weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Wow... That blue...

What a strong and apt entry for the week Susie!

Hi Susie, wonderful images from the start (y)
Patterns, that's a fantastic effect with ink and water, the first two are my favourite,
Bliss is a totally wonderful image, and the script is so true !!
Fragile, Another great capture,
Scenic, One of my faourite this one, lovely sandy beach and coastline,
Companions, wonderful light, great shot,
Elegance, simply wonderful !
Watery, fantastic idea for the theme, I'd like to try that myself, with a few more ice cubes and a coloured light behind.
I'm looking forward to viewing the rest, very inspirational for a newbie like me. :)

Hi Susie, wonderful images from the start (y)
Patterns, that's a fantastic effect with ink and water, the first two are my favourite,
Bliss is a totally wonderful image, and the script is so true !!
Fragile, Another great capture,
Scenic, One of my faourite this one, lovely sandy beach and coastline,
Companions, wonderful light, great shot,
Elegance, simply wonderful !
Watery, fantastic idea for the theme, I'd like to try that myself, with a few more ice cubes and a coloured light behind.
I'm looking forward to viewing the rest, very inspirational for a newbie like me. :)

Thank you for those lovely comments...that's why I like the challenge, it's challenging :) it makes you think and take photos that you's never dream of taking normally, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Companions - Nice picture of your old teddy. I’m not always keen on border but in this case with the complimentary colour I feel it works.

Elegant - I’m ok with the shallow DoF but would like a touch more exposure to maybe lift the very black blacks.

Watery - I like this one. It’s very blue which fits the subject. It almost has a feel of a watermelon shot. The patterns of the bubbles within the ice cube are really interesting as well. I also like the sunlight type shafts of light coming in from above.

Definitely watery especially when it starts to melt. Almost has a zoom burst effect in the ice cube (y)

Companions - Nice picture of your old teddy. I’m not always keen on border but in this case with the complimentary colour I feel it works.

Elegant - I’m ok with the shallow DoF but would like a touch more exposure to maybe lift the very black blacks.

Watery - I like this one. It’s very blue which fits the subject. It almost has a feel of a watermelon shot. The patterns of the bubbles within the ice cube are really interesting as well. I also like the sunlight type shafts of light coming in from above.

Thanks for looking in and commenting Peter :)

That is a cracking shot for Watery :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you Jill :)

Definitely watery especially when it starts to melt. Almost has a zoom burst effect in the ice cube (y)

Thanks for looking in Mandy :)

Love the shot, but yes...it's improved without the halos.
I can completely see this hanging in a kitchen!

Colours are definitely eye catching and fits the theme well. Certainly looks better for removal of the halo.

Love the shot, but yes...it's improved without the halos.
I can completely see this hanging in a kitchen!

Thanks Ruth ...I didn't feel quite as free as in my own kitchen but I was pleased with the result.

Colours are definitely eye catching and fits the theme well. Certainly looks better for removal of the halo.

Thanks Mandy :)

Nice bold colours and better without the halos, I too would like to know how these were adjusted out.

Lovely spicy take on the theme and great colours. I think I might have changed the angle slightly to get the whole of the handle of the right hand scoop in shot, but love the lighting and arrangement otherwise. Nice work as ever Susie.

Bold is bold colours indeed, nice and clean reflections too

Thanks Hazel, I had a lot of spillage from the red on and had to clone loads out, hopefully I've kept the reflections true.

Lovely spicy take on the theme and great colours. I think I might have changed the angle slightly to get the whole of the handle of the right hand scoop in shot, but love the lighting and arrangement otherwise. Nice work as ever Susie.

Thanks for looking Sara .....I did try that angle but because it threw the colours back a bit I felt it lost some impact, a good theme this week :)

Hi Susie,

Love the spices image , apart from the slight hint of colour on the background the colours are very bold bright and fresh, clever idea (y)

I'm sure Andy will soon explain for all of us how he took the colour cast out ;)

Hi Susie

I really like your image for bold the bright clours and stainless bowls really stand out on the white backgound.

Always to have 3 items in a image too (if you listen to competition judges)

Hi Susie, very bold colours indeed if not a little over saturated, nice idea to use spices

Bold and bright I guess it fits the theme ;)
Nice image and a nice edit by @posiview Andy too :)

Stonking shot Susie (y)

Forward thinking .... great idea, POV, DOF & colour.

very bold colours there Susie, great idea. I like the composition and it does look better without the halo :)

I like the composition and idea, just the halo to detract as others have said. Unfortunately I can still see it on Andy's lol. So does anyone know what causes this halo effect? Best way to avoid it? I am interested to know :)

So does anyone know what causes this halo effect? Best way to avoid it? I am interested to know :)

Me too!

And I think there's another name for it. I'd like to know because I [susie too] use Paint.net for PeePeeing, and I can't google the right tool to fix it without knowing its proper name.

Back