weekly Tango 32's 2014 52 challenge Week 39 -44 added

lighting on the manneguin is nice, creating good shadows and highlights, inclusion of the choc bar gives it an weird interesting twist. :)

thought behind the positioning??

lighting on the manneguin is nice, creating good shadows and highlights, inclusion of the choc bar gives it an weird interesting twist. :)

thought behind the positioning??

I tried different positioning but ended up back with the recovery position they reckon this is the most comfy sleeping position and the one the body will revert to naturally in our sleep ( so I read some where ) so went with it

Hmmm .. like this one :clap:

(but that's only because I've got a dirty mind .. probably)

week 11 re-shoot off smoke with a swirl

decided to have another go at smoke as I really struggled with it the first time around but really enjoyed trying so a quick trip to the shops for more incense sticks and here we are, its still far from perfect but I thinks its a bit better than my first attempt and I managed to get a few swirls in there too ( just in case i don't get chance to shoot another )

smoke white
by Craigw1978, on Flickr

woops ... that's the wooden man cuddling the chocolate bar ... I like.

but I also like the red stuff in water (or is it smoke?)

Hi reshoot not really doing it for me, sorry don't really know what to say about it except there seems no definition to it.

Time - Somebody said the model was hugging the time bar. It must be my mind but it looks like it's doing something else to it :D :exit:
Reshoot - I'm afraid this doesn't work for me. It feels oof and maybe not enough smoke.
Swirl - This on the other hand is spot on. I like how you haven't been scared to put it on a slight angle and also a reasonably shallow DoF which throws the background out but you can still tell it is more cakes. Nice one.

Time - Somebody said the model was hugging the time bar. It must be my mind but it looks like it's doing something else to it :D :exit:
Reshoot - I'm afraid this doesn't work for me. It feels oof and maybe not enough smoke.
Swirl - This on the other hand is spot on. I like how you haven't been scared to put it on a slight angle and also a reasonably shallow DoF which throws the background out but you can still tell it is more cakes. Nice one.

a few other have mentioned the time out bar but I think you all got dirty minds :p

Re-shoot yeah I'm with you still need a lot of work

Swirl - thanks just waiting for the ok to eat one of them :)

Reshoot...either not enough smoke, too much flash or PP issues, as said not enough smoke.

Swirl....gimme....gimme...gimme...

Nice colours, slight tilt. I'd like to see it a bit closer.

Cheers.

a few other have mentioned the time out bar but I think you all got dirty minds :p

Add me to the list too Craig :whistle: :D

Swirl- looks well lit, exposed, good contrasting colours on the butter cream topping......you got any left over?
t2820.gif

super swirls, getting there now craig, (y), maybe a tad brighter and something says a bit of a crop off the right (maybe just loosing the two rightmost silver balls)

overall, very nice though, I'm liking the angle, and the shallow DOF, oh and the cakes. :)

Reshoot...either not enough smoke, too much flash or PP issues, as said not enough smoke.

Swirl....gimme....gimme...gimme...

Nice colours, slight tilt. I'd like to see it a bit closer.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy I did have a few more close up shots but they looked kinda boring so went with this one
actually took 77 photos at different angles / settings / zooms trying to get the better picture which is a real step forward for me in the past there would have been 10-15 max

Hi Agree with everyone else nice cake pic colours and lighting spot on

Hi Craig

Smoke reshoot......not really able to crit but not enough smoke ?

Swirl...going against the majority here...I'm not keen on the tilt ( but then I am odd !)not sure why but it just feels awkward to me , I do like the colors , the DOF & super sharpness :)

Smoke - Nice colours but looks OOF to me and not to keen on the grey BG. Also agree to either more smoke or tighter crop.

Swirl - There look like some seriously good cakes. Nice and sharp and against my normal taste I do in fact like the tilt (y)

Time - composition doesn't work for me, I'm afraid.

Swirl - can't really see where the swirl is in #1, but the cupcakes are well see and shot.

Hi Craig :)

Swirl - now THEY look LOVELY, a couple of them would go down very nicely with a Coffee at the moment :coffee:

I'm liking your composition with the white cupcake surrounded by the two rose ones, the cases are nice and subtle keeping the eye on the coloured sprinkles, nice angle too - Like It (y)

Back