2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

Still need to take this weeks Photo still to take and struggling to work through commenting on all the photos, so so many !

Im in, will create my thread after work :)
Welcome Kieran (y)

Ok I've fallen behide on this thread let alone each individual taking part!
If I get any free time to read bk through them I will, sorry if it seems rude.
It does get easier as the weeks pass and some drop out.... well sort of gets better :D

Just try and get to a couple a night or something if you can, it helps no end getting people visit your thread even every now and then (y)

Last edited:
Still need to take this weeks Photo still to take and struggling to work through commenting on all the photos, so so many !
Don't let that stress you out :)

As above, get your shot done, and if you can comment on just a couple a night you will soon get around to people (y)

Drum Roll please . . .

. . . Ta Dah !!!

The first theme for 2014 has now been drawn.

Apologies Sarah for not replying sooner. Thanks for putting the theme up on Friday evening. It certainly started our thought process off in readiness for the weekend.(y)

I'm knackered now though. I've just spent the evening commenting on just short of 70 images. A great start for the challenge from everyone.

I'm knackered now though. I've just spent the evening commenting on just short of 70 images. A great start for the challenge from everyone.

Nice work, Peter. I'm up-to-date with comments and as you say it isn't easy, but I do feel it's important to give feedback. It does get easier, though, as people drop out....shame as it is.

Cheers all.

[quote="Dark Knight, post: 6031400, member: 10305"

]... loonesy .... :runaway:

Is that the East Anglian spelling?:exit:
Hahaaaaaa that's an Iam shattered and should bee ind bed speelling... and yeah looks write two mee :D

Not sure I'm going to do this years 52 - I've not had a chance to finish 2013 yet!! :(
I'll stick around and keep an eye on the threads though! ;)

Need a lines/linear photo for this week. 2 days off from tomorrow off to Liverpool (fingers crossed) should hopefully get something as I have as the great sage Baldrick would say a 'Cunning Plan, So cunning you could brush your teeth with it!'
If I havn't got around to commenting on your pictures guys and gals 'SORRY' nothing personal I will try my best. But there are lots of them and little time!

guys and gals

do you have a decent way of working out what you have / have not commented on each week cos i get all confuzzled

and the biggest problem with a 52 when your on the ball a week is to long to wait when your running behind a week is not enough :(

guys and gals

do you have a decent way of working out what you have / have not commented on each week cos i get all confuzzled

and the biggest problem with a 52 when your on the ball a week is to long to wait when your running behind a week is not enough :(

I think I've commented on eveyone's line photo now - I mostly did it by going down the photos in the sticky no commenting thread ;)

guys and gals

I just use a copy of Dark Knight's spreadsheet and mark off which one I've done as I go along. Back in 2012 I commented on just under 1600 images !!!!

I've got through most of this weeks submitted images... I'll need that spread sheet to keep track !

Lots of great images :clap: and it always is a surprise to see what everyone makes of a theme, the moment it is announced my mind goes completely blank !

1600... that's nuts :runaway:

I have changed my tactics for this year, I used to subscribe to all threads but that was a nightmare, so I then tried following as they were posted but lost track - so now I open a new tab for each new photo posted on the photo thread and don't close it until I comment and tick the spreadsheet - two birds with one stone :D

1600... that's nuts :runaway:

I have changed my tactics for this year, I used to subscribe to all threads but that was a nightmare, so I then tried following as they were posted but lost track - so now I open a new tab for each new photo posted on the photo thread and don't close it until I comment and tick the spreadsheet - two birds with one stone :D

I bet you never ever miss any one's birthday either do you :D

Shouldn't week 2 be under way by now? Week 2 ends on the 12th.

I did that last year, but for the first few weeks I just commented randomly because we had 100 or so starters, and 100 comments is too much! - by easter there was only about 30 people left and by then it was obvious who the sociable ones were which also made things easier. Some people just don't bother commenting (that's ok it's their choice) but for me the camaraderie was what made it all so much fun last year... (hey did you notice camaraderie has the word camera in it!) :cow:

I did that last year, but for the first few weeks I just commented randomly because we had 100 or so starters, and 100 comments is too much! - by easter there was only about 30 people left and by then it was obvious who the sociable ones were which also made things easier. Some people just don't bother commenting (that's ok it's their choice) but for me the camaraderie was what made it all so much fun last year... (hey did you notice camaraderie has the word camera in it!) :cow:

'Tis true.

Camaraderie = Camera Dare I :)

I am doing my best to comment on a few random threads. Once the numbers dwindle i'm sure (if i'm still among those continuing) i will be able to post in more of them.

Quick question: When each theme comes out does the relevant photo have to be taken during that week or during that year or can a photo be one that was taken years ago for example? I know the raison d'etre is to promote continuing interest but I have some good photo's taken in the past which I'd like to include for critique that I've never done anything with (assuming a relevant subject comes up).

Quick question: When each theme comes out does the relevant photo have to be taken during that week or during that year or can a photo be one that was taken years ago for example? I know the raison d'etre is to promote continuing interest but I have some good photo's taken in the past which I'd like to include for critique that I've never done anything with (assuming a relevant subject comes up).

If I am right in thinking I think the aim off the game is for the photo to be taken in that week. But I know people get behind when life gets in the way so I guess they take the photos as and when in the week and pp them and upload when time allows.

And if you have taken really good photos from the past why not post them up for critique in the relevant photo critique sections.

Last edited:
If I am right in thinking I think the aim off the game is for the photo to be taken in that week. But I know people get behind when life gets in the way so I guess they take the photos as and when in the week and pp them and upload when time allows.

And if you have taken really good photos from the past why not post them up for critique in the relevant photo critique sections.

This.

If you post photographs perviously taken, it isn't really a challenge.

Cheers.

Back