weekly Severn Bore's 52 in 2014

Nice idea, but to be honest, I think the musical notes are superfluous to requirements and the shot is definitely good enough to stand alone without them.

I like the processing on this and lovley tones. Well compsosed and good shallow DOF. The vignette focuses the eye.

Nice smile and good detail.

I don't mind the inclusion of the music notes but feel it would work just as well without them.

Cheers.

Nice photo but i don't like the added music notes.

Like the musical notes, I had in mind this almost exact photo but my pp skill aren't up to adding the notes

Really nice portrait not a fan of adding graphics to pics so the second one for me
excellent (y)

That's a great portrait shot Andrew, as said above, lighting, skin tones look good (y) I'm a little undecided .........:thinking:.......I quite like it with the notes tbh :)

Ok...well I have similar thoughts on this as others in that I think the original shot is good enough in its own right to not need the notes adding, but on the other hand I don't dislike that you've added them. However, the way you have placed and stretched them has resulted in them being a bit jagged - I wonder if being placed in some sort of sound wave pattern that would not have resulted in that distortion might have worked?

On the original photo, I would personally have done without the vignette and you cropped her head at the top ;)
Lighting and depth of field I like a lot.

I'll not repeat everyone else...ok I will. Good to lose the notes.

I like it with the notes, it just looks a little empty without them.

If I hadn't seen the one with the notes I probably wouldn't have thought it needed some though :)

A super portrait which I much prefer without the musical notes. The use of the vignette draws the eye towards the subject which has been nicely lit and spot on sharp.

Thanks for all the nice comments about "Sense" featuring my granddaughter. Much appreciated.
Here is my entry for "Ending" A sparrowhawk came to our garden on Saturday and took a pigeon which it proceeded to consume over the next hour or so. This shot was taken through a dusty kitchen window with my EOS 7D cranked up to ISO 3,200 (not good for the 7D) and 300mm f4L. Picture has been cropped and heavily noise filtered so it is not the greatest image quality, but at least it fits the "Ending" theme. Sorry the poor old pigeon had to sacrifice itself for the shot!
Andrew

52-Ending - Sparowhawk and Prey-3896.jpg
by SevernBore, on Flickr

Andrew, I'm jealous :p I would love an image like that of our resident sparrowhawk, the eye contact is excellent, well captured (y) :clap:

I think he saw you! Classic stuff. Well-exposed, good crop, excellent subject matter and on theme. Perfect DoF.

Well done indeed.

Welcome to the 52.
Sense, the shot works better without the notes IMO.
End, great shot spot on theme.

A bit too much noise on this one but you've caught a great picture of the bird and its prey. We've had a few different birds in our garden but not a sparrowhawk - lucky you.

Lovely eye contact and a good exposure. The noise does not really worry me.

Agree with above comments a bit noisy but a great shot of the bird

Hi Andrew,
Sense, I think this shot says it all without the need for the musical notes added. However, I think they're rather tastefully done. I particularly like the vignette.

Ending, oooooo those eyes! The 7D doesn't like high ISO much does it? But still an amazing catch (pun intended) of a beautiful bird!

Back