10 stop shots, show us what ya got!

Very nice Kat..!

My only comment would be the water possibly needs a boost of blue..?

Nice composition. How long did you wait for the Lee?

Mark

Thanks. :) I didn't do much by the way of editing on it - bar correcting white balance and cloning out sensor dirt. I quite liked the fact