weekly Tango 32's 2014 52 challenge Week 39 -44 added

Quite like it - but it is a touch dark - I don't have a clue what it is though :shrug:

Hi ya

I quite like the blue reflecting through the bubbles & mingling with the goldy tones , like the random shape as well , keep wondering if it's croppable in to something more.......

I like your idea and as said before it reminds me of an Island

Smoke.
this has been a tough journey first attempt I could not get enough light into the photo all i got was black ( no off gun flash ) so after searching google i found another way this got smoke but the back round was unusable so a trip to the range today to buy back round card and we have my smoke attempt its far from perfect but after all the failed attempts I have had and reading the struggles others have had Im happy with it

take2
by Craigw1978, on Flickr

smoke take 2
by Craigw1978, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Craig, nice sharp image with lots of colours. You could light paint it with an LED torch to get some of the crystals to sparkle. The black background works well.

Great shot Craig (y) colours look good, lighting, bg, :clap:

Hi nice clean image but a little closer would be better to see the detail in the rock

Nice shot with good colours (particularly like the flecks of blue in it). Closer shot would help.

:clap: for perservering with smoke, plenty learned there I'm sure..

mineral looks like a nice chunk of rock, needs more lighting to make the crystally bits glisten and sparkle

Good colours and background on the mineral, perhaps a tighter crop as I want to see more of the detail. ;)

Hi Craig

I feel your pain with the smoke image....difficult little tykes they are , so just a (y) from me

Mineral....lovely little rock there , I'd also have liked a closer shot to see more of the detail & blue bits but that's a cracking black bg you've got....:clap:

A very pretty piece of stone - works very well on the black background (y)

I will kick things off by saying what a lovely dog, very good composition. Crit wise I would like to see the edge of the dogs nose as it looks lost in the background. I am viewing on my iPad so that may be why.

I will kick things off by saying what a lovely dog, very good composition. Crit wise I would like to see the edge of the dogs nose as it looks lost in the background. I am viewing on my iPad so that may be why.

thanks Mandy this is my little princess Saffyre trying to get her to sit still and get the Ears, Eye, Nose and Mouth in was a challenge and the backround was a mess so had to darken in PP :(

I would have liked you to zoom in on the eye as while she is a lovely dog, it is afterall a picture of a dog. perhaps a much smaller DoF to de-focus the nose and the ear?

Yep, she's a grand looking dog Craig, its a good image (y) possibly a slightly more forward facing shot to captured the colour in both eyes :)

Back