The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I used his video to shoot my wifes Linked In profile pic during lockdown when she was made redundant. Flash was balanced on a stepladder with a small 8" diffuser and an A1 peice of matt black card balanced on a chair behind her head. Took a bit of faffing to get it the right power/distance but was happy with the result.

I used his video to shoot my wifes Linked In profile pic during lockdown when she was made redundant. Flash was balanced on a stepladder with a small 8" diffuser and an A1 peice of matt black card balanced on a chair behind her head. Took a bit of faffing to get it the right power/distance but was happy with the result.

Not even lying, after watching his home studio set up I’ve bought a black and white backdrop, a godox octobox and mount.. a godox wireless transmitter.. and I’ve already started marketing as a LinkedIn/social media head shot photographer [emoji23]

I got bored, so

H1 80mm

Petals by Paulie-W, on Flickr

That's a very nice close up Fujigraph Paul, with a good mono presentation.

"I've also been contemplating presenting some close up/macro shots in mono but have virtually always gone for colour, but after seeing this it's something I shall be doing, even if its just to do something different with my snaps."

PS :- Did you see the two "Storm Troopers" & "Star Wars" toys on the Antiques Roadshow last Sunday evening?

That's a very nice close up Fujigraph Paul, with a good mono presentation.

"I've also been contemplating presenting some close up/macro shots in mono but have virtually always gone for colour, but after seeing this it's something I shall be doing, even if its just to do something different with my snaps."

PS :- Did you see the two "Storm Troopers" & "Star Wars" toys on the Antiques Roadshow last Sunday evening?

Thanks, George (y)

Sometimes it works pretty well, but I think a lot depends on the subject. Give it a go, matey :)

No I didn't... What did they say about them?

No I didn't... What did they say about them?

The "Troopers" were a couple of folk with full Trooper outfits on. The toys looked like some sort of space station etc and were quite old but more or less in perfect condition and as far as I can remember the guy valued them at about a thousand bucks. I've not checked but I'd be surprised if you couldn't see the episode on iPlayer.

The "Troopers" were a couple of folk with full Trooper outfits on. The toys looked like some sort of space station etc and were quite old but more or less in perfect condition and as far as I can remember the guy valued them at about a thousand bucks. I've not checked but I'd be surprised if you couldn't see the episode on iPlayer.

Haha cool :)
I'll check it out tonight when I get home. Thanks for that, George.

Haha cool :)
I'll check it out tonight when I get home. Thanks for that, George.

Just checked for you mate, the broadcast is on "iPlayer" and is about 37 minutes into the episode.

Last edited:
Any SD cards recommendations please?

I'm looking to get faster cards for my XH-1, primarily to reduce buffering when shooting bursts on wildlife. I've currently got quite old Sandisk Ultra 32gb 80MB/s (write speed much lower?) UHS1 cards in there.

I don't need massive capacity, 64gb would be ample, just want something faster, but I'm not spending £100+ on a card either! sub £50 would be nice! You can get 64gb 170MB/s (90mb/s write) Extreme Pro cards for £20, which would be an improvement, but is UHS11 worth the extra?

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:
Well, DPD have just collected my V and it is winging it's way to MPB as I type..

Thank you for all your past comments and feedback on my photos. It was great to be part of the best thread on TP (y)

In a way, I'm sad that the iPhone (smartphone) has killed off camera ownership for many people. I can take snaps with my phone that are more than acceptable for the sort of things I still feel like snapping at the moment.

All the best.

Last edited:
Well, DPD have just collected my V and it is winging it's way to MPB as I type..

Thank you for all your past comments and feedback on my photos. It was great to be part of the best thread on TP (y)

In a way, I'm sad that the iPhone (smartphone) has killed off camera ownership for many people. I can take snaps with my phone that are more than acceptable for the sort of things I still feel like snapping at the moment.

All the best.

X100's are boomerangs, you WILL own another :)

8h3PNPbh.jpg

All the best.
You’ll be back in here ;)

Not even lying, after watching his home studio set up I’ve bought a black and white backdrop, a godox octobox and mount.. a godox wireless transmitter.. and I’ve already started marketing as a LinkedIn/social media head shot photographer [emoji23]

Hane you got a link please, can't find it on YouTube

Now here's a thing. Apologies if this is the wrong place, to start with. However, for some strange reason I find that my fn button's 3, 4, 5, and 6 are blued out and all of them set to AF. I don't think it's anything I've done. I can't access them at all to change them back. Although they otherwise work for navigating my way through the menu. What's going on oh Fuji gurus?

***** ignore***** Now resolved.

Last edited:
How good/bad is the x-t20 ? It seems small and reasonably priced s/h so I was thinking about moving from m43

I had been thinking about an x100f but I now from experience that I’d miss a floppy screen and different focal lengths

How good/bad is the x-t20 ? It seems small and reasonably priced s/h so I was thinking about moving from m43

I had been thinking about an x100f but I now from experience that I’d miss a floppy screen and different focal lengths

We have both in our household, I have X100F and my wife has X-T20- The X-T20 is a nice little camera, she really likes it, personally I would get at X-T2 at approx £100 more s/h as I could live without the touchscreen, but like some of the X-T2 benefits.(I did have an X-T2 as well but 'upgraded' to an X-H1)

There is nothing bad about the IQ, its the same sensor as the X-T2/X-H1/X-E3 and X100F

Its quite a 'light' body so heavy lenses can make it a bit front heavy, she uses the 23mmF2 and my old 18-55 on hers and is happy with the balance,

Back