weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

funny...I could've sworn you said...Nope, thats me done this week :LOL:

Great pp , not gonna crit as not something I could've done....I'm just waiting for 3rd one :p

Me too Lynne, I could've sworn he said that too :LOL:
It's an affliction with that boy :LOL:

"My name's Andy and I am addicted to multiple entries to my 52" ;)

Well, here's my Wild.

Maybe a bit of a shoehorn here, but this guy was up in the tree, wind blowing, snow covered tree and he was just fearless. Now I know he was strapped in, but all the same..eeekk.

Not overly happy. Bit of a grab shot when on my way out with Isabelle.

Anyway, here you go.

Cheers.

Week 4 Wild by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Nice idea to put the three shot in Andy ;) Few gaps in the frame and differing thicknesses at various points.... lower right shots looks like he's been squashed a bit(?) maybe in resizing for the frame (or is it perspective(?))

Other two are great for "grab shots" - top right works really well if you could get the sky from the left one back..

Nice idea to put the three shot in Andy ;) Few gaps in the frame and differing thicknesses at various points.... lower right shots looks like he's been squashed a bit(?) maybe in resizing for the frame (or is it perspective(?))

Other two are great for "grab shots" - top right works really well if you could get the sky from the left one back..

Hi all valid points. This one is a definate for a reshoot.

Cheers.

Well I have to say I like it and think it works very well. Having the two trunks in the RHS shots in line seems to make logical sense. There's lots of nice leading lines linking the 3 shots together. Not sure of the time sequence though? I think maybe the two RHS shots were taken before the main one (which has fewer branches on the RHS) and that feels a bit... odd. Nice range of mono tones, too. Yes!

I think you were right to do it as a triptych it adds a bit more interest, agree with overbez about the sky.

alsjazzera said:
I think you were right to do it as a triptych it adds a bit more interest, agree with overbez about the sky.

Cheers, yeah, I'm not overly happy and hopefully I'll be able to photograph a better one on the TP meet.

ChrisR said:
Well I have to say I like it and think it works very well. Having the two trunks in the RHS shots in line seems to make logical sense. There's lots of nice leading lines linking the 3 shots together. Not sure of the time sequence though? I think maybe the two RHS shots were taken before the main one (which has fewer branches on the RHS) and that feels a bit... odd. Nice range of mono tones, too. Yes!

Thanks, Chris and you have a keen eye.

I'll come clean about an aspect of this photograph in a day or two :)

Cheers.

Thats a bit of a beast of a tree, i like the three images put together! Only crit for me is that white line across the top of the largest image is a bit of a distraction! Is it an aircraft trail or something! I think your shot says wild rather well though!

I really like it, good use of framing and anyone up a tree in this weather in a t shirt definitely should be in the Wild category :LOL: (y)

the missing rope:thinking: could that be the thing you will come clean about

Last edited:
Hi Andy

I think that this is an excellent idea for wild. I like the LH frame best and could do without the other 2. If the LH was tidied by removing wall/ post and aerial, the scale of it makes more of the point of wild whereas the other 2 seem too close so not sure how high up the bloke is.

Some strange things happening tho. where is the rope from the bloke on the LH shot and the branch that it is attached to? The LH shot looks to be the same as the top RH but there is lots of timber missing. And in the bottom RH the bloke looks as if he has been stuck on (together with the trunk he is on) in front of the tree at a different scale. :thinking:

hes definitely wild letting that chainsaw swing around like that!

My only crit would be that if hes cutting the tree, hes almost taming it, meaning it hasnt been left to 'run/grow wild' sort of thing.

Technically the pics are taken well, and i think i agree that the bottom right looks a little squashed in...

Hi Andy. Nice merged images,

Did you use the lightroom print layout options that was recommended last week?

Hi Andy, a few weeks behind here!

Gravity made me laugh, both of them. The 1st one is a straight A for originality! Lovely black background against the white jug. Number two just had me picturing you running around acting odd in the garden, again! Your neighbours must be very well entertained :LOL: Excellent PP skills though :clap:

Wild or lunacy? I think the chain saw wafting around & the size of the tree really add to the theme but definitely a shoe horned effort! The contrail in the top left shot does draw my eye quite a bit though.

I hope you had a good meet this weekend. I'm disappointed I couldn't make it :(

the missing rope:thinking: could that be the thing you will come clean about

See below. (y)

Hi Andy

I think that this is an excellent idea for wild. I like the LH frame best and could do without the other 2. If the LH was tidied by removing wall/ post and aerial, the scale of it makes more of the point of wild whereas the other 2 seem too close so not sure how high up the bloke is.

Some strange things happening tho. where is the rope from the bloke on the LH shot and the branch that it is attached to? The LH shot looks to be the same as the top RH but there is lots of timber missing. And in the bottom RH the bloke looks as if he has been stuck on (together with the trunk he is on) in front of the tree at a different scale. :thinking:

Yeah, I was away a few days so had to produce a quicker photograph than i liked. All the flaws you mention I can now see.

Appreciate the detailed feedback.

hes definitely wild letting that chainsaw swing around like that!

My only crit would be that if hes cutting the tree, hes almost taming it, meaning it hasnt been left to 'run/grow wild' sort of thing.

Technically the pics are taken well, and i think i agree that the bottom right looks a little squashed in...

Thanks and thanks for the tree cutting crit ;)

Hi Andy. Nice merged images,

Did you use the lightroom print layout options that was recommended last week?

