weekly mercurius's 52 in 2014: catch up Weeks 28 - 31

I agree with Peter, good diagonals but the brown patch keeps grabbing my attention. Good colours in the rest of the image.

Hi, Sense impression, not heard of that one :)

Sense of motion, maybe.

That said, I do like ICM and I like this one. The slight angle in the movement works well.

Cheers.
Hi I think it fits with sense of movement not sure about your explanation but i do like it as an abstract image
Well, as a great fan of abstract, I love it :) I would probably have seen it as sense of movement too, but your explanation above sounds good o_O
pretty but not really on theme.
I'm also seeing sense of movement. Not as keen on the brown patch though. The diagonal movement is a nice change from a straight up and down approach.
Nice bright colourful image, Sense of movement to me too (y)
Thanks for your comments.

Hi B+W for me a nice conversion too it seems to bring the detail out
good take on the theme too

Hi M

Sesne....the more I see of this type of shot the more I like them , the slight angle to your shot makes it stand out a little from the norm (y)

Ending....mono is lovely , really gritty with plenty of detail (y) Just need to clone out the dust bunny & clean your sensor :eek:

B&W works well (y) possibly would have liked to have seen a bit more to the left :)

Thanks. Seems to have been a bit of a Marmite shot...onwards and upwards to the next theme, I think!

Now I love Marmite but thats where it ends I'm afraid.... I actually find it hard to look at with out my eyes feeling strained :eek:

Ending - I used to live not far from there and drove those roads regularly. Its so sad to see and your B&W image sums it up so well (y)

Another for the B&W. I like the detail in the water and the sky which is lost in the colour version.

Hi B+W for me a nice conversion too it seems to bring the detail out
good take on the theme too
Thanks Allan.

B&W pic is the one, great detail maybe a bit more of the path in the shoot would have made it a bit easier to recognise the end of the road idea?
Good point. Didn't have a wide enough lens to get more in and didn't want to clip the top of the tree.

Love the B&W one really brings out the detail in the clouds, water and tree.
Thanks.

Hi M

Sesne....the more I see of this type of shot the more I like them , the slight angle to your shot makes it stand out a little from the norm (y)

Ending....mono is lovely , really gritty with plenty of detail (y) Just need to clone out the dust bunny & clean your sensor :eek:
Good spot! Thought it was my screen, but you're right about the DB.

Ending - I like it good take on the theme, I have to also go for the b&w image.
Thanks Mandy.

Ending... I like it fits the theme, lovely shot (y)
Thanks Judi.

Now I love Marmite but thats where it ends I'm afraid.... I actually find it hard to look at with out my eyes feeling strained :eek:

Ending - I used to live not far from there and drove those roads regularly. Its so sad to see and your B&W image sums it up so well (y)
Thanks Michael. They're certainly going through it down there at the moment.

Yet another vote of the mono conversion. It seems give more interest with some lovely detail in there.
Thanks Peter.

Mono conversion for me - very nice
Thanks Sarah.

Nice shot for 'ending' - I like both the colour and b&w versions (y)
Thank you.

Aother votes for the mono version as I like the way that it accentuates the ripple shadows. Nice use of lead in lines too!
Thanks Jason.

Another for the B&W. I like the detail in the water and the sky which is lost in the colour version.
Yes I see what you mean about the colour version.

Both images are nice I prefer the coloured version
Interesting view. Most people seem to have opted fro the b/w version.

Quite like this one, especially the B&W. Nice detail and good orientation.

Not keen on the dark upper left bit or the dust spot ;)

Cheers.

Hi, I've recently developed an interest in this style of abstract shot, so I think it's rather good, especially on the slight diagonal :)

That said, I do like ICM and I like this one. The slight angle in the movement works well.
What's ICM?

Nice Ending shot - Like the B&W myself... the converging lines of the hedges draw my eyes up into the pic very nicely :)
Thanks DK.

Quite like this one, especially the B&W. Nice detail and good orientation.

Not keen on the dark upper left bit or the dust spot ;)

Cheers.
Thanks Andy.
Oooo loving the ending shot :clap: I too vote for the mono version and agree that the dark top left corner needs to go. Dust bunnies, ughh, aren't they annoying!
OK thanks for commenting.

nice bright BG, done well to keep the rim of the glass visible, like the interest of the drips coming down the insides..

Fits the theme, theres some nice colour in the "Brandy"? but otherwise not very inspiring sorry. :exit:
Thanks for the comment - and no need to apologise. It's an honest view and I agree! Going through a particularly arid patch at the moment - and the photography's not much better.

I probably agree with Michael on this one I'm afraid. The drips of the coloured liquid add a little interest though.
Thanks Peter.

I think it needs a slight straighten, again works for the theme and I'm liking the detail of the drink dripping on the glass edge - nice effect :)
Thanks DK - a glass half-full comment indeed!

Back