weekly Perry's 52 challenge for 2015 week 8 Relax & 9 Vertical Added

Name
Perry
Edit My Images
Yes
View attachment 27763

Ice on the car roof rails.

This was taken with my phone, more just to get started and get the thread going and hopefully put everything where it should be.

Looking forward to it - will use the Nikon from now on and hoping to keep with the challenge.

Sometimes you have to use what you have with you at the time. Nice shot. Will look on my computer tomorrow night, viewing on kindle at the moment not the best bit of apparatus. But it has its uses.

That's a cracker. I really like the uniformity. If anything it's just a little underexposed, but not bad for a phone photograph.

I don't think I saw a link to here in the 'photos only' thread. This will help members find your thread (y)

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Cheers.

Great use of the iPhone but it does look like it could do with a little tweak to bring out the ice crystals a little more.

Thanks for the comments - back to work today for me so will look at adding a link when back home.

Will try to add comments on others as and when I can although no where near qualified to do so ;-)

I like the pattern. It leaves open the imagination, I didn’t think it was a frozen car roof at first.

Brilliant start good luck with your 52 2015 challenge (y)

welcome Perry

interesting image ... but perhaps a little flat.

LOL that appeals to my sense of humour (y)
Nice use of DoF too :)

Struggled with light being inside - you would not believe how many shots I took until I was remotely happy with it.

Good idea -- rather unfortunate (or was it deliberate :) ) positioning of the upright battery and the toy looks very, very pleased with himself!

Good idea -- rather unfortunate (or was it deliberate :) ) positioning of the upright battery and the toy looks very, very pleased with himself!

Ooops never even entered my mind about that side of it

Haha, great idea. Fortunately I don't need to put up with such noise anymore, but I remember the feeling of relief when toys eventually ran out of battery, or appeal.

With a 5 year old ( big 6 tomorrow ) and a 1 year old I have quite a way to go yet before they lose appeal.

Thanks for the comments - enjoying the challenge so far

great to see a different take on the topic. Well Done

Hi Perry.... Great take on the theme and something we can all relate to in some way (for me it's when the dog breaks the squeakies in his toys). Really like the focussing on it too. [emoji4]

Thanks for all the positive comments on the picture, looking forward to more of this 52 challenge and I know I am going to struggle in the coming weeks and look forward to comments of how I can improve from your advice.

One thing I have to do is have more confidence in myself when it comes to editing, I'm always unsure if I have done to much / to little to a picture in Lightroom.

Last edited:
Really made me smile.
Although I can't help thinking completely the opposite when I look at it - the blissful look on teddy's face at having new batteries to keep annoying you.
. . . or for those with dirty minds, what Martin said :LOL:

Nice work Perry, I do think that someone with 2 young kids shouldnt have that much spare time to be able to do the 52 challenge! Perphaps you should take the batterys out of all of Ava's toys!

See you next week Doug

Very clever must admit took me a minute to work it out but great shot

Off to a great start there Perry, (y)
it's a good job those batteries don't last forever then, as advertised,lol.
All the best with the challenge ahead ! :)

I'm glad it's not just me :LOL:

Good first shot, made me smile.

Really made me smile.
Although I can't help thinking completely the opposite when I look at it - the blissful look on teddy's face at having new batteries to keep annoying you.
. . . or for those with dirty minds, what Martin said :LOL:

:agree::plus1: Don't normally use these icons but I have to agree with Sarah, Martin and Nick and was more amused to see that some folks see things the same as me :)
I like the tight framing and the choice of aperture. Nice week 1. Will they all be comedy?

Hi Perry :)

Welcome to the 52...

Pattern - Love that shot, a real nice crisp shot from a phone, the frost seems very even and well lit for me - nice one :)

Bliss - Ha Haaaa nice one, the DoF is very effective, I saw the shot as the bear smiling with bliss that some batteries were there :D

A real nice bright, fun image, a real good start to your 52, look forward to the rest of your images over the coming months (y)

Back