Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

For some reason I'm getting the slightest suspicion that you may not be fully embracing the concept of the 52 taking you out of your comfort zone or trying something new, Dave... ;) :D

Of course, I could have got completely the wrong impression... :thinking: :p

Yes I have to agree Andrea You have got it all wrong :p
On a good note, when I`m at the Paris House I am out of my comfort zone :)

First week almost finished ....well done everyone :)

Hope I manage to stay this up to date with everything .... new theme tomorrow :banana:

I know what you mean, Susie, I share your ambition of staying this up to date :)

I must say that it's been a great first week with some cracking images, some lovely new contributors and lots of comments and advice. Long may it continue :clap:

Just joined will add my image as soon as I get a moment.

I do agree the first week has been great and some of the images have been just as great, I look forward to seeing many more over this coming year so great job to all.
100% agree with this :)

I do agree the first week has been great and some of the images have been just as great, I look forward to seeing many more over this coming year so great job to all.

I agree also! Loads of great shots, tried to comment on as many as I can but lost track slightly. Going to be good looking back through it later in the year.

I agree also! Loads of great shots, tried to comment on as many as I can but lost track slightly. Going to be good looking back through it later in the year.

I don`t think putting a comment on everyone`s images, I tried that on my first year but gave up. I do try to comment on what I like or don`t like and hope it helps members.

34 35 36 37posts in week 1 (out of 52 entrants) and still time for a few more posts to be made before the new theme tomorrow.
A pretty good percentage starting - on par with previous years.

It's nice to see the discussion thread active too :)

Onwards and Upwards!

Last edited:
I've tried to make a few comments but I'm having the week from hell at work this week leaving me in a very poor state of mind by the time I get home. Looks like I might be needing a new job imminently. Thank whatsit for photography to keep me sane (even if TP is slightly in-sane sometimes!)

I've tried to make a few comments but I'm having the week from hell at work this week leaving me in a very poor state of mind by the time I get home. Looks like I might be needing a new job imminently. Thank whatsit for photography to keep me sane (even if TP is slightly in-sane sometimes!)

Only Sightly? Nah, stark raving we are.
Wibble!

Finally got round to doing Week 1. Took me a while but i'm reasonably happy with it.

Thursday Thursday Rah! Rah! Rah! :banana::clap::naughty:

Bring on week 2.

Well thats week one in the bag, I can now start to worry about whats coming next, worry about how to intemperate the theme then worry about how i am going to take the photo. Did i mention i am slightly concerned. :runaway::thinking:

@Cobra Hi Chris I think the Linky advice you put up has changed now the forum upgrade has been done. I find when I do it now it is, Right click on the #number and Copy Link Address, even though the BBcode does not show up the rest is still the same as the old forum use to do it.

It will be impossible to comment on all posts, we need some sort of plan so the comments are spead out evenly as possible. Any Ideas. I also came unstuck with the new boards software and trying to post images. Thanks to Dave for doing that for me this week.

Oh and its THURSDAY again.

Pete

When you want to Link to a Flickr Image, do you Click on Insert Image (The landscape in a Box Icon), then select the Chain Icon (at the top) in the little box which appears and then post the bb-code. I missed that on my first failed attempt.

When you want to Link to a Flickr Image, do you Click on Insert Image (The landscape in a Box Icon), then select the Chain Icon (at the top) in the little box which appears and then post the bb-code. I missed that on my first failed attempt.

This is the way I do it using my Flickr.
Open three tabs, 1st is My thread 2nd is a my Flickr tab and 3rd is Main thread for images with name of the theme.
On the Flickr tab that will now be my Flickr so log in and copy the image as normal and share it in my thread,
then click on the #number and click Copy Link Address, go to the main thread write Linky then highlight and then click on the single chain and paste, then knock down a bit of space and put your image from Flickr and share :)

Last edited:
Lots of entrants adding the week 1 images. Boy, this feels good to be one of those. I remember the dizzy heights of last year and plodding along nicely.....

Until, week 12 :coat:

Going to give it a good shot this year. Loving what i've seen from others so far - lots of really clever shots. It's not until you see others work, and also read the critiques of your own, that it makes you think that you should have all these things going through your head when the camera's in your hand.

Time will tell ;)

Lots of entrants adding the week 1 images. Boy, this feels good to be one of those. I remember the dizzy heights of last year and plodding along nicely.....

Until, week 12 :coat:

Going to give it a good shot this year. Loving what i've seen from others so far - lots of really clever shots. It's not until you see others work, and also read the critiques of your own, that it makes you think that you should have all these things going through your head when the camera's in your hand.

Time will tell ;)
#1 come up with an idea for the theme
#2 think about idea for two days
#3 dismiss idea
#4 think of new idea
#5 look at post your images thread, see your second idea has been done by someone else
#6 start to panic that you won't think of anything else
#7 another idea pops into your head
#8 refer back to #2
#9 take photo
#10 relax
That's about how my 52 goes ;)

#1 come up with an idea for the theme
#2 think about idea for two days
#3 dismiss idea
#4 think of new idea
#5 look at post your images thread, see your second idea has been done by someone else
#6 start to panic that you won't think of anything else
#7 another idea pops into your head
#8 refer back to #2
#9 take photo
#10 relax
That's about how my 52 goes ;)

Ha ha - That just about covers most of the entrants :)

It will be impossible to comment on all posts, we need some sort of plan so the comments are spead out evenly as possible. Any Ideas. I also came unstuck with the new boards software and trying to post images. Thanks to Dave for doing that for me this week.

Pete
I tend to comment on the threads with the least number of posts first.
Always comment on at least two, though try for more.
I always thought it would be easier to comment via Flickr, that way you can see exactly which photos have comments and which don't each week.

Commenting on all posts is difficult but doable and I hope I can manage that. Having said that, I may miss one or two, or simply not be able to add anything to comments already made. Apologies in advance.[emoji4]

Pete
Lack of commitment Pete ;)
I've managed a comment on every post this year, and commented on everything last year except bug shots. :)

I don't think we should mandate who to comment on other than... Do what you can / want, don't make it a chore.

Lack of commitment Pete ;)
I've managed a comment on every post this year, and commented on everything last year except bug shots. :)

I don't think we should mandate who to comment on other than... Do what you can / want, don't make it a chore.
I agree.

I tend to comment on the threads with the least number of posts first.

I liked what robj20 said, as a starter, I will comment on as many as possible and some will drop out But I think I will like other comments which concur with what I feel rather than duplicating them.

I have set up a spreadsheet to track who I have commented on, so will have a record and try and even it out if it gets too much.

Pete

@Cobra Hi Chris I think the Linky advice you put up has changed now the forum upgrade has been done. I .
Cheers Dave I'll update it when I get a minute,
It will be impossible to comment on all posts, we need some sort of plan
Pete
As per the guidelines, if nothing else at least j try and reciprocate comments (y)
DoNot use the landscape icon, just copy and paste the BB code straight from flickr directly into the thread.
Check This Out :)

What's under the tree?
Pine needles thousands of them :D

Friday eve :woot:

Back