Takes On Liquid - January Challenge

wow there's some truly amazing stuff here, stuff beyond my capabilities. Excellent.

I've been playing with booze bottles, ice cubes and finally Fairy Liquid !! but not much to offer I'm afraid (but I'll do it anyway).

umipJ7jlEOrPtBLECorkfVp6pF3H9oOnkz8IiT3EM6ELmuxjeOdw9YSPYs4QR5p-ZkEh0wZquyJEqILP0_jMBr3rQtDo1c3qqJPEyNu-Xf0P1xbSJ4WFtD1VNau7ayZCNRNmzJNiiPa40hDE1jb9PpC2XC2tEZUGQBUM0mV_akF-ya4ZQR66QP2aq7NlWLGAgU9SFjmkhMQScmXhZDR5B3tz0hEIjwrtSZps2kHMtsvmdeYyPTG9aTf_zCIxSWnE4qV9TXR7gL93mC65kzkopzel8IsZA-CnhLbx6j9CrfWqSOwqIdgWk46q-y3HQD9nhBpttMidE-WGWPh6fs2fXBAgOJOag5qCPvZl_-W7gIawCPh3RKY3CZN86D-Zkmi7hhetxT9tFm7nJVM9X9ubUjj5fBZqAUM7GkqFzzKpCrvEvm0VYyViwdfRUCARWV3H6lYMCu8x9mEq29qvzFDgUr_jLbIVO2aYZGOHBFi_M1MDuSGUCgIvNq5knHbuLpZjuxPimJdOVGXTfVN27sStHa4ibn2L-f8FYPelCpNOfHRYDsO_uGc_OU7gIG3PYfSdj9IVXKhxyLv-mZ3aVHiw_PIsUEzQ6gn0PkgV6-haNIgXkj8P8FcDjbQrACQg3PQEAf5SgFT-9cn3Atnz3y-lb5J3XA=w1085-h869-no

1nBV4LoNhZzIRbL7eRoqaDdprJM5xjmyl9n9zb2IEObJT70osJbxiqsF9deXb8O0NvU0sPPFO4SUyQCUMpO1Vwx1q_k3SgoF8DrDtDlWxYZJhRXMT6EDfgdBzAbdroxEBYm1l88YjMRxtryXCuSwF_s-JTx7HXcUKtUrALHiovsSutKEKBPXUb7BVf9-QVokL4VAt7KpTIwjW8HEUVYTC6xBayxQcZW60dU5TjQyvtCewO02bXiwZeW6nUj2t50NeoDBZVyUdE6a5zvBJJJfpq4XO5FPssZ-0D4o7lXEkSsFlVECTxjL2rGNR3yyfUHZoexa5MLUoqn9srvj-t_6QC6eeQ9K8QG-dqZcnPGhu_GIOWyaPrM3ZnQeO6kWEmzEce-vXzZ6-wiwfnRIFELQFn34Qdc0Kd-sck7XI1VBZEDKXzr-O0f1VkvmMDophqtApYT0OTYE4Y-y5fa--RK6c5w8hDJhrHvoi2vtGNU9IzOPj5GsQfOuE95Iq0wJ0RGnx0I1TZk6hNC2caivCWaOsaY9CfZoYGS6Zxr-vqrtxdfA3Y4M4CX8ZoHcx9ZIF8-dTRvTWi9ojiAy63cyFG8shdB7CeXRXse5QrRB81UDOMBmINO_2RVEfVLVwyu9EzyQ2mjExFavQC143BXGGGBvHUBgtQ=w1316-h869-no

Like @d00d I've been messing with ice cubes, what a faff, the photography is fairly straight forward but I found making half-decent looking ice cubes is a bit of a challenge
Yes I faffed with icecubes that weren't very transparent, googled and found something saying boil the water first, so I did and next day faffed some more, the new ice didn't really look any better, so abandoned it.

Yours is good Chris, I tried that and got a double reflection. This "creative" stuff is not my forte.

Anyway we're not even halfway through the month yet. :banana:

Yours is good Chris, I tried that and got a double reflection. This "creative" stuff is not my forte.
Thanks, I did the whole boiled water, freezing from the bottom up thing and got a few that were nearly clear but then clear doesn't photograph very well, so I used on of the cubes with some bubbles in it.

Anyway we're not even halfway through the month yet
Yeah, loads of time :runaway:

Soem very clever pix popping up here!

So, erm, here's some more booze!

This is nice rum. VERY nice rum!

i-HCHvNkw.jpg

Hmmm...links not working? When I select Edit, can see the images in my post, when I save it, they get replaced by two big X's.....

@aliengrove The link to your flickr works though :) there is something almost other-worldly about the second which I really like, I also like the colours and tones in both. Thanks for contributing Jon

@aliengrove The link to your flickr works though :) there is something almost other-worldly about the second which I really like, I also like the colours and tones in both. Thanks for contributing Jon

Cheers, saw the post and thought why not have a go? Shame about the links being odd, but at least they work.

@sirch great shot of the ice cube love the blue did you alter the WB to get it I’ve done it before with water drop shots

Oh I have just come across this thread, a month on a topic ! Great. I need to get my skates on. I have an idea with some Victorian medicine bottles

Nice texture Tim. My guess is either river bed or pool and roots of trees?

Do I get a :jaffa:?
Been shaving your legs in the bath again? :)
Oddly No & LOL.
It's entirely artificial, outside of the bloomberg arcade on Queen Victoria St
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5126159,-0.0922844,44m/data=!3m1!1e3

To get that angle involved lying on the concrete surround, hanging over the edge trying to work out where the focus box was showing up on my P&S whilst viewed at an oblique angle.
it did seem to work though.

Oddly No & LOL.
It's entirely artificial, outside of the bloomberg arcade on Queen Victoria St
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5126159,-0.0922844,44m/data=!3m1!1e3

To get that angle involved lying on the concrete surround, hanging over the edge trying to work out where the focus box was showing up on my P&S whilst viewed at an oblique angle.
it did seem to work though.

Wonder what did all the passerby think of that weird person lying on the ground taking pictures of some strange objects? :D :LOL:

...you must have had to be quick

Yes, impossibly quick in fact, which is why I had to cheat. (Two exposures combined in post)
I've renamed this 'Global Warming' ... a literal interpretation as we melt the ice caps.

Back