weekly WMD's 52 for 2016 - Weeks 43, 44, 45 & 46 all added!

Thanks everyone! I swear there's no editing of the sparks on this one - only edits were cropping, and a little dodge/burn. I was very surprised at what actually comes out of these things when you strike them!
Struggling somewhat with the topical theme, but should have some ideas by the weekend - always seem to be playing catch up with these! Hehe :thinking:

Hi Matt, such a cool image for dangerous, must have been difficult to capture like you said.

Dangerous nice take on the theme I do like the little sparkles of light well captured.(y)

I've kinda struggled a bit with this week's theme (Topical) - but had a moment of inspiration when the missus arrived home from work. She is a consultant and as such has been closely following the whole junior doctors contract / strikes that's been all over the news recently. So it seemed appropriate to focus my efforts for this week there - even with a bit of Lego thrown in too.

8/52 - I Support Junior Doctors! (Topical) by Matt, on Flickr

Went out with the camera today and I've managed to take some shot(s) for 'Living World' - so I'll update in the coming days when I pick which one! (y)

Hey! that's an excellent interpretation Matt. Like the composition and both the POV and DoF are great. :clap:

Reactions: WMD
i love the sparkle in danger

I agree doctors contracts are very topical, it is the theme i want for my shot but i am struglying to get an actual picture which given im surrounded by docotrs it wouldnt be that difficult!! Love the lego take on the subject, nicely done :)

Abandoned - really nice processing (prefer the B&W) and fits the theme perfectly - very nice

Camo - great ! Well taken and definitely camouflaged !

Dangerous - Well done - really like this and can imagine it took some capturing - the sparks look wonderful

Topical - nice interpretation, clear representation of the theme and well taken - nice !

Nice one for the theme. Real shallow DOF that works well.

Perfect for the theme, the colours stand out very well against that background and the expression on the face is perfect. I like the added touch of the torn contract.

Danger - great shot I love the sparks
topical - definitely topical good choice for the theme

The Living World -
9/52 - The Living World by Matt, on Flickr

So not too happy with most of the shots I took last weekend for Living World - not sure if it's a camera / lens issue, but they're pretty soft / out of focus. I think I had a more fitting shot, but decided against posting as it's really quite soft! :confused:
Anyway, will investigate more in week 10!

Well if there is a softness it certainly suits this subject Matt - a beautiful image. Nice to see early blossom - signs of Spring (hopefully). :clap:

I agree with Carl, Matt, yes it does look a tad soft, but it certainly works (y)

Love the lego Topical. Very well shot.

Yes, the blosson is a tad soft, but it's a very pretty image nonetheless.

Nice shot Matt, perfect for the Living World theme, what's not to like

Thanks guys - really annoying as I'd lined up a few interesting shots for the theme, and they were ALL soft! Have had a play with the camera and seems to be OK, so I don't really know what the deal was. Anyway - will catch up with everyone else's threads later today and think about this weeks theme too.

I like the softness of the image for Living World really suits the subject for me

Great shot for 'topical' and very much in the news at the moment.
Beautiful capture of the blossom - I agree with all comments regards softness, it really works for this shot.

That's a lovely shot of the blossom, especially like the white blossom against the light background.

Now this is something I wasn't so sure about ... hmmm maybe I should be liking that more. o_O

So after my issues last week with softness (still not quite sussed out why!), I decided to take my backup camera (Fuji X100s) out for a spin.
I'd been waiting all week for the right conditions to take this shot and tonight did not disappoint - a stunning sunset in Chester this evening.

Hopefully you'll agree it fits the theme and not too much of a shoe-in!

10/52 - Spiky by Matt, on Flickr

Will catch up with everyone else's threads during the week!

Although personally I'd prefer to lose the wires, its a cracking sky, spiky tower, and a crescent moon, all fits in nicely, (y)

Fits the theme and more Matt. Beautiful colours and great composition with that moon. :clap:

Although personally I'd prefer to lose the wires, its a cracking sky, spiky tower, and a crescent moon, all fits in nicely, (y)
Thanks Cobra - I did contemplate cloning them out, but I actually quite liked them in there in the end! Plus, it would've been a bit of work to get them out! (lazy!)

Fits the theme and more Matt. Beautiful colours and great composition with that moon. :clap:
Thanks Carl - I fully admit to being lucky with the sunset and then the moon showed up too - I couldn't resist! :)

Nice and spiky, great colours and I don't mind the wires.
However, the church does have a perspective issue which should perhaps have been edited out (in the same way I needed to edit my initial spiky shot of the palm & station).

Back