weekly Mich's 52 for 2015 Entertain

Name
Michalene
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 0 Patterns

View attachment 27654
Am looking forward to trying this challenge for inspiration! Now if I can just get it all set up right! (Wondering if this is too big?)

One thing - when I posted in the main thread with the link - I can't see an option for opening link in new tab - so any pointers on that would be great.

Last edited:
Because its the link is taking you to another place on the website I would assume it wouldn't open another tab, otherwise you'd end up with loads of tabs whilst browsing TP. You could just open another TP tab in your browser if you wanted the two up together. Is that what you mean?

thanks - @Raptor Mike I think I maybe read it wrong - I thought when someone clicked on your link it would open in a new tab but maybe not.

thanks - @Raptor Mike I think I maybe read it wrong - I thought when someone clicked on your link it would open in a new tab but maybe not.

Not sure about PC/Mac but on my iPad if I press and hold on the 'link' I get the option to open in another tab. Just checked on my Mac and can't find how to do it the the keys/tracker but I use a Wacom tablet and I can use one of the buttons to open in a new tab. Not sure is this helps :)

Your submission, covers the theme, and I like the 'in ya face' composition, just the background I find a little distracting/uninteresting. Maybe some greenery would help

Cheers.

thanks Andy - it was taken in a skip! Couple of pipes one inside each other. I'm just not going to worry about the link thing - I tried someone elses like and it did the same as mine so seems I'm not the only one! :)

I'm waiting for James Bond to appear at the other end. Well spotted, but as Andy said the background (writing especially) is a little distracting.

Hi Mich and welcome aboard !!!
Really good to have you here.

When I saw this in the photos only thread I had one of those 'What on earth is it?' moments !
But now that you've explained I can see it perfectly.

Really well spotted, good strong geometric composition and nice use of DoF to add some interest and depth.
Like the above comments though, I'd love to see something more interesting at the other end of the pipes . . . I know scrambling around in somebody else's skip (or even your own) isn't really the done thing :LOL: but if there was something that you could have put there it would have given this a real lift. Or failing that, maybe reversing the focus so that the near end was in focus and the background thrown out.

I can see this image working with a view at the end. i know that you've taken it in a skip. just a thought for the future. i do like it, would not have guessed what it was without you telling us. I certainly like the way the inner pipe has been shot.

Hi Mich & welcome aboard the 52's challenge :wave:

Not sure what you mean about opening the link in a new tab but suing chrome I right click on the links & get a drop down box where one option is to Open In New Tab........

Strong shape, in your face image......look forward to following your thread (y)

Nice start Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Interesting picture and good start to the challenge. I'm wondering if a tighter crop may work better (shrug) and I've just remembered what it reminds me of.....a kaleidoscope :D Happy New Year :wave:

Welcome to 2015 52s - what a great spot to start off with! With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Hi and welcome Michalene

I can see you've got creative ideas. :clap:

Welcome to 2015 52s - what a great spot to start off with! With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.
Thanks Elaine - I don't think I'll have time to comment on everyone's every week either but I will try and pop in for a look!

Nice shot. I don't like the purple ones. I like the bokeh in thr background. Good start.

Hi there

I love the bokeh bits at the top of the frame & the diagonal placement of the sweet :) It does seem rather soft though...was it handheld in low light ?

yes it was - no flash

Hi, I like the closeness and bokeh, I'd like to see more, though, and OOF does look OOF.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers.

I tried to just get the purple one in focus. It def could be sharper.

Thanks for comments guys :)

Shiny sweet paper wrappers ... problematic at times

love the bokeh.

Yup - lovely colours, depth and bokeh but foreground slightly soft. I'd also have slightly preferred the end of the twist of sweet wrapper to be visible.

Love the purple one too[emoji4] As said, it's just a little soft focus wise but the mix of vibrant colours blending throughout the picture is great and the bokeh is a nice touch to finish of the scene.

Off to a good start there Mich, Like yourself I'm also new to this challenge and looking for inspiration, the purple ones are my favourite too btw lol. :)

Thanks everyone - what I like is that everyone's comments give me something to think about that you didn't think about at the time when I took the shot but hopefully will do the next time!

Great idea, just tweak the composition a little and sharpen the focus and you'll end up with a cleaner pic. Like I said to someone earlier, I was exactly the same when I started out and often missed the obvious until the kind people on here pointed it out to me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nice shot (I don't mind the purple ones but they'd play havoc with my cough right now) and some really strong elements to this for me. Colours and bokeh work well - it does look a touch soft so wondering if it's perhaps a 100% crop as the bokeh circles are pretty big!?

Twist bottom left of frame is very slightly distracting but only slightly so I wouldn't get too het up about that.

All in all, a good shot! Now I fancy something sweet!

I would like to see it a touch wider with more bokeh. but a nice image (y)

Week 2 Fragile

View attachment 28585

Was at the museum on Saturday and saw this - it is part of a glass sheep which I was going to use for the theme however, because it was in a glass box and there were light reflections everywhere (I can post up a shot of the sheep) I decided to take a close up of a section of it. I liked this part because it had a heart shape - and we all have a fragile heart.

Last edited:
Back