The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

"HAPPY NEW YEAR" everyone. (y) :):)

53EE3EB9-D206-4943-986C-82B8DE7F516B.jpeg

Yay! Fireball. Is that your model?

Haha a real blast from the past eh :)
Yep I`ve had it for years now, and it sits happily on the shelf (y)

Does anyone use the Peak Design clip? I take it you cant use it with a L bracket attached to the camera?

The clip is arca compatible so probably.
This might help.

The clip is arca compatible so probably.
This might help.

Thanks Peter my thoughts was running along the same lines but then I started to wonder if the silver knob thingy on the top left was some sort of locking mechanism.

Managed to do something similar today. Do you often use the 23mm on a walk with the kids? Covers most scenarios for you? I took the 16-50 out on the walk and tried to force myself to take a shot at 16, 23, 35 and 50 to see what focal length worked for a new prime additon. More often than not found myself at 23/35 and if space 50. Did not use the phone which I would normally take on a walk to force myself to use a proper camera again.
Yes, it is my go to for trips out.

Had one that I could catapult into the sky which parachuted back to earth when I was a young lad :)

Nice :) I had a comic store pretty local, that was full to the brim with cool stuff. It was like a toy treasure trove some days.. Unfortunately gone now :(

Mega! In terms of bang for buck I love the Mitakon more though, amazing bit of glass and so well screwed together.

I live 20 minutes from Castle Combe, this is only the second time I've been there in 38 years (last time was 20 years ago!) Always avoided it due to tourists but obviously none of those right now...

You can't be that far away from me, but I'm down on the Wilts/Dorset borders. Just about to go up onto Mere Down with the camera...

Try this https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/756935928190593/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined, or just search for Viltrox 23mm on marketplace - his listings are in Chesterfield. I can't seem to get his link, but click on him for his other listings. I have just ordered the 23mm but he does have more than 1 available, and he does have the 33, 56 and 85 in stock too.

For £165, well worth the punt :)

Have I missed that it arrived? Done any test shots? Any feedback would be appreciated on the lens received as looking to order either the 23 or 33.

Which version XC/XF? I've had both, still own the cheapo XC version and find it just as good, if not as nicely built. Lovely doggy too :)

XF. I didn’t know there was an XC until I actually started researching to purchase.

It’s the second lens I’ve bought from MPB (other one is 90mm f2) and I’ve been very happy with them. Will definitely go back for more.. when I work enough to pay for these... [emoji23]

Thanks. She’s a little cutie.

Figured I should post back after the forum’s advice. My XT-3 arrived the day after ordering and I had to wait until Xmas day to open it as my wife had kindly got me my first Fuji lens for Xmas. Took me a while to get used to no PASM and work out the Fuji way, but it was worth it. Love the system now, much better than my old FF gear in fact.

So far I’ve got the 16mm f2.8 WR and 35mm f2. I was thinking of the 16-80 f4 but I’m enjoying my two prime lenses so much I’m holding out for the release of an f2.8 16-80 with OIS. Fingers crossed for that one day (I’m sure it will be Uber expensive). I’m not really a prolific poster here, but wanted to say thanks again for the advice.

DSCF0026.JPG

Figured I should post back after the forum’s advice. My XT-3 arrived the day after ordering and I had to wait until Xmas day to open it as my wife had kindly got me my first Fuji lens for Xmas. Took me a while to get used to no PASM and work out the Fuji way, but it was worth it. Love the system now, much better than my old FF gear in fact.

So far I’ve got the 16mm f2.8 WR and 35mm f2. I was thinking of the 16-80 f4 but I’m enjoying my two prime lenses so much I’m holding out for the release of an f2.8 16-80 with OIS. Fingers crossed for that one day (I’m sure it will be Uber expensive). I’m not really a prolific poster here, but wanted to say thanks again for the advice.

View attachment 304103

It's lovely. Very tactile and hands on. I'm not sure the dog is quite so impressed though. :D

Back