The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Sorry, I have a feeling I've asked this before but I don't think anyone answered.

On an X-T4 is there any way to have OIS/IBIS operating on the shutter button when using back button focussing? It seems to default to OIS being operated when focussing only unless I turn on 'always on' but that kills battery life.

I'm, more or less, in lockdown and can't go anywhere so might as well play with toys. :giggle:

Same situation, mate. Tier 4 is a pain, but there are toys ;) Supposed to be a little snowy here tomorrow, so might be able to get some outside pix ;)

Reactions: rpn
Lee Cheswick on Facebook marketplace - great price and I have bought from him before (as have many on this forum).
How does buying from Facebook marketplace work ?
I've never done it before (obviously) and might try the 23mm - the 33mm is fab, but something a little wider might suit me more..

Well, the two weeks ankle rest is up today, but I did sneak in a very small walk yesterday as the light was so special. Annoyingly it was dull dull dull today, but I did manage a much missed and needed walk with Lili our dog, who instantly forgave me for two weeks neglect. Great, aren't they, dogs?
So these are from yesterday's quick in and out at Garret.

Red Tank, White Comb
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Slip Sliding Away
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

The Long and Winding Road
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well, the two weeks ankle rest is up today, but I did sneak in a very small walk yesterday as the light was so special. Annoyingly it was dull dull dull today, but I did manage a much missed and needed walk with Lili our dog, who instantly forgave me for two weeks neglect. Great, aren't they, dogs?

Red Tank, White Comb
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Slip Sliding Away
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

#1. Whatashot !!!!

Red Tank, White Comb
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Slip Sliding Away
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr
Normally I stay out of 'other' equipment threads, but Red Tank is simply fantastic.

As I’ve recently purchased an X-Pro1 from here to use alongside my T3, I thought I’d write some words on shooting it in 2020.
Plenty of pictures too!

Does anyone know if the BC-W126 (older charger for NP-W126 batteries) charger can charge NP-126S batteries? The only difference I see between the BC-W126 and BC-W126S is that it has a slightly higher output Amp rating of 0.75 where as the older batteries are 0.6.

From the limited info I can find on Google, there's a few people saying they do it with theirs and it works fine but unsure if a lower output Amp rating would cause issues for the battery or just charge it more slowly which isn't a bother for me.

Does anyone know if the BC-W126 (older charger for NP-W126 batteries) charger can charge NP-126S batteries? The only difference I see between the BC-W126 and BC-W126S is that it has a slightly higher output Amp rating of 0.75 where as the older batteries are 0.6.

From the limited info I can find on Google, there's a few people saying they do it with theirs and it works fine but unsure if a lower output Amp rating would cause issues for the battery or just charge it more slowly which isn't a bother for me.

Yep (y)
I still use my old T2 charger (just double checked BC-W126), with my NP batteries. I didn`t even know there was any difference, so couldn`t be bothered to unpack the H1 charger. Never had any issues :)

Yep (y)
I still use my old T2 charger (just double checked BC-W126), with my NP batteries. I didn`t even know there was any difference, so couldn`t be bothered to unpack the H1 charger. Never had any issues :)

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply. I've found a 2nd hand genuine Fuji NP-W126 charger for £20 as I'm looking for one so I can charge both my batteries for the X100V at the same time (one in camera and one on the charger). £60 is a bit expensive for a new one from Fuji and I never trust the off-brand ones for some reason but this settles it. :)

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply. I've found a 2nd hand genuine Fuji NP-W126 charger for £20 as I'm looking for one so I can charge both my batteries for the X100V at the same time (one in camera and one on the charger). £60 is a bit expensive for a new one from Fuji and I never trust the off-brand ones for some reason but this settles it. :)

No worries. Happy to help out.
expro white are a good third party battery (I got a bunch), should you decide to get more (y)

No worries. Happy to help out.
expro white are a good third party battery (I got a bunch), should you decide to get more (y)

Thanks for this. I am looking at batteries just now so will take a look.

Anyone who's interested in film simulations and adding their own should go to this website and save it as a bookmark :)

https://fujixweekly.com/

We finally got some snow in Coventry this morning... It was gone within a few hours, but managed to get out for a walk with my son.

LRCX4390
by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

Managed to do something similar today. Do you often use the 23mm on a walk with the kids? Covers most scenarios for you? I took the 16-50 out on the walk and tried to force myself to take a shot at 16, 23, 35 and 50 to see what focal length worked for a new prime additon. More often than not found myself at 23/35 and if space 50. Did not use the phone which I would normally take on a walk to force myself to use a proper camera again.

Just to answer this, it's very easy and Lee is so quick to reply and I've got a 23mm on its way to me...
I may receive mine today/tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how we get on with these lenses (not normally a focal length I would use but hoping for more b&w and street/structure photography)

I may receive mine today/tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how we get on with these lenses (not normally a focal length I would use but hoping for more b&w and street/structure photography)
I just don't use primes, but despite that keep on trying them..
The exception is the 90mm, which I do have and use. I recently bought a used 33 Viltox which is great but not quite wide enough so it may go once I've tried the 23. The one thing I miss about full frame is the subject isolation that a wide aperture gives so am hopeful.
I have to say that for the money they seem amazingly well built and nice to use.
Hope you do get yours today, enjoy it !

I just don't use primes, but despite that keep on trying them..
The exception is the 90mm, which I do have and use. I recently bought a used 33 Viltox which is great but not quite wide enough so it may go once I've tried the 23. The one thing I miss about full frame is the subject isolation that a wide aperture gives so am hopeful.
I have to say that for the money they seem amazingly well built and nice to use.
Hope you do get yours today, enjoy it !

You don't get as much subject isolation at wide apertures on a wide angle lens, its just the physics of the optics.

You don't get as much subject isolation at wide apertures on a wide angle lens, its just the physics of the optics.
Yeah, but my current 16-55 is only a F2.8, so this will be way better. I no longer want the razor-thin DoF that FF gives, but a little more isolation would be nice.
Hmm, actually isolation is not what we are meant to be seeking at the moment is it..!

Another very nice Sci-Fi Fujigraph Mate,

"You and Stan @rpn have kinda got me really interested in this sort of thing so much so that just before Tier 4 I stopped by a model/toy store in town to see what I could pick up and maybe have a go at. The lady in the store suggested I hang on for a few days as they had some more figures coming in and then Tier 4 came in first and the store is closed". Just out of interest roughly how big are the toy figures you are using ?

Last edited:
Another very nice Sci-Fi Fujigrah Mate,

"You and Stan @rpn have kinda got me really interested in this sort of thing so much so that just before Tier 4 I stopped by a model/toy store in town to see what I could pick up and maybe have a go at. The lady in the store suggested I hang on for a few days as they had some more figures coming in and then Tier 4 came in first and the store is closed". Just out of interest roughly how big are the toy figures you are using ?

Thank you, George :)

All mine are Hasbro black series 6" figures. Mostly I get them from star action figures
They also seem to hold their value too, which is always a good thing imo ;)

Last edited:
Thank you, George :)

All mine are Hasbro black series 6" figures. Mostly I get them from star action figures
They also seem to hold their value too, which is always a good thing imo ;)

Many thanks for that, I haven't a clue as to which ones will be in the store but that gives me food for thought for what I might be looking out for.

Back