What car do you drive?

I'd so love to buy a Mazda 3 MPS, a friend of mine owned one a few yrs ago and I couldn't believe the power of it, something like 252bhp, stealth mode.

:)

I know this shouldn't really a big issue on the grand scheme of things but the tax on that car is a real turn off for me...

Bmw 318 ci... Very impractical car that has more leaks than a grocery shop, but handles dreamily and love the power at high and low revs from the VANOS.

Since today this nice little number :) We decided to downsize and it is absolutely awesome. Done 37 miles in it already.

IMG_0120.JPG IMG_0122.JPG

I still absolutely love my C30 T5. Done 500 miles in the last 7 days in it, not cheap but those miles absolutely flew by, it is such a easy cruiser.

Not driving it yet. Just done the deal this morning. It is waiting on a PDI and valet.
Just couldn't resist. Got a very good deal and a good trade in price on my ST.(y)

The above isn't the actual car, mine is right hand drive and different seats. (y)

Recently swapped my Skoda Yeti (fabulous car) for a Skoda Kodiaq.

We have two Yeti's, fabulous cars ......... but NOT considering the Kodiaq ....... sad that they have discontinued the Yeti ..... or Yeti concept

We have two Yeti's, fabulous cars ......... but NOT considering the Kodiaq ....... sad that they have discontinued the Yeti ..... or Yeti concept
The Kodiaq doesn't in my book replace the Yeti. It's a different car (obviously!). The Yeti replacement will be the Karoq, but I don't do waiting! I never had an ounce of trouble with the Yeti and I trust the Kodiaq will continue in this vein.

The Kodiaq doesn't in my book replace the Yeti. It's a different car (obviously!). The Yeti replacement will be the Karoq, but I don't do waiting! I never had an ounce of trouble with the Yeti and I trust the Kodiaq will continue in this vein.

I mean't the Yeti replacement, so my comments relate to the Karoq ................ no Yeti, I'll go back to a small Estate

Not driving it yet. Just done the deal this morning. It is waiting on a PDI and valet.
Just couldn't resist. Got a very good deal and a good trade in price on my ST.(y)

The above isn't the actual car, mine is right hand drive and different seats. (y)

I saw that and my immediate thought was Darth Vader and Star Wars

30584338145_1f757f3bcd_b_d.jpg

Just picked this up this afternoon, it's a 2010 3.0 TDV6, really looking forward to getting out and about in it as really not done all that much of late as I've had a car that seems to be having a love affair with the local mechanics :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

At last, a proper car! Enjoy it, that 3.0l engine is a beauty..

Cheers Tom, and 10-11 months down the line I have to say I love it, as you say the engine is really something special plenty of power and a respectable MPG too I really couldn't be happier with the car

Cheers Tom, and 10-11 months down the line I have to say I love it, as you say the engine is really something special plenty of power and a respectable MPG too I really couldn't be happier with the car

It's a monster of an engine, You don't appreciate the physical size of it until you see it sitting on a pallet.

It's a monster of an engine, You don't appreciate the physical size of it until you see it sitting on a pallet.

I can imagine just from the size of the front of car :eek: as it stands the only cause I've had to open the bonnet is to fill the screen wash and to jump start other cars, which I've had to do a few times this year but it sure is a big old block

Citroen C1 ATM. Manual and a left hooker to boot! Quite enjoying it TBH - it's big enough to lug us to the beach and up through the mountains at the local limits as well as being small enough to squeeze through the gaps that the taxis and coaches like to leave you. Have to admit that a bit more oomph could be handy on occasion though!

I can imagine just from the size of the front of car :eek: as it stands the only cause I've had to open the bonnet is to fill the screen wash and to jump start other cars, which I've had to do a few times this year but it sure is a big old block
I had one of these, HSE 3.0 bi turbo. Drove down a 200 ft cliff in Cornwall after floods a few years back. It was awesome, up and down.

I had one of these, HSE 3.0 bi turbo. Drove down a 200 ft cliff in Cornwall after floods a few years back. It was awesome, up and down.

