2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

Holy thread commenting.....think I have made it round everyone ( if a little late ) but please feel free to pm me if I managed to miss you....... (y)

Ok. Well I've been holding off the decision but please count me in for 2014, not created my thread yet though

Oh and a plea to all if you don't mind. When posting to the no comments thread can we please include the week number and or theme with each photo as towards the end of last year I was getting a bit confused over what weeks some of them related to. Sorry if I'm being a bit thick!...

Last edited:
'Houston', or in this case Sarah-lee or Dark Knight or anyone else who would be kind enough to help 'we or rather I have a problem! I am not at all computer savvy! Where do I put my pictures on the 52s so that everyone can see them and/or link to them. Is it on flickr or something similar or do I store them in my TP gallery space or both. Then how do I link to them? Many, Many thanks for your help.
P.S. A complete idiots guide would be great:)

'Houston', or in this case Sarah-lee or Dark Knight or anyone else who would be kind enough to help 'we or rather I have a problem! I am not at all computer savvy! Where do I put my pictures on the 52s so that everyone can see them and/or link to them. Is it on flickr or something similar or do I store them in my TP gallery space or both. Then how do I link to them? Many, Many thanks for your help.
P.S. A complete idiots guide would be great:)

Hello post your 52 photos in here

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/th...t-your-photos-here-no-comments-please.523099/

And in the 52 section create your on thread for images and people to comment on.

Paul, stick em in here :)

The first post in the thread explains how to link to your thread (y)

Thanks Mandy, Will that show the image all the time or would you have to click on a link to see it?

If you correctly copy and paste the image bbcode that will always show the image for the photo, you have to do it for each new image you take. If you take a look at the various peoples signatures that shows there links to their challenges.

When adding the image to the thread for the no comments just like I say copy and paste the code to display the image. Then if you look at the right hand side off the box you will notice your posts are numbered if you click on that number that will allow you to copy and paste the bbcode to allow you to link back to your own thread in the 52 section for people to comment on. I hope this helps you out

Well I copied and pasted the bb code/html link that flick gave me to my 52 thread and while it did link back to the picture on flick so that you could view it, it didn't display the picture in my thread? What am I doing wrong?

Right. I've been proper slack with these in the past.

So I'm going to have a go, but I may play a few jokers...

Thanks yet again Mandy! I have now managed to get my offering into posted into my thread (with lots of help from you.) The next problem on my list is it will display on the 'Pictures only thread' but can't get it to link back to my thread for people to comment.

Paul, where it says 'share' in the bottom corner of the post, click that, then click on the top one of the two options it gives you. Then I right click and select all,then copy, then add it to your post by clicking on the thing shaped like an 8 on its side with a green cross, paste into that then add to reply. :)

I have to admit that I've learn as much about adding links and stuff to forums as I have about photography since being on TP :LOL:

:banana:'BIG, BIG, BIG THANK YOU'S' to Phil-D and Mandy for having the time and patience to talk me through how to post and link and answering all my other questions concerning 2014s 52 competition.
As Phil says and I must agree I have learnt so much already about posting and linking!
Thanks again!(y)

:banana:'BIG, BIG, BIG THANK YOU'S' to Phil-D and Mandy for having the time and patience to talk me through how to post and link and answering all my other questions concerning 2014s 52 competition.
As Phil says and I must agree I have learnt so much already about posting and linking!
Thanks again!(y)

Your very welcome Paul :) Like you, I'm not computer savvy either, sometimes I can make hard work of the simplest tasks :rolleyes::D

Glad I could help some one else for a change :)

Holy thread commenting.....think I have made it round everyone ( if a little late ) but please feel free to pm me if I managed to miss you....... (y)

Lynne, you deserve a big pat on the back :clap:

I'm hoping to get round to commenting on every 52'ers thread, but not all in the same week :D

I'll have a crack at this too :)
In my final year at uni so fairly busy but I hope to be able to submit something every week.
Been out to take a few pics today for the first week.

Good luck everyone!

Lynne, you deserve a big pat on the back :clap:

I'm hoping to get round to commenting on every 52'ers thread, but not all in the same week :D
I'm hoping to do this too, will try to eventually comment on everybody's that is taking part, just not the same week!

I remember the TP52 for 2012 and 2013, commenting for the first few weeks was a 'mare and took up a lot of time. I'm just about uptodate with comments and I'd encourage you to comment as much as possible. After all, we're all here to learn (y)

Oh, and if you don't comment on mine......you see where I'm going.

Cheers all and I'm seeing some crackers so far.

Going to give this a go. Will hopefully keep up but do sometimes get bogged down with work.
Add me to the list please :)
Right. I've been proper slack with these in the past. So I'm going to have a go, but I may play a few jokers...
I'll have a crack at this too :)
In my final year at uni so fairly busy but I hope to be able to submit something every week.
Been out to take a few pics today for the first week.
Good luck everyone!
Hope I am not to late to join in. Sharon

Excellent - Welcome to the 52's everybody :clap:

Hi all!
I'm going to give this a go again.
I completed all 52 Photos in 2012 but didn't participate last year.
Guess what - Saturday mornings just weren't the same!
Welcome Back Mike... I have added you to the top section of the spreadsheet as I have your info from 2012 (y) It's slightly different since you were last in, the spreadsheet is for info only and doesn't require any input from yourself

Quick Update -

We now have 63 possible entrants :clap:

& my years resolution has just become....not to fall too far behind with commenting or it's gonna be a mare...though still more manageable than last year when we 180 starters :eek:

Done the rounds , ...now waiting for the next batch of images to go up.......roll on next saturday & some better weather :D

Well, so far I've commented on all those that have commented on mine - now to go and round up the stragglers - thankfully it's a bank holiday here tomorrow which should help :D

Ok. Well I've been holding off the decision but please count me in for 2014, not created my thread yet though

Oh and a plea to all if you don't mind. When posting to the no comments thread can we please include the week number and or theme with each photo as towards the end of last year I was getting a bit confused over what weeks some of them related to. Sorry if I'm being a bit thick!...

I think there is a problem with the app on iOS with bbcode from Flickr...it is not showing image titles, but they appear in normal browser view ok :shrugs:

Learnt something else........ it's very hard trying to comment on everyones pictures:)

:plus1: I'm spreading mi self about over the next few weeks :D

Back