weekly Judi's 52 in 2014 week 33 and 34 added

Hi Judi, first one seems to be the consensus and I agree, as has been mentioned the composition needs looking at maybe a shot with the whisk in the mixture :thinking:

Hi Judi, definitely the first for me as well, you can see where the mixer blades have left their swirls as well. It's not so defined in the second one, although I do like the striped edge of the cloth along the bottom in the second one. My only crit for both is the red cupcake cases in the top corners! They're a little dark and not matching the overall tone with the white/ creamy and the pale blue. This does mean a reshoot and more cakes :)

On a side note, I made some cup cakes on Sunday, why didn't this idea jump out at me?

Swirl, interesting take. I'd prefer not to have the case in, but that's just my opinion.mthino I'd like a. It closer to the swirl.

Cheers.

Hi Judi, chocolate for me (y) I'm not always a big fan of 'straight over head' shots but I think on this occasion it works well, great detail in the mixture. I also fond the bun cases a little distracting in the other two :)

Hi Judi

I also prefer the Swirls in #1 & like the inclusion of the cake trays & cases :) Just needs a little more work on the composition which in turn give you more opportunity to make cakes.....sounds like a win win situation to me :D

nice work making raw sausages look appealing. (y) 10/10 for the lemon pig too!

I'm most drawn to #1 of the three, like the way the pig is settled in the middle of the sausage links., white Bg is good and the sausages have a lovely rich pinky colour. Suitable aperture too, giving sufficient DOF. (y)

I'd like to like #3 but it looks like it was taken in the same position, with the same settings, but when the sun had gone behind a cloud, so appears darker and less of a natural colour (or maybe just less colour) in the sausages themselves.

#3 is the best for me. I love all of them, what lovely pictures! I have no critique, perfect 10 for theme, content and execution

:D great images Judi, well thought out, the first certainly stands out more, for me I think its the plain bg and the very slightly different placing of the 'lemon pig' (y)

Looks like you've been having lots of fun Judi with your porky banger links and porky pig :D Third image for me with your lovely blue gingham tablecloth to make the plate stand out.

Hi Judi, first one for me, they all make me smile, the pig is excellent, can you do anymore fruit/vegetable based animals?
the pig is placed perfectly in the first and third but the table cloth is a little overpowering for me
:clap: just for the pig, its made my day

I'm inclined to agree with you there Judi.... (sorry), the first has a feel of a more carefully composed shot, but the second seems to have a bit more swirlyness in the mix.
Great idea though, but sometimes it's hard to translate a great idea into a great image.
Some weeks just need to get a tick in the box though. :), but I bet the cakes were lovely.
Thanks for looking :)
Hey Judi like the idea for this and I'm with Martin although why does he need a spoon? Hasn't he got any fingers...:D
I like the composition of the first shot just feel it needs a little more maybe a more down looking POV and as DK said add in a mixing spoon or whisk.. (y)
Thanks Michael :) I thought if i put any thing in the bowl it would spoil the effect of the swirl :)

I'd go for #1 as I prefer the lemon pig in the middle although #3's table cloth distracts somewhat. Showing the links between the sausages gets a thumbs up.

The first image for swirl for me as well, I prefer the swirly patterns in the first nice different take for the theme.
thanks Mandy :)
Nice swirls and a good take on the theme as mentioned a few more props in there would add a bit more interest
Thank you craig :)
Hi Judi some nice swirls there, I think I would have been tempted to run a spatula round the bowl and scrape off the mixture that's on the sides. Great idea to use a theme you can eat.......hope the cakes were delicious :)
Susie I would have ended up with mixture all over was best to leave it, thanks for commenting :)
Hi Judi, first one seems to be the consensus and I agree, as has been mentioned the composition needs looking at maybe a shot with the whisk in the mixture :thinking:
Thank you Allan :)
The definition of the swirls on the first one works better than the second.
Thank you Peter :)
Hi Judi, definitely the first for me as well, you can see where the mixer blades have left their swirls as well. It's not so defined in the second one, although I do like the striped edge of the cloth along the bottom in the second one. My only crit for both is the red cupcake cases in the top corners! They're a little dark and not matching the overall tone with the white/ creamy and the pale blue. This does mean a reshoot and more cakes :)

On a side note, I made some cup cakes on Sunday, why didn't this idea jump out at me?
they were the only bun cases that I had left :( thanks for looking :)
Swirl, interesting take. I'd prefer not to have the case in, but that's just my opinion.mthino I'd like a. It closer to the swirl.

