weekly rpn's 2021 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 SHOWCASE added **COMPLETE**

I agree.. the HDR adds drama to the image, especially given the subject. Nice one.

Very nice Stan (y)

Cheers, Chris. (y)

That's tidy. Really evocative, pointing towards an angry sky.

I too favour the slight crop, just to lose the slight distraction in the lower left corner, but it's splitting hairs.

Thanks, Nick. I think the cropped version is a cleaner image.

I agree.. the HDR adds drama to the image, especially given the subject. Nice one.

Thanks, Helen.

Nice one Stan

My Mrs has just become a great grand mother and since we have 12 grankids between us there will be many more.

Pete

Last edited:
This works really well Stan, particularly because of the curving of the picture. My eye follows the curve round to terminate at the hand. Vignette works well too.

I really like the colours and the composition in the square frame.

Nice one Stan

My Mrs has just become a great grand mother and since we have 12 grankids between us there will be many more.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Two is enough for us.

This works really well Stan, particularly because of the curving of the picture. My eye follows the curve round to terminate at the hand. Vignette works well too.

Thanks, Beb.

Nice colourful shot for hands :)

Plants
Great capture with the shaft of light catching the leaves

Dominating
The comms tower is defintely a more imposing structure and works well in mono

Snappers Choice
Comparing the SOOC your edit has enhanced it greatly. Have you created a pseudo HDR by adding exposure modified images?

Hands
Great to see creative young minds, I really like their choice of colours

Agreed. Wabbit for me too. Great use of depth of field too.

It's a bunny, I love bunnies.

Excellent. Much better thinking behind this than some of the other takes this week :)

Reactions: rpn
Clean - Taken with a tripod & timer? I'm guessing so as I can't see a second person in the reflection.
Fur - I'm going with the hood shot, as it's a more unusual take on the theme.
Hands - Good use of light and dark to focus the viewer on the hand.
Snappers - I *Really* like this one. Great subject. excellent focus on the roundel whilst keeping sufficient everywhere else and the HDR pp is done so well and subtly that it just works :clap:

Clean - Taken with a tripod & timer? I'm guessing so as I can't see a second person in the reflection.
Fur - I'm going with the hood shot, as it's a more unusual take on the theme.
Hands - Good use of light and dark to focus the viewer on the hand.
Snappers - I *Really* like this one. Great subject. excellent focus on the roundel whilst keeping sufficient everywhere else and the HDR pp is done so well and subtly that it just works :clap:

Thanks, Tim for all the comments. You are spot-on about the Clean shot. Camera set on tripod with a 10 seconds timer. It's a selfie in a sense. ;)

Good idea for the theme and well executed. Definitely something we've been doing more of!

Good take on the theme, simple composition and the addition of the running water gives it 'life'. Nicely done.

Thanks all for the comments. I have been busy in the last few weeks building a garden shed. It took me longer than I planned hence why I haven't been here often. I'll be away tomorrow for a few days and don't want to fall too far behind so get up early this morning to take last week's theme. This idea comes to me only the day before.

Week 34 Through the Magnifying-Glass

Through The Magnifying Glass by Stan, on Flickr

Glass
That's a great way to show off the coat of arms thingy.

Last edited:
Inventive and out-of-the-box thinking that works really well IMO. Could almost be a free-lensing thing too if you were doing the technique thingy.

Its definitely a clean shot for washing your hands, something I do a lot of in work!

Love the glass picture too, it just works really well.

Its definitely a clean shot for washing your hands, something I do a lot of in work!

Love the glass picture too, it just works really well.

Thanks, Simon. An activity we have all been doing often enough in the past 18 months.

How annoying to be one week ahead of the free lensing tech.
That works really well, I can see me trying something like this :)

Thanks, Tim. Not sure it fits the technique though. :thinking:

I found this 'Free Lensing' technique quite a challenge not for inspiration but for the actual execution. Not easy trying to hold both the camera and lens separately and steady while focusing by moving either the body or lens all at the same time.

Week 35 Snapper's Choice and Free Lensing Technique

Shrubby Cinquefoil by Stan, on Flickr

Def nailed the technique. I am not looking forward to it at all I must admit!

Back