weekly Turbo-G's 2019 52 challenge - COMPLETE!

Young - bang on. Nice and crisp and works perfectly

Food - I really like this. Simple but effective ad good dof

Smooth - what's not to like about the smooth lines of a car

Hi Grant,

Wet - Nice moody view from the north bank across the Thames. Were you on one of the boats (floating pubs)?
Free - Very elegant looking moggy, his look seems to say "I know I'm the boss here, what do you think you are doing my human slave".
Entrance - Nice composition. I think I may have tried bringing up the shadows under the trees (or did you try that and it not work?)
Young - Lol, that's a great fun shot. Is that one of Clarkson's 'sports trains' in his left hand?
Food - Marshmallow M&Ms... Not heard of them before! Loving the variesty of colour and vibrant look to the image.
Smooth - Hmmm, XT3, Ford Mustang, someone is paying you too much ;) Nice Motor

Both FOOD and SMOOTH work well. Food is just a splash of colours which I like. Kind of abstract, but ticking boxes. Smooth - yes, totally. And a nice contrast with the rough textures surrounding it.

And you are well above. I am always fascinated to see things from a plane - even field boundaries are interesting and your motorway cross is right in the middle - bit like a Celtic cross lying down. Well spotted.

Great use of the theme Grant, I think you timed it perfectly with the roads converging to the centre, I might have taken the wing out in post but that's just being pedantic! Great image!

Every good image should invoke an emotion - and this one makes me want to run for the hills - where there are no people!! For once I am happy to live in a small village in Scotland! Good shot!

Food - I could tuck into all of that! Like the mixture of colours and the ruffled wrappers. Nice composition.
Smooth - Nice smooth lines of the car, like the lighting and shadows.
Above - Great perspective, nice use of the window to frame the motorways.
Hot - Nice crowd shot, lighting is good. Did anyone pay much attention to you taking this one?

A great shot for Hot Grant, you've gotten a real vintage feel out of it which is great, genuinely thought it was a film camera at first! nice one!

That sums up hot nicely Grant. Well taken. Loads of interest to it and it's helped nicely by the building in the background for extra interest

ABOVE works well. As you say, the positioning of the motorways adds interest.
HOT - Yes, well, this is what happens when the sun comes out!! You have captured the theme perfectly here. You were spotted though - the guy in the red shirt and perhaps one or two others!!

What a beautiful sky. And a beautiful shot. Love it. (Although I think I would have removed that telegraph pole!).

What a beautiful sky. And a beautiful shot. Love it. (Although I think I would have removed that telegraph pole!).
Thanks - I’m still here so can only do light edits on lightroom on my phone. I may remove it once I have seen it on a big screen...

We had some fish and chips with this view also, amazing light.

Simply breathtaking scene Grant!
Achingly beautiful light, and that sky....wow! Exceedingly well captured.
I love the patterns of light on the surface of the water, and the mountains in the distance give such a terrific sense of scale.
Brilliant!:clap:

Lovely light and colours captured in this Grant, lovely view! Great stuff!

Wonderful photos Grant, they are both great. Lovely light and colours in the first one and the second works really well with the lone couple walking along the beach. Good stuff!

I like both of these Grant. The light one is such a lovely moody evening image. Great colours to the sky. Bet it was lovely sitting up there with your fish and chips watching the sun go down.

I love the crowd image too. Good take on theme and a vast expanse of open beach, rocks and hills, and just the two people getting lost in their beautiful surroundings

Fab crowd (not) shot.

Of course one of them should be wearing a red jacket :D

Back