TP™ Day 2011 - Please don't forget to email over your full res versions NOW!!

smooth

Threebrows
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
To all TP'ers.

The 2011 TalkPhotography day is set to rock!

Date: 2nd of July 2011

The membership of TP has continued to grow and hit amazing levels with people from all walks of life and favourite subject matter. With that in mind the challenge will be to take one picture on the 2nd July 2011 that represents your photographic passion with one image. The subject can be absolutely anything you like so long as it is taken at that specific date. Editing and PP is allowed – the competition has no content boundaries.

TP Day 2010 saw over 100 photographers take part - and this year we want even more! The date has been provided earlier this year so that you can get to planning your day.

Check out the 2010 TP Day Slideshow here!

If your chosen subject allows, it would be great if we could have some shots indicative of the time of day again so that we can have a transition and feeling of time passing through the TP Membership.

The TP staff and I would love for as many of the active membership to participate as possible – be they professional, hobbyist or just starting out. You can take the image by yourself, organise a meet or use a studio with other members, the decision is yours.

All the images will then be put into a special online gallery – to showcase and demonstrate the simply amazing talent and people that this forum harbours. There will also be a slideshow made up of all the images for your viewing pleasure. Every image will be included; this challenge is about uniting TalkPhotography with the subject that binds us – the love of taking photographs. Each member will only be able to submit one shot; a shot that defines their passion and favourite subject matter. Your submitted image will be to the best of your ability; to demonstrate your skill, technique and how TalkPhotography has helped you develop.

This year we are also planning a special photobook which will contain all the images submitted. These will go on general sale to the forum in time for christmas :)

For the slideshow and book we would like a higher res/size image than the forum permits so please send your full res final image to tpday11(at)talkphotography.co.uk along with your username so that credit can be given, and the time at which the shot was taken so that they can be grouped together. These will be required by the 1st of August.

Spread the word! This forum is simply superb, so let us give something back and unite in one day!

The Entries Thread is NOW LIVE! HAPPY TP DAY 2011 EVERYONE!

Last edited:
Ps - if you could put this in your forum signature to spread the word that would be fab!

[CENTER][URL="http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=302488"][IMG]http://www.smooth.so/TP/tpdaysig.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Just copy and paste the above into your My TP>Edit Signature.

Last edited:
:) Good to have you on board again Tina! Quick off the mark!

Well, I'll do my best to have a go again - though this time I won't be shooting on Kodachrome, sadly.

Thanks all three of you :) you are very Eagle eyed to spot this before all the promo has started! Good on yas! (y)

Sorted my signature if only to remind me of when it is. It's one of my few days off for the next six months too Yaaayyy

Last edited:
I will take part in this and will happily add something to my signature if someone would be kind enough to tell me how to make the other links in my signature into the neat and tidy clickable links that most seen to have ;)

Matt
MWHCVT

I will take part in this and will happily add something to my signature if someone would be kind enough to tell me how to make the other links in my signature into the neat and tidy clickable links that most seen to have ;)

Matt
MWHCVT

Hiya Matt!

You need to insert the clickable code -

[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwhcvt/"]Photography is limited only by your imagination[/URL]
[URL="http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=281545"]Guide to Light Trails by Me[/URL]
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/mwhcvt/sets/72157625597570143/"]My Challenge 365 - 2011[/URL]

To do it, simply highlight the actual words you want to be clickable, then click the hyperling button - globe with paperclip - then copy and paste in the URL.

Thanks to all of you so far pledging support! Have updated the signature to include the date :)

Wooohooo

It was a great effort from members contributing, last year with brilliant shots, and a great slide show really enjoyed being involved (y)

Im up for it,so put me down again please (y)

Added the links in my Sig

Last edited:
:D :D (y)

Can you help spread the word please all - you can add the sig, click the facebook like button at the bottom of the post, and generally spread to all you know on TP!

Thanks!

(y)I'm looking forward to this! Hopefully I'll have a bit of 'Beginners Luck'

Ill try, but no idea what represents my photographic passion!

Plenty of time tho think about it I guess!

Matt,

I can't remember from last time - do we have to post on the same day?

Cheers

Hugh

Matt,

I can't remember from last time - do we have to post on the same day?

Cheers

Hugh

We didn't last year - My shot was on Kodachrome and it took me nearly 3 weeks to get it back from Dwaynes in the USA :)

TBY is bang on. All the pictures MUST be taken on the day (2nd of July) and I will set a deadline a month or so later when the pictures must be submitted by. This is to give everyone chance to get film shots processed, or lots of digital editing in if they wish.

Cheers guys and gals (y)

Firstly thanks for the signature help, makes it look so much more organised that before, have added a link to the thread in my sig. and have liked it via facebook.

I already know what the my theme of photo will be, it will be a light trail but I will try and plan something just a little bit special for it...since I have begun to get a bit of a reputation for light trails ;)

Matt
MWHCVT

Awesome! Thanks both of you.

Matt - trails including a police car? :exit:

I'm guessing it's ok for newbies to join in ? Hope so :)

Going to be working on the morning so just the afternoon to sort a shot but gonna give it a go (y)

Woohoo...getting better at this 'puter lark, managed to edit my sig correctly :)

yep...plan to shot B&W landscape ....again...:LOL:

bujjer ...no sig showing.....:shrug:

Great stuff really enjoyed being involved last year I have amended my siggy too

I'm going to be working most of the day so I'll be fairly limited on time, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

I didn't get to join this last year so I'm really pleased to see it's back again - and the nice long lead in means I can make sure I'm not working that day! (y)

Awesome! Thanks both of you.

Matt - trails including a police car? :exit:

Haha, I think that I have gone and got myself a reputation on here as resident light trails nut, not that I mind it is a pleasure to help people out with what has become my area of expertise

I await the day that my profile is edited to reflect the fact by one of our wonderful mod's

As to blue lights, I will have to see what I can arrange :naughty:

Can I clarify do with have to take 3 shots one in the morning, one in the day and one at night?

Matt
MWHCVT

Back