Cheers.
A chocolate one just for you Andy a little bit closer :)
Loving the swirly patterns in your chocolate addition nice work.
thanks Mandy I like the chocolate one too:)
Hi Judi, chocolate for me (y) I'm not always a big fan of 'straight over head' shots but I think on this occasion it works well, great detail in the mixture. I also fond the bun cases a little distracting in the other two :)

I like the chocolate one the best it does have more detail :)
Hi Judi

I also prefer the Swirls in #1 & like the inclusion of the cake trays & cases :) Just needs a little more work on the composition which in turn give you more opportunity to make cakes.....sounds like a win win situation to me :D
It would be a good excuse to make more buns, thanks for looking Lynne

nice work making raw sausages look appealing. (y) 10/10 for the lemon pig too!
I'm most drawn to #1 of the three, like the way the pig is settled in the middle of the sausage links., white Bg is good and the sausages have a lovely rich pinky colour. Suitable aperture too, giving sufficient DOF. (y)
I'd like to like #3 but it looks like it was taken in the same position, with the same settings, but when the sun had gone behind a cloud, so appears darker and less of a natural colour (or maybe just less colour) in the sausages themselves.
Thanks Graham I have lightened #3 up a tad it does look better :)
The first ones a corker, making me hungry looking at them though (y)
Thanks Mark :)
#3 is the best for me. I love all of them, what lovely pictures! I have no critique, perfect 10 for theme, content and execution
Thank you Martin :)
:D great images Judi, well thought out, the first certainly stands out more, for me I think its the plain bg and the very slightly different placing of the 'lemon pig' (y)
Thanks Phil :)
Looks like you've been having lots of fun Judi with your porky banger links and porky pig :D Third image for me with your lovely blue gingham tablecloth to make the plate stand out.
Thank you Elaine, yes it was fun :)
Hi Judi, first one for me, they all make me smile, the pig is excellent, can you do anymore fruit/vegetable based animals?
the pig is placed perfectly in the first and third but the table cloth is a little overpowering for me
:clap: just for the pig, its made my day
Pleased to make someone's day, no more animals so far will have to think up a few more :)
Linked - fun image love the first nice simple clean composition, and fits the theme for me.
Thanks Mandy :)
Hahaaa they are great fun shots Judi :)
I myself quite like the one with the checked cloth behind, The composition of the first and the lighting of the second... don't want much do I :D
Nice Set (y)
Thanks Dean, sorry no reshoots all sausages eaten!! :)
Hi Judi :) super fun shots there...love your idea, good thinking and creativity....I think number three is my favourite, I do love that gingham tablecloth...is it just my eyes or is the cloth a bit wavy o_O
Nothing wrong with your eyes Susie, the cloth is a bit wavy, thanks for looking :)
This (y)
I prefer the third image with the blue and white cloth, really sharp and the sage and lemon are a nice touch too!
Right, now I'm off to buy some sausage (y)
Than you Simon :)
I'd go for #1 as I prefer the lemon pig in the middle although #3's table cloth distracts somewhat. Showing the links between the sausages gets a thumbs up.
Thank you Peter :)

Thanks Guys for all your comments :clap:

Swirl - prefer the chocolate version, as the swirls have more definition, the PoV works better and it's chocolate. What's not to like?

Linked - works well and is very witty. Like the combination of colours and the lighting too. Good work.

Swirl - I prefer the chocolate mixture as I am not sure that the comp works in the plain ones - the lighting and colours seems to lack impact.
Linked - good idea for the theme and I like the arrangement on the plate. Again on #1 and2 I would like to see better lighting to give an immediate impact. The lemon pig is very well presented and in #3 the right ear is more apparent.

Linked: Hi Judi.....I see from this that you have a real fun and quirky side to you (y) I like number 1 and 3 becasue the pig and the sausage seem more as one subject linked together. Number 2 with the pig on the fence, just seems a bit chaotic. If pushed to choose I go with number 3 featuring your faithful blue tablecloth. Nice job on the lighting for all three though! Well done :)

Swirl - I prefer the chocolate mixture as I am not sure that the comp works in the plain ones - the lighting and colours seems to lack impact.
Linked - good idea for the theme and I like the arrangement on the plate. Again on #1 and2 I would like to see better lighting to give an immediate impact. The lemon pig is very well presented and in #3 the right ear is more apparent.
Thank you Allan I like the chocolate one too, sausages I had fun with :)
Linked: Hi Judi.....I see from this that you have a real fun and quirky side to you (y) I like number 1 and 3 becasue the pig and the sausage seem more as one subject linked together. Number 2 with the pig on the fence, just seems a bit chaotic. If pushed to choose I go with number 3 featuring your faithful blue tablecloth. Nice job on the lighting for all three though! Well done :)
Thank you Jason :) I tend to see the whole challenge as a fun thing, need the crit tho too :)

Hi Judi
Cracking idea. For crit I'd like to see the comp of the 1st shot with the parsley added, I like the slight LH rotation of the links. The colour of the 2nd as the sausages look more pink, and I like the table cloth as it gives a more homely feel to the shot. (y)

He's gorgeous Judi :) Is that cheese he's got? I love the first shot where he seems to be saying "What's this then?"

Hi Judi

just love that lemon pig...brilliant :clap: of the 3 images I'd have to go for #1 , the sharpness, placement of piggy , colors & shadow all work really well (y) #3 a close 2nd ....the rumples in the gingham just detract a smidge

Step....I'm not much good with kiddy shots so would go with #1.....the whole of the child in shot , good colors , nicce n sharp & a lovely expression on his face :)

Great take on the theme for Linked. No1 for Step. It looks very sharp, i prefer that it is not so cropped and the expression on your grandson's face gives it more interest. Great job.

Back