weekly Phil-D's TP52 - 2014 week 52 Support added (archive shot)

Hi Phil

Close straight to the point love the idea and the colours used

Have to agree not the most inspiring shot but top marks for the spacing and the play on words

Hi there a nice shot well lit and and spaced out

Craig

Interesting interpretations of the themes! Nicely shot images.

Hi Phil, nice approach for the theme, well lit and evenly spaced. But I agree that it's not the most inspiring shot!

Couldn't see the connection to the theme until I read your explanation. I like the placement and the colours.

The image doesn't do much for me I'm afraid. Well lit though and a thumbs up for positioning them so well.

Thank you for all your comments and thoughts, much appreciated :)

On theme (ish), well lit, well composed, well arranged, just a bit on the dull side.

It's always hard following a week when you've had a great shot, like your Mars Bar one. (Oh how quickly we forget. ;))

You sound like the wife, next you'll be telling me I peaked too quick! :whistle: :naughty: :LOL: Cheers Graham :)

Hi Ya

nearly missed your Close shot.....like the color , you must have had the patience of a saint to line those tiles up so perfectly !:)

Smiley-ange.png
Thank you Lynne :D

That's a very different take on the theme Phil - I too would prefer it maybe a bit lower PoV, but it is well lit, spot on focus, good background with no blown areas, really like your thought (y)

Nice simple take and well positioned as on such a minimal shot any misalignment would have really stuck out. (y)

Hi Phil, I like your take on the theme, it's a very clean image indeed and blue is always good. :D

Thanks for your comments and thoughts chaps :)

Hi Phil.....Cant fault the interpretation and composition though as some have hinted before....just seems a little insipid (sorry :()

Insipid you say............. :bat:

:LOL: Jason, no need to apologise, taking others thoughts on board is what this threads about :), I too though it lacked something.

Chris hit the nail on the head saying it was an "uninspiring subject", I agree :)

I thought of 'close quarters' as my take on the theme fairly quickly, but struggled to come up with a subject :thinking:

I had a few ideas, tried fruit, didn't look right at all, wanted to try 4 set squares but only had 3 :rolleyes: :D

I tried a few different POV's with the tiles but the lighting I had just reflected, this was about the only POV it didn't :rolleyes:

Again, thanks for all the comments, thoughts, critique, roll on this evening :)

Hi
Sorry I'm a bit late but reading the previous comments it all seems to have been said.
Sometimes the simplest ideas are the most difficult to do.
Like the linked caramel in Play and the colours in close.

Hi Phil
Line - like the b&w and the fact that there are many limes but the LHS lines in the diag really concentrate my view on the road. Like the fact that it rises and curves. Maybe a bit more contrast.
Play - good idea and setup. clear where it needs to be. Good colour of mars but b/g a little dowdy?
Close - original thought and well executed in setup. Good even layout and light over the tiles. B/g looks a bit pinkish to me.

Hi
Sorry I'm a bit late but reading the previous comments it all seems to have been said.
Sometimes the simplest ideas are the most difficult to do.
Like the linked caramel in Play and the colours in close.

Hi Phil
Line - like the b&w and the fact that there are many limes but the LHS lines in the diag really concentrate my view on the road. Like the fact that it rises and curves. Maybe a bit more contrast.
Play - good idea and setup. clear where it needs to be. Good colour of mars but b/g a little dowdy?
Close - original thought and well executed in setup. Good even layout and light over the tiles. B/g looks a bit pinkish to me.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments :)

Bubble is done.....posted shortly :banana:

What a nightmare I've had trying to get this :banghead: without checking, around 120 attempts :D

Letters made of play doh :D sat on a mirror, taken in the dark with the flash, blowing bubbles, trying to get one that's near the letters and reflected!

But, eventually, I got this :woot: Focus might not be 100% but I've had enough and aren't doing it again! :LOL:

Had to do a little bit of cloning, there were a few water marks from bursting bubbles on the mirror, also had half a bubble to remove that managed to sneak into the image :D

Double Bubble

TP52 week 4 bubble
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

This works really well. I think I prefer the reflected bubble to the actual one, but lovely reflection.

Mirrors are great, but as we found out earlier, they need to keep being cleaned!

Excellent idea - the reflection is very pretty - we've grown out of play do in this house :(

Hi, I know what you mean about not doing it again, just a pity the bubble isn't in focus, reflection of it looks nice though

This works really well. I think I prefer the reflected bubble to the actual one, but lovely reflection.

Mirrors are great, but as we found out earlier, they need to keep being cleaned!

