Talk Photography Day 2013

Will You'n'Matt'n'Co be co-ordinating the submissions again this year?

Will You'n'Matt'n'Co be co-ordinating the submissions again this year?

If Yv wants our help again I (and i amagine the big guy) will be happy to help - that said I/we havent been asked so she may have it all wrapped up

Thanks guys, so far so good, got most of it under control [apart from the bits I will need admin to do, that may take a little more effort with a big stick] but rest assured, if I need help you guys are first on the list. I think for now the biggest thing everyone can do is get the message out there, this final week run in is the time when we push it and its close enough for people to remember and plan how they are going to do things.

So, any opportunity you can, remind members, across the whole forum. get facebooking, tweeting, etc.... (y)

Thanks guys, so far so good, got most of it under control [apart from the bits I will need admin to do, that may take a little more effort with a big stick] but rest assured, if I need help you guys are first on the list. I think for now the biggest thing everyone can do is get the message out there, this final week run in is the time when we push it and its close enough for people to remember and plan how they are going to do things.

So, any opportunity you can, remind members, across the whole forum. get facebooking, tweeting, etc.... (y)

TPD2013 more important that your birthday and Christmas combined :D it's the biggest day of the TP year :woot:

Where do we get the code for the signature thing ?

My plan of being a grandad is blown as she was due yesterday and the little bugger is having a lie in.

Err well thats good as TP Dat is 31st lets hope for 31 then as its 24hrs of 31st TP Day
so you habent missed it (y)

I think they are talking about trying to help her along naturally Saturday if no luck she will be induced the following Friday. My back up is the Jet skis at the Lakeside again.

I'll try and give this a go, but I'm spending most of the day driving the length of the country!

crap , is it tomorrow... I thought its was next week , ahhhhh :runaway:

Weather for the whole UK looks good.
Even where there's a little rain, there's a good chance it will be from photogenic showers.
The South of the UK looks promising for both a decent sunrise and sunset!

Decision decisions. :thinking:

tell me about it, not actually working so trying to decide what will best work as a way to show what TP means to me... and if anyone suggests a mountain of jaffa cakes and a hammer.... :bat: :LOL:

Spookily, just had a call from a photobuddy asking if I want to go shooting tomorrow evening.
I'm currently thinking a bottle of wine and a picnic either on the edge of the Mendips to watch the sun go down (800ft drop facing South West), or on a beach somewhere.
Hmmm - gonna be really difficult to decide!

Oh yes - definitely need to take some Jaffa Cakes :D

Weather for the whole UK looks good.
Even where there's a little rain, there's a good chance it will be from photogenic showers.
The South of the UK looks promising for both a decent sunrise and sunset!

Decision decisions. :thinking:

Unfortnately, the times id like to get out (sunrise and sunset), I wont be able to tomorrow. Ive decided on a location, so just hope that the light wont be too harsh when I go. Might have to change subjects numerous times depending on what works or not. Trouble is, id really like to better my effort from last year... :|

No images from Snowdonia from me this year; working near Heathrow next couple of days; so plan on visiting the famous myrtle avenue for some plane spotting lol

Just realised timimgs are out with the forum 1 hour behind :help: two eyes is all you need Stewart thats what takes the photgraph lol

Last edited:
Just realised timimgs are out with the forum 1 hour behind :help: two eyes is all you need Stewart thats what takes the photgraph lol

Sadly my eyes cannot record the image and if I don't have my contacts in i get that classic Nikon out of focus effect :D

1235534_10151590249856332_441756984_n.jpg

Well done Matt, you can always be relied upon for the first image (y)

Well done Matt, you can always be relied upon for the first image (y)

Not actually what I had planned unfortunately :( was going to do some serious light painting to bring in the day but I have and infected cut on my ankle and this was the first time I've put a shoe on in a week and half and by the time I was down the garden only about 50 metres it was burning so I tried to spin a few test orbs running up to midnight but quickly learned I'm not a good orb spinner when I'm limping :bang:

So I hobbled back up and shot this image of the orb tool I was going to use :(

Aurora Alert

Saceweather has put up an alert for Aurora activity tonight.
Their Current Auroral Oval map shows some activity extending as far South as the UK.
Nothing guaranteed, but anyone with clear skies and not too much light pollution should keep one eye looking North.

ooohhh nearly missed this lol, am away to Italy tomorrow so best get my skates on :LOL:

Back