weebleswobble TP52 - Week 39 Bent

Structure: Definitely #1 for me. the fact that you've got the two figures in the arches is great.
Routine is also great work

Nice work and bang on theme (y)

Not looking forward to when my kids have homework like this!

Like the narrow DOF, would maybe have preferred the focus just a little further to the front but overall a good shot.

Great shot, great DOF and nicely composed.
This weeks winner for me.

Week 10 - Attractive

Caught my daughter before she went out tonight.

I don't normally take portraits and had limited time (as her friends were about to arrive), but any suggestions re lighting and composure etc are appreciated.

Social Media-3480.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely portrait, nice light and very sharp. I'm not a portraiture expert, but the one thing I notice is that you can see you daughter's shadow on her right, which I find slightly distracting.

Numbers takes me back to school and college....nooooooooooo. Nice simple shot.

I used to use my daughter when she was at home, with a little bribery. I'm not a natural portrait photographer. It's a very nice opportune shot of her, she has great eyes.

(y)

Hi Donna,
In my view that is a really nicely done beauty shot.
Smooth skin, interesting lighting of the background, eye contact.
The only suggestion I could possibly make is to see if you can make her laugh / crack a smile as she looks quite serous.
Works well without that though, so it's only a suggestion of something to try.

Great shot I like the colour tones and the lighting only thing to improve it would be a smile maybe.

its a great portrait Donna, and agree with most comments above, for me its the extreme bright spot in top left to the darkening middle and the orange on the right that doesn't feel right..BUT...i'm not expert and my portraits go against the grain, so just keep on experimenting as i think you're on the right track (y)

What I know about portrait photography you could right on a postage stamp, but for what its worth I really like the shot, I like the lighting on the background, the slight gloss on her lips and the way her eyes make contact with you.

Week 11 - Dark
Couldn't decide between these 3 pictures. I took the one of dark chocolates at work today (believe me, they are delicious salted caramel!), then I took one of my son, and while my daughter was there also, I got one of her too.

Social Media-3587-2.jpg Social Media-3589.jpg Social Media-3548.jpg

Dark, please don`t take this the wrong way Donna, the shots of your son and daughter are just great as they look really scary with how they are looking at the camera, so very well done on two cracking shots :plus1::plus1::plus1:

Ha ha, they are very scary (joke)! Once put on social media I thought the photos were a little flat, might play with them again. Thanks for comments

My first thought with dark is chocolate, they look delicious, but for the theme I like the the ones of your son and daughter, I think the positioning of your son is spot on ...with the one of your daughter I think maybe either a little more light on the face or a right side crop.

like the chocolate, but would rather see the nearest one in focus instead of third row back.

Fun portraits ... they do look a bit flat, but I can understand it's for the theme. The brightened up one looks better. (y)

Week 12 - Power
As you can see, I am seizing the opportunity to photograph my kids as it is normally very rare they 'let' me. So this week on the obligatory annual Mother's Day walk I captured this - exerting sibling power
It is funny what they will do when you ask them to pose for a photoSocial Media-3658.jpg

PS - sorry another one of my daughter without a smile, but truly, she does have a lovely smile. The posed photo is lovely and natural (but I'm not allowed to post that one)

Fantastic shots Donna, It's difficult to pick a favourite, however I think Atrractive just about edges it. Great colours, composition.

The edit of the first Dark image works really well as does the shallow DOF on the chocolates. The first 2 Dark images were a little too dark for my taste.

Power - love the feel and processing on this, well done on the use of negative space, Its screaming to be used for a marketing campaign (maybe domestic violence ;) (y)

Dark, I prefer the first on of you son, just dark enough, the re-edit I think you have put too much space above his head so his eyes are in the middle of the image.

Power, great family shot, is this a crop or do you have a wider version?

(y)

Great PoV for power, negative space, crop and B&W work very well! And they don't look as if they were posing :)

Back