The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Many thanks for that, I haven't a clue as to which ones will be in the store but that gives me food for thought for what I might be looking out for.

No worries, George .... Have fun, mate (y)

Another very nice Sci-Fi Fujigraph Mate,

"You and Stan @rpn have kinda got me really interested in this sort of thing so much so that just before Tier 4 I stopped by a model/toy store in town to see what I could pick up and maybe have a go at. The lady in the store suggested I hang on for a few days as they had some more figures coming in and then Tier 4 came in first and the store is closed". Just out of interest roughly how big are the toy figures you are using ?

Ditto. I want to buy toys now. The wife is gonna have a fit asking why I'm buying toys when I'm 35 haha. Well, it's actually more because I'm spending more money as opposed to buying toys lol.

Ditto. I want to buy toys now. The wife is gonna have a fit asking why I'm buying toys when I'm 35 haha. Well, it's actually more because I'm spending more money as opposed to buying toys lol.

Haha go for it :)
I`m 60 and it hasn`t stopped me ;) I can only do so much "woodland" pix, before I get bored to tears, so toys were the answer... They are of course "Collectors Items" too, don`t forget (y)

I don't have the wife problem as mine is at home in the States (and I've not been able to see her since February) and I'm in the UK with travelling to & fro out of the question because of Covid travel restrictions. So at the moment completely on my own which I don't mind most of the time. Just would have been nice to have had something different to do over Christmas other than trying to cook a Christmas lunch for the first time. ;) :)

Another very nice Sci-Fi Fujigraph Mate,

"You and Stan @rpn have kinda got me really interested in this sort of thing so much so that just before Tier 4 I stopped by a model/toy store in town to see what I could pick up and maybe have a go at. The lady in the store suggested I hang on for a few days as they had some more figures coming in and then Tier 4 came in first and the store is closed". Just out of interest roughly how big are the toy figures you are using ?

I only started recently with these Action Figures because of the lockdown and can't travel anywhere outside the city. Agree with Paul @Paulie-W re Star Action Figures they are the cheapest I've come across so far even cheaper than eBay.

Last edited:
My new lens won't be here till tomorrow, but I still nipped into town to send back a parcel (and took the camera...)
X-T3 Viltrox 85mm
Alley dog by Donna White, on Flickr
Paddle boarding by Donna White, on Flickr
Bike parked by Donna White, on Flickr
I did try the bike in b&w but felt the definition wasn't enough to the background, and quite liked a little red. If it had been a black bike though...

Is the "square" hood for the 23mm 1.4 an improvement on the standard hood?
If so, anyone got a spare?

Haha go for it :)
I`m 60 and it hasn`t stopped me ;) I can only do so much "woodland" pix, before I get bored to tears, so toys were the answer... They are of course "Collectors Items" too, don`t forget (y)

pffft only the original ones, not the imposters from Episodes 1-3, 7-199

Love the first one (and the fence on flickr). It looks so pretty :)

How are you finding that big boy f1?

Mega! In terms of bang for buck I love the Mitakon more though, amazing bit of glass and so well screwed together.

I live 20 minutes from Castle Combe, this is only the second time I've been there in 38 years (last time was 20 years ago!) Always avoided it due to tourists but obviously none of those right now...

Mega! In terms of bang for buck I love the Mitakon more though, amazing bit of glass and so well screwed together.

I live 20 minutes from Castle Combe, this is only the second time I've been there in 38 years (last time was 20 years ago!) Always avoided it due to tourists but obviously none of those right now...

Cool
From what i`ve seen and read, it can produce some great images. Well out of my budget range though (but do have the 56 APD). I wish I could get along with manual focus, but alas it`s a no go for me.

Haha typical, and I know what you mean. I do the same, and kinda step over what`s on the doorstep, to go out n about ;) It does look like a proper chocolate box village :)

It’s currently -4 outside, using the X-T3, am I likely to run into any issues in that temperature?

It’s currently -4 outside, using the X-T3, am I likely to run into any issues in that temperature?

I had mine attached to the front of my rucksack for 3 hours yesterday morning in -4, no issues. The battery will deplete quicker but you shouldn't have any other issues at those temps.

It's rated to -10 officially but it'll happily work much lower than that even. I have family in Minnesota and they have an X-T2, been out in -20 before and still worked.

Last edited:
Anybody else use the 18-135mm? I picked one up a few weeks ago but have only really used it in the last few days. Reason I bought it was for hiking and mountain trips where one weather sealed lens is absolutely ideal. Have to admit, I'm not sure about it though. Seems good at the wide end but I'm struggling with it at the longer end where it seems a bit soft and seems to be really struggle to find focus. I know these lenses are a big compromise so maybe my expectations are too high. But that said the Olympus 14-150ii I was using for similar stuff a while ago was fine.

Anybody else use the 18-135mm? I picked one up a few weeks ago but have only really used it in the last few days. Reason I bought it was for hiking and mountain trips where one weather sealed lens is absolutely ideal. Have to admit, I'm not sure about it though. Seems good at the wide end but I'm struggling with it at the longer end where it seems a bit soft and seems to be really struggle to find focus. I know these lenses are a big compromise so maybe my expectations are too high. But that said the Olympus 14-150ii I was using for similar stuff a while ago was fine.

IMO the 18-135 sacrifices IQ to give you a large zoom range, great OIS and WR in a relatively lightweight package (it is also very good with IR - no hotspots). It just goes to show that you can't have everything!! If the plusses are important then you have to accept the IQ, if IQ is important and you want that focal range then you will have to carry at least two lenses, which is not a lightweight option.

IMO the 18-135 sacrifices IQ to give you a large zoom range, great OIS and WR in a relatively lightweight package (it is also very good with IR - no hotspots). It just goes to show that you can't have everything!! If the plusses are important then you have to accept the IQ, if IQ is important and you want that focal range then you will have to carry at least two lenses, which is not a lightweight option.

Cheers. Yep. I understand that. Just trying to establish whether others see all of the compromise at the longer end only or whether mine might not be right.

Back