weekly 52 in 2014 Cowboy

Nice! Looks really 'punchy' having all the lines converge and being taken from a low angle coupled with the processing. Be nice to see what it was like without the cars and sign writing.

I tried it in b/w and to me it didn't look as good, I also took another without the paper and it looked to have something missing.

Did you pick it up? Is it going to be a regular feature in your 52 Mark. "here's the piece of paper at the beach", "here it is in front of the houses of parliament", "Here it is visiting the cows"... that sort of thing?

that would work be great wouldn't it? :crying:

Happy new 52, I mean year :cow:boy

Hi
really like this one. love the low point of view and i like the paper there. your eye is taken away by the yellow line but the paper brings you back and off you go again.
:clap:

Did you pick it up? Is it going to be a regular feature in your 52 Mark. "here's the piece of paper at the beach", "here it is in front of the houses of parliament", "Here it is visiting the cows"... that sort of thing?

that would work be great wouldn't it? :crying:

Happy new 52, I mean year :cow:boy

Splendid idea, I might need a new piece of paper though, that one is a little wet :cow:boy

Great shot, I agree that the piece of paper is slightly distracting though.

Love it too! Gritty and grungy, and I don't think the paper is a distraction as it's another comment on the scene as a whole. Brilliant POV.

Incidentally, the "odd" entry did nothing for me - not because there's anything wrong with it, but it's just a matter of personal taste, and having viewed many of the projects over the last few weeks, so many of them are what I would call "table-top" photography, which is not my bag - clearly I'm in a majority and that's fine, just that my own personal interest is outdoor photography, and that seems to be a minority in these projects

Great composition Mark and converging lines into the distance.

I'm in the lose the litter brigade. Glad you weren't lying in the gutter mind. Although thats where im usually at after a few too many.....

Two good starting contributions. As usual I am just catching up.

Gerry

Love the low angle, though like some others i find the piece of paper takes my eye away fro the line

Both are very good shots, well lit and sharp in the right places. On balance I prefer #2. Good work!

#2 for me Mark - lovely tones in the polished wood, even see the detail in the strings, really nice. :clap:

How are you at cloning?? the highlight below the 2nd string could be disappeared maybe.

Hi Mark, 2 for me nice tones in there, sort of with Andy on the motion blur but I think it would be nice to see the string vibrate

I prefer the 2nd image although I'd have liked to have seen the bow at a greater angle to cut the diagonal and maybe not such a tight crop.

Nice job Mark. Cant fault it technically....I'd be tempted to try another alternative composition to include the 'curly' cutout thing (just visible bottom right of 2nd pic) which is always so photogenic

I agree with Jason, quality instruments are very photogenic and I particularly like the the f-holes.

Apart from lack of f-holes, nice image ... and I vote for the second one.

#2 for me Mark - lovely tones in the polished wood, even see the detail in the strings, really nice. :clap:

How are you at cloning?? the highlight below the 2nd string could be disappeared maybe.

Thanks, I like the tones myself.

Smashing clear shots there...I like the first one for the theme myself, it has that human touch :)
Thanks.

I prefer #1. Pity you could get a bit of motion blur in the finger.

Cheers,

Thanks.
I was trying for a little movement in the strings but couldn't get it done well enough to post.

Both good #1 for me
Thanks.

Hi Mark, 2 for me nice tones in there, sort of with Andy on the motion blur but I think it would be nice to see the string vibrate
Thanks.

I prefer the 2nd image although I'd have liked to have seen the bow at a greater angle to cut the diagonal and maybe not such a tight crop.
I agree with Jason, quality instruments are very photogenic and I particularly like the the f-holes.

Apart from lack of f-holes, nice image ... and I vote for the second one.

Nice job Mark. Cant fault it technically....I'd be tempted to try another alternative composition to include the 'curly' cutout thing (just visible bottom right of 2nd pic) which is always so photogenic

Thanks, something to think on.

Both great images but I do like 1. :)

Thanks.

Both have been really well lit and taken. My preference is #2 although I could imagine a triptych of similar images would work well.
Cheers, something I might try.

Hi Mark,

Line - I really like this shot and processing. I don't mind the paper as you say it adds to the gritty feeling.
Play - 2 good shots but I'm leaning towards the second one, but I am a sucker for tight crops!

Play: 2 is best for composition imho. A mix of the two with the young hand where the bow is could work giving you that lovely wooden colour without the distracting upper corners in the first shot. Just a thought :)

Gerry

Nice one.
The first for play I think if you could have not cropped his fingers would have been the winner.
The second shot works, but maybe a bit of movement in the bow would have worked for the theme and there needs to be some rosin dust in there...or are you obsessive dusters? ;)

Like them both but the first one is more on theme. Would have looked great with a slow shutter and a bit of resonance in the string after it had been plucked.

Back