Thanks Simon, I agree, the reflected bubble looks sharper :thinking: I did focus on the letters, then turned AF off. Because I was shooting in the dark, (kept flicking a torch on) I have to wonder if the tripod got touched and just knocked the focus out slightly :banghead:

Excellent idea - the reflection is very pretty - we've grown out of play do in this house :(

Thanks Sarah :)

I've just discovered you never grow out of Play doh :D

Nice shot and clever use of the mirror. I was going to try this but just couldnt get my lighting right... :(

Hi, I know what you mean about not doing it again, just a pity the bubble isn't in focus, reflection of it looks nice though

Thanks chaps :)

Now I do like this think it's very creative idea, fantastic take on the theme, good composition I do like the reflection from the mirror.

Thank you Mandy :)

So you have been tempted by the PlayDoh :) it looks great ...very colourful and eye catching...you did really well to capture that bubble just in the right place...well done!

So your to blame! :p I knew it had been used for the theme 'play' and without looking through the posts, couldn't remember who it was :D

Thanks Susie, I have to admit, it was a bit of luck where the bubble was, shot it just before it hit the glass and burst. It took loads of attempts to get a shot I was half happy with, bubbles were all over, bursting everywhere:banghead:. I got fed up of trying after 2 hours :LOL:

I ended up having to clone a couple of part bubbles out of the image, just a little disappointed focus isn't perfect upload_2014-1-26_13-13-39.jpeg

Nice idea, I like the reflections and the bubble at the end - as stated already its a shame about it not being in focus. Good concept though! (y)

Thanks simon :)

Great idea. Nice colours and the bubble and reflection are spot on, I don't worry about oof much as my eyes see everything blurry anyway.:)

The reflection of the bubble is very nice.

Great idea. Nice colours and the bubble and reflection are spot on, I don't worry about oof much as my eyes see everything blurry anyway.:)

No crit from me on this one. Vivid colours. Nice detail and well composed.

Cheers.

Excellent.. really well caught Phil, not the sharpest as you say but that doesn't stop it being a great image for the theme, well set up (y)

Nice use of reflections and your bubble is nicely lit (which is not easy)

Thanks for all your thoughts and comments :)

Well done Phil - determination and perserverance paid off there.

Liking the reflections, and the colours of the playdoh.

Good job tidying up the bits too - nothing to see anymore!

I bet this was a great test of patience! The reflections look great and really add to the image. I know the bubble isnt 100% sharp but I bet it was hard enough to get a bubble positioned at all!

You've done well here Phil....Colours and comp are spot on and the thought & effort that has gone into the preperation,set up and execution is to be commended.....(y)

Thank you Jason, kind words, its appreciated :)

Well done Phil - determination and perserverance paid off there.

Liking the reflections, and the colours of the playdoh.

Good job tidying up the bits too - nothing to see anymore!

Thank you Graham, I've got to admit, I was starting to get a little fed up, thinking I was never going to get a shot I was happy with :banghead: :D

Great idea and well shot. The reflection and colours are really great.

Thanks mercurius :)

Great idea, loving the reflection. It would have been nice to get the actual bubble in focus but I bet it was hellish trying to get the bubble in shot at all?

Thanks Marsha :) A nightmare! :LOL:

I bet this was a great test of patience! The reflections look great and really add to the image. I know the bubble isnt 100% sharp but I bet it was hard enough to get a bubble positioned at all!

Thanks Adam :), I was a little disappointed about the focus, but not enough to start again :D

Double bubble - Ha! Very clever and well executed

Thanks Mike :)

Great idea like all the colours and the bubble, must have taken a while to perfect this, think I am going to have to go out and buy some playdoh.

Bubble... Love it nice bright colours and lovely reflection (y)

Thanks Judi :)

Great idea like all the colours and the bubble, must have taken a while to perfect this, think I am going to have to go out and buy some playdoh.

Thanks Sharon, I certainly didn't manage to perfect it, but yes, it took me a while to get the shot :)

I blame Susie (susiejb) for the play doh idea :D and I have a feeling it won't be the last time it features in my TP52 this year ;)

I've just got round to having a good look through all the shots I took for my bubble theme Saturday evening.

I had in my head a similar image to what I achieved for 'double bubble', the words and a full separate bubble reflected in the mirror, but I also had a play at 'sitting' bubbles in front of the letters.

Thought I'd post another image of one of those shots, bubble looks more in focus, again just a little PP in ACR and a 'clean up' of the mess on the mirror. :naughty:

Please, don't feel you have to comment on it, its hard enough getting round to every ones thread with one image, never mind too :)

double bubble 2
by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back