weekly blakesters 2014 52 - Retired Gracefully

Damn... nice one Iain, but sorry can't add any constructive comments so will just :clap:

Thanks Dean (y)

Play. very creative lovely image

Craig

Thanks Craig (y)

Play ~ Amazing both the idea and the shot are first class.
If this was a competition and not a personal challenge I would be giving up now.

Cheers Simon (y)
There's a long way to go in this challenge, this week I hit lucky, it could be all down hill from here :D

Play: That is brilliant. FULL STOP. An unadulterated lesson in creativity for all those viewing. Well done(y)(y)

Wow thanks Jason (y)

I like it when you do this type of shot. I don't know why but it doesn't;t look that clear on my monitor, and a bit too bright....maybe I need a calibration!

Thanks Chris,
Not sure what to say about the brightness, it looks ok to me but different monitors different settings I suppose.

That's dedication, making the props as well!! Very creative and a lovely image.

Hi Iain, glad to see these chaps back for another recital. My only crit is the slight reflection on the right hand side right at the bottom, it looks like a little dark line just under the piano. I would have to clone/ crop that out!

Thanks Marsha,
Yes, I see the bit you are talking about, I never noticed that to be honest :D

Cracking ideas.. as per usual!! ;-)

Cheers Lynton (y)
Don't often see you round these parts, thanks for stopping by

i stop by from time to time, started one in 2010 .. didn't finish it..:whistle:

Hi ya matey

:notworthy::notworthy:.....nuff said:clap::clap:

Week 3 - Close
This is another of one of my favourite subjects, the lovelocks that are attached to Millennium Bridge over The Thames.
Unfortunately, these don't tend to stay for long as the Corporation of London take a dim view of people attaching stuff to their bridge :D
My fit to the theme is its a 'close' up of the padlock and the sentiment behind whats on the padlock, love, closeness etc.
C&C welcome as always.

Week 3 - Close
by iain blake, on Flickr

A very beautiful take on the theme I love this it's very sweet nicely done Iain.

Thanks Mandy, yes I do like these padlocks, its just a shame the Corporation remove them, there's been some crackers in the past.

Hi Iain, great focus and a lovely BG really makes the padlock stand out
a different and good take on the theme (y)

Yep - rather nice - shiny, red, rusty, shallow DOF, but all the important bits nice and sharp.

Hi Iain, great focus and a lovely BG really makes the padlock stand out
a different and good take on the theme (y)

Thanks Allan (y)
The 105mm lens that I used really helps with giving lovely backgrounds as it has such a shallow DOF what with it being a macro lens.

Yep - rather nice - shiny, red, rusty, shallow DOF, but all the important bits nice and sharp.

Thanks Graham (y)
As mentioned to Allan, I really like the effect with that particular lens.

back again......

your use of DOF make's it almost look like a panning shot ....& as per usual I have no crit :clap:

Thanks for looking in and commenting again Lynne (y)

Close. Very good I remember seeing a gate in Amsterdam and there were thousands on there

DOF is superb

Craig

Thanks Craig, unfortunately the powers that be won't allow them to accumulate on Millennium Bridge like Amsterdam will.

That's lovely, background really shows it off and the way the cable is OOF at both ends - it really draws the eye.

Nice shot and good interpretation of the theme close up and close. Only tiny thing I could criticise would be to have the top wire going into the top right corner.

Great capture, especially if this was one you came across on the bridge. The colours really make it stand out.

Back