I didn't. Maybe that's why the lower right is a bit squashed. Migth have to look into the print payout (y)

Wild: Looks like there has been a bit of cloning and a rope missed out somehow but I like the set, they go well together with the overall scene and sky detail and the close(r) ups

Yup, a lot more cloning than I usually do.

Hi Andy, a few weeks behind here!

Gravity made me laugh, both of them. The 1st one is a straight A for originality! Lovely black background against the white jug. Number two just had me picturing you running around acting odd in the garden, again! Your neighbours must be very well entertained :LOL: Excellent PP skills though :clap:

Wild or lunacy? I think the chain saw wafting around & the size of the tree really add to the theme but definitely a shoe horned effort! The contrail in the top left shot does draw my eye quite a bit though.

I hope you had a good meet this weekend. I'm disappointed I couldn't make it :(

Appreciate the feedback.

We had a great meet. Check out the photograph thread here < clicky linky

I know the feeling with missing something in camera! Nice shot though - Well lit and very sharp!

You have to explain why you have that "space" :D

Hi ya matey

Wild...think all's been said so I'll say nothing ...except he does look a trifle squished in the lower rh shot :eek:

Space....now thats a novel take on the theme....well cloned out , good detail in your hand...possibly a bit ( only a smidge) over satureated near the finger/thumb tips ?...it's giving the heebie jeebies the more I look at it :LOL:

nice idea i take it you have cloned it out and its not a bizarre accident or you have had it removed just for the pic :D

I am not sure about this one Andy if I am being honest :(
It is evenly lit, well exposed and focus bang on but i am just not sure :thinking:
I can't put my finger on it (haha, see what I did there?) :coat:
The cloning seems a little too precise, particularly around your arm, specifically the hairs on your arm.
Its a creative take on the theme all the same. Apologies if that seems harsh, its certainly not intended. Iain

:thinking:, hmmmm, I can see where you were going, and it's very, very close to working.... But I'm not completely sure why only 'very close'.

It doesn't quite look 'real', which of course it isn't (I hope), maybe the cut across the finger is too precise, the great detail you've got in the lines on the fingers and hands just stops. Has the whole hand been cut out from it's original background?

Saying that, it works well as a quick glance, but the (excellent) details and the lighting invites me to look closer to see what you've done. But I honestly can't say what you could have done to address those points. So, I'll leave with a good job, well done, :clap:

Hope I've not expressed that too clumsily. :bonk:

Hi Andy

A weekend in the Malverns and you come back like this:thinking:

Mixed reviews which I tend to go along with. The lighting and details are so good that the most minue points come out. I think that my main reservation is that the cut is so clean, as mentioned by Graham.

But creative thinking (y)

I know the feeling with missing something in camera! Nice shot though - Well lit and very sharp!

You have to explain why you have that "space" :D

Photoshop was my friend :D

Hi ya matey

Wild...think all's been said so I'll say nothing ...except he does look a trifle squished in the lower rh shot :eek:

Space....now thats a novel take on the theme....well cloned out , good detail in your hand...possibly a bit ( only a smidge) over satureated near the finger/thumb tips ?...it's giving the heebie jeebies the more I look at it :LOL:

It feels very weird when I look at my hand missing a digit :D

I do intend to have another edit based on feedback, especially the hairs which I know I can do better :(

nice idea i take it you have cloned it out and its not a bizarre accident or you have had it removed just for the pic :D

Anything for a good photograph :D

I am not sure about this one Andy if I am being honest :(
It is evenly lit, well exposed and focus bang on but i am just not sure :thinking:
I can't put my finger on it (haha, see what I did there?) :coat:
The cloning seems a little too precise, particularly around your arm, specifically the hairs on your arm.
Its a creative take on the theme all the same. Apologies if that seems harsh, its certainly not intended. Iain

Not harsh at all, Iain, I agree about the hairs and was doing quite in PS but I need more practice with masking (y)

Very clever :clap:

Thanks...(y)

I'm wondering where you may have left it :D

Nice thought Andy, liking the crop and a good even background (y)

Left it, well, I've checked my nose and its not there. I'm not checking any where else :nuts:

:thinking:, hmmmm, I can see where you were going, and it's very, very close to working.... But I'm not completely sure why only 'very close'.

It doesn't quite look 'real', which of course it isn't (I hope), maybe the cut across the finger is too precise, the great detail you've got in the lines on the fingers and hands just stops. Has the whole hand been cut out from it's original background?

Saying that, it works well as a quick glance, but the (excellent) details and the lighting invites me to look closer to see what you've done. But I honestly can't say what you could have done to address those points. So, I'll leave with a good job, well done, :clap:

Hope I've not expressed that too clumsily. :bonk:

Really appreciate he detailed feedback. I see what you are saying and I might have a Google image search for inspiration and produce another edit (y)

Nice idea :)

:D

Good idea well done maybe but definitely would not categorise this one as nice :)

The missing hairs look a bit strange where they come to such an abrupt stop but it certainly fits the theme of empty space

Yeah, I agree about the hairs. It was a bit lazy of me and CS5 should be able to sort this out. Or, I could just shave my whole arm :nono:

Cheers.

Hi Andy

A weekend in the Malverns and you come back like this:thinking:

Mixed reviews which I tend to go along with. The lighting and details are so good that the most minue points come out. I think that my main reservation is that the cut is so clean, as mentioned by Graham.

But creative thinking (y)

It was that Mark wot did it :D

I am quite happy with the liking and used a mixture of fill flash and natural lighting to ensure detail in the finger prints.

Thanks all, really appreciate the feedback.

Andy very original take on the theme, think it looks a bit overdone in PS where the missing finger is but good colour and clever! I don't have the PS expertise to adjust it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back