUJrDZXRo3cJ=w1115-h867-no

Tilting trains - Prototype and Reality.

From Crewe Heritage Centre on Sunday.

i-8vDGWQ7-X2.jpg

Two wheels X2 - Tour of Britain on Saturday. Hindley near Wigan.

i-HcJC9XJ.jpg

Thanks Sirch - all courtesy of a preset I created in Nik Silver Efex....

Two blurry toggers at Doncaster yesterday.

i-cmr5T3n.jpg

Two big beastie Class 37's with a Network Rail test train rumbling out of Doncaster yesterday.

i-fHk6BxL.jpg

Really tight for space here, but how about this for a duo of replicas? The foreground one is the legendary Sopwith Camel, while the background one is the lesser known BE2a of similar vintage, both created full size from the original drawings. If you are ever anywhere near Montrose in Scotland, the Air Station Heritage Centre is a must-visit.

DSCF5333-tp.jpg

Back