weekly Tony's 52'ers for 2018

Not much down the town today so thought I'd go back to one of the first things I learnt here at TP back in 2012, this is the 1st time I've tried again since then with the new M6 that arrived today.

This part of the M25 (5 minute Walk from me) is between J5 and J6 and I'm pointing towards Clacket Lane Services

Good light trails, good sky, nice the way motorway curves off in the distance, good start to the year.

Works for me Sir, nice shape to the light trails, and good to see some light still in the sky.(y)

George.

Great looking shot

Welcome, Tony, and what a great image to start your 52. Super light trails and nicely balanced on either side, with a colourful sky to top it off. I've always wanted to try an image like this but we just don't have any busy roads in the area. Looking forward to seeing more of your images (y)

Thanks all, guess I also got luck yesterday as the traffic was actually moving on this part of the M25, not many days go by without incident at Clacket Lane

Agreeing with the other comments. Good trails and good to see the image was taken before it got too dark and you ended up with a black sky.

Thanks Tim, I got advice here from the forums on light trails back in 2012 and from what I can remember 30-45 minutes after sunset. This is a good location for me to practice and hoping in the summer when we get some more orange / red in the sky I can get some better results. Personally I still think there loads off room from improvement here in this area, if it helps others it was really windy that late afternoon, the settings as follows.....22mm, ISO 100, f8, 8 Seconds.

So any more advice I'm all ears

I do like the light trails and some nice cloud detail in the sky too. Very nice

Good light trails and the hint of pink in the sky works well.

Hi and welcome Tony

Light trails ... always good value. This is exceptionally good ... a good day for it and the perfect time of day. (y)

Nice image, looks good in B&W

Have you tried correcting the perspective in Photoshop or tilting the image so that both walls lean in the same amount.

Pete

You must have been there at some crazy hour to have no-one in your shot!

Well captured

Nice image, looks good in B&W

Have you tried correcting the perspective in Photoshop or tilting the image so that both walls lean in the same amount.

Pete

Hi Pete, no I haven't. I do need some practice in that area so guess this is a good one to start with.

I don't have a copy off PS only LR and that is v4. Thanks for the advice though

So week 1 gate, a good shot that goes well in mono Tony, the lights are ok just so you did well not to blow them badly a good job done. My only little nit pic is the verticals at the bottom just need a tweek (y)

Agreed, I can see it now so yes and off for some post processing learning

You must have been there at some crazy hour to have no-one in your shot!

Well captured

I was lucky on the way to work, it was around 07:45 and still quite dark and a lot of cloud out there

#2 looks pretty damn close to me.
I agree that the B&W suits it.
I don't think I've seen Borough market look that quiet for years, since before it became the tourist trap that it is these days.

#2 for me Tony. As others have said the B&W works well. I quite like the blown lights and the "Gated Garden" stall just adds to the theme.(y)

Borough Market looks so clean too, I guess they not only sleep up but give it a hose down too.

Good gates and spot on for the theme and nice graphic elements which suit the mono

I feel you have overdone the correction a bit, but either is great. B&W processing works a treat (y)

#2 looks pretty damn close to me.
I agree that the B&W suits it.
I don't think I've seen Borough market look that quiet for years, since before it became the tourist trap that it is these days.

Im with Tim, I thinks thats pretty close....

That edit works a treat, Tony. Removes any distractions and leaves the attention firmly on those impressive tall gates and the scene beyond, and it's a nice bonus that the sign visible through the gates is for the 'Gated Garden'. Two subjects for the price of one! I don't know the area at all but I'd guess B&W is the right choice to bring out the architectural details and the structure of the gates, and also remove any points of colour that would detract (y)

You have done well with the edit that is something I need to work on, the Black and white does suit. Nice timing for a pedestrian free shot I have been there and it was very busy indeed.

Back