weekly DK's 52 in 2014 - Wk's 52 'Support' Added - AND FINISHED :)

Good stuff DK. Number 2 for me please. Prefer the softer background.

Number 1 the green color of the background grass is a little distracting, as if oversaturated??? or is it just golden hour light giving such 'rich' colors

Last edited:
I thought for a minute I'd commented on these earlier this evening. Was it a TP52 trip out?

I agree with Sonriendo in that it's probably just between the two that would be most effective.

Good stuff DK. Number 2 for me please. Prefer the softer background.

Number 1 the green color of the background grass is a little distracting, as if oversaturated??? or is it just golden hour light giving such 'rich' colors
Thanks Jason :)

It was very nice light to be honest, but maybe it could tone down a tad :)

I thought for a minute I'd commented on these earlier this evening. Was it a TP52 trip out?

I agree with Sonriendo in that it's probably just between the two that would be most effective.
Hahaaaa it looks like it could have been mate... these are in my front garden :D

Right... after a fantastic 4 days with a few of the 52'ers from 2013 (what a fantastic bunch of people !!!) I give you my week 8 offering...

After the theme was announced to our internet & Mobile phone starved part of Norfolk, the following day we visited Brancaster (Nice choice Brian :))

This was my thought for for the ending theme... this jetty has really seen the 'Ending' of it's natural life and usefulness, as the guys and Gal would agree... this was damn wobbly :D

Having uploaded this, I now think maybe I need to move the Watermark to the right hand side !!!

Wk 8 - 'Ending'

Wk 8 - 'Ending'
by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Dean....really good to meet you & Kieran this weekend , was a fab trip :clap:

OMG...that jetty , never used to worry about things like that but hell fire , really flipped my tummy & mind walking along it :eek: It had definitely seen better days ! Well exposed with good reflections , the sun really bought out the color in the wood (y)

As for the watermark...I'm trying to envisage it on the rhs:thinking: might be worth dropping the opacity of it a little ?

What a neat location! Nice reflection and composition to get the diagonal line going through the frame. Would look good converted to b&w which would enhace and make more prominent the diagonal lines.

Perhaps could benefit from a little boost of contrast though?

Good work again and nicely spotted oppurtunity there Dean (y)

Last edited:
Yay! - I know this place... Nicely shot!

Great fun to see a shot from the "end of 2013 52" meet used as a submission for the theme of ENDING in the 2014 52...:)

Someone should have got a shot of the end of the meet! :D

Great shot DK, looks like you had some cracking weather, colours and reflections look good(y) I just get the feeling I want to crop a bit of the water off the bottom.......... up to where the jetty starts.......:thinking:

Love the contrast between the warm colours of the wood and the banking and the cool blue water and even the rickety-looking boat fits the theme!

Hi DK, nice colour, the water with the warm low sun on the luxurious jetty
would like to see the boat more prominent in the frame, no idea how difficult that might have been though

Hey DK, glad you had a good meet, I will go one day!

Sense, I agree that number two is better, dam shame about that flower on the left being OOF! In the first shot the mud is too dominating.

Ending, you walked on that? Lovely colours and reflections. I agree that the watermark needs shifting to the RHS,

Hi Dean....really good to meet you & Kieran this weekend , was a fab trip :clap:
Likewise Lynne, lovely to meet you at last too :)

OMG...that jetty , never used to worry about things like that but hell fire , really flipped my tummy & mind walking along it :eek:
to say the least lol :D

It had definitely seen better days ! Well exposed with good reflections , the sun really bought out the color in the wood (y)

As for the watermark...I'm trying to envisage it on the rhs:thinking: might be worth dropping the opacity of it a little ?
Hmmmmm I think I will try both once I catch up on the mountain of feedback :eek:

I like this and given the time of year I think you've done well with the light to capture a sense of warmth in it. Nice one.
Cheers Chris :)

What a beautiful looking place, I am not to sure I would want to be walking along that jetty. I think it has clearly come to the end of its usefulness, a splendid take on the theme nice one.
Thanks Mandy... it really had to be experienced :D

What a neat location! Nice reflection and composition to get the diagonal line going through the frame. Would look good converted to b&w which would enhace and make more prominent the diagonal lines.
Oooooo great Idea, will try that in the next couple of days :)

Perhaps could benefit from a little boost of contrast though?
OOo will try that too :)

Good work again and nicely spotted oppurtunity there Dean (y)
Cheers for the great suggestions Jason (y)

Yay! - I know this place... Nicely shot!
Cheers Buddy :)

Great fun to see a shot from the "end of 2013 52" meet used as a submission for the theme of ENDING in the 2014 52...:)
Ah Haaaa oh yes !!!