I've not been quite so adventurous with mine but I have to agree it is awesome :D

Just put a deposit down on a 2010 Ford Transit, AWD version. Surprisingly with a GVW of 3300kg and GTW of 5300kg there's only 2000kg trailer limt on it, confirmed by the V5C (same as my 30 year old VW camper that can't pull the skin off a rice pudding), but enough for my needs. Finished in a delightful shade of blue, because it is ex-British Gas. Should have it in a week or so. There's a load of ex-BG vans to the same spec on ebay and this one was 10 miles up the road and in line with the prices of the others, so I turned up and bought it pretty much straight away. Should fly along with a stonking 140bhp from its 2.4l turbo diesel. Not.

The dealer is taking my fabulously unreliable Audi A6 in p/x, even after I listed everything that is wrong with it in great detail :LOL: (absolutely no point in telling lies IMO). tbh I think I should have paid them to take it away! I know I could have got more for it on ebay, even with all its faults, but I just couldn't be bothered with the aggro of dealing with the tyre kickers for perhaps and extra 700 quid to a grand.

Something small and economical[emoji23] excuse the crappy pic

Having just been made redundant I had to go and buy a car so treated myself to a dirt cheap truck[emoji106]

20170918_133751.jpg

We have 2 cars, a 3 year old Corsa SXi, 1.3 diesel, will top 72 mpg and nippy too. I recently had an acident in our 2nd car in Glencoe and it got written off, a Ford Focus CMax and recently replaced it with a Renault Twingo GT. The Twingo is a pocket rocket, goes a bit like this. :exit:

IMGL0122 CS6 JP tp web.jpg

Just realised I never actually posted a photo of my car after I took delivery and previously used a picture of a similar car.

full

This next one I like to call RS Corner and can be found in one of the many carparks at work. :)
full

I bought a Mazda 3 sport. 2.2d a few months ago.

Lovely, comfortable and has more extras than I've ever had in a car.

I just can't get used to the clutch in 1st and second gear, impossible to drive smoothly! When test driving it I thought it was just because I wasn't used to the car but still can't get the hang of it. My other half says she struggles badly with it too. Need to find another car, same model to try out and see if it's the same.

Weird - we have the same engine in our Mazda 6 Tourer SportsNav. Brilliant engine, lazy to drive, pulls easily from 1.5K revs so I'm rarely in 1st or second, however crawling in traffic in the mornings it seems fine. The clutch is realy light as well so combined with the torque it's a dream

And yet strangely is the worse of the cars in that photo :D

Update on my brilliant ZZR1200, is that it's no more as of 1st June. New mum wasn't thinking, changed lanes suddenly without looking, driving straight into me. Flipped me off, bike hit the kerb, a lamppost before finishing on the traffic island with the entire left side ripped off. She still denying any liability despite a police report saying she changed lanes and knocked me off. Still not settled as the same insurance company onsures both drivers and they are doing all they can to drag their feet.
I've started the complaint process now so it all has to be resolved in 8 weeks.
It had 91k miles on it, 14 years old of which I had it for 11 and did 83k miles on it. It was still good looking, going strongly,mechanically perfect and had a lot of new parts on it, but of course to the insurance is worth nothing (we knock £25 per 1000 miles off). It appears they expect bikes to do 3k miles a year
166429814.jpg

I have the original invoice for my car, 16th May 1997 at a cost of £41946.25

I don't have the invoice, but I have a full service history 89 Merc 300SE haha

First service 1375 miles, last one in 2012 at 52k..! Needs one soon, it's been sat a while..

Time to bring this thread down to earth again, ime past the need for speed and style just want cheap reliable transport ( my first one of these was during my 4 years ownership) under well under £9000 with a 5 year warranty

DSC_8275.jpg

Can't decide. At the moment debating Rolls vs Bentley but really not sure. Im sure it must be top of the line so I can evolve and take my driving to the next level.
Double clutch is mandatory, a no brainer really. I also need AWD and good ground clearence in case I need to go off road and agility and good handling for comuting and parking in small spaces.
Speed off cource, mostly acceleration 0-100 km/h in less than 4sec and a minimum of 260km/h on top and plenty of room in the boot, maybe an estate? I think i need a compressor version, not really into turbo chargers, and offcource there is no substitute for cubes
:D
Im driving a Skoda Octavia 1,4 TSI from 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
Back