Someone should have got a shot of the end of the meet! :D
Oh My... how many times did we say we would do that before it was all over :bang:

Great shot DK, looks like you had some cracking weather, colours and reflections look good(y)
We certainly did :) apart from the lack of quality sunsets and sunrises

I just get the feeling I want to crop a bit of the water off the bottom.......... up to where the jetty starts.......:thinking:
I thought similar that it needs a wider crop, took as much off the top as I could, and didn't want to loose the full boat reflection... so a tad stuck with it :help:

Love the contrast between the warm colours of the wood and the banking and the cool blue water and even the rickety-looking boat fits the theme!
Thanks Elaine :)

Lovely warm colours, nice reflections - what's not to like!
Cool... Thanks :)

Hi DK, nice colour, the water with the warm low sun on the luxurious jetty
Thanks Allan :)
would like to see the boat more prominent in the frame, no idea how difficult that might have been though
Would have been easy if I had fallen in :D

That jetty has definitely seen better days, lovely shot (y)
Thanks Judi :)

Hey DK, glad you had a good meet, I will go one day!
Hey Marsha... Annnnd that you should :)

Sense, I agree that number two is better, dam shame about that flower on the left being OOF! In the first shot the mud is too dominating.
You aint wrong at all :)

Ending, you walked on that?
We all had a go :D

Lovely colours and reflections.

I agree that the watermark needs shifting to the RHS,
YAY !!!!! was hoping somebody would agree (y)

Super pic DK.....love the reflections in the water, the blue sky, the blue boat....it all ties together perfectly :)
Thanks Susie :)

A weekend away with the TP52 crew and you've come back with a result for this week's theme. Nicely composed with the boat more or less on the third. You've captured some nice blues but I can't help but wonder what it would be like as a B&W image.

It's always strange when you remember someone taking a photogaph and I stood and watched take is one.

Works for me: great textures, reflection, well composed and lovley light. I actualy like how te boat has been pushed to the lowerleft (outside the third).

Crit, well, looks a little blue on my high-end works computer :)

Wouldn't mind seeing a B&W conversion.

Cheers.

Hi DK
Sense - on theme and agree with others re dof. However nice colours, good pov and crop really suits the shot
Ending - good warm feeling after the wet winter. like the comp and agree with allan@alsjazzera that would like to see boat a bit more prominent and without the shadow falling across it - can you go back and do it again?:LOL:

Works well for me. Would like to see it pop a bit more - maybe boosting clarity and saturation. But that could be a personal taste thing.

Works for me - lovely light and reflections
Cheers Peter :)

A weekend away with the TP52 crew and you've come back with a result for this week's theme. Nicely composed with the boat more or less on the third.
Yup... thanks Peter :)

You've captured some nice blues but I can't help but wonder what it would be like as a B&W image.
I will certainly doing a B&W when I go through my pics from the weekend again :)

It's always strange when you remember someone taking a photogaph and I stood and watched take is one.
Yay !!! I remember lots of super shots being taken by the crew, great being there (y)

Works for me: great textures, reflection, well composed and lovley light. I actualy like how te boat has been pushed to the lowerleft (outside the third).
Cool... I wanted it low, almost insignificant but still having the full reflection, as the main focus is meant to be the Jetty :)

Crit, well, looks a little blue on my high-end works computer :)
Hmmmm I think you may be right, on LR SOOC looked VERY warm, so I pulled it down a bit - maybe too far :D

Wouldn't mind seeing a B&W conversion.
It will be on it's way soon'ish :)

:beer:

Hey Alan :)
Sense - on theme and agree with others re dof. However nice colours, good pov and crop really suits the shot
Thanks mate :)
Ending - good warm feeling after the wet winter. like the comp and agree with allan@alsjazzera that would like to see boat a bit more prominent and without the shadow falling across it - can you go back and do it again?:LOL:
Yeah right lmao :D

Works well for me. Would like to see it pop a bit more - maybe boosting clarity and saturation. But that could be a personal taste thing.
Hi Richard... Sounds like a plan to me... I'd like to give that a go too - Thanks :)

Lovely colours with the warm glow. I like the reflections and the shadows, they really add to the image.

Lovely colours with the warm glow. I like the reflections and the shadows, they really add to the image.
Cheers Kev :)

HI DK - Ending a really nice shot reflections are good and even the detail on the algae is good
Hi Craig - Thanks mate :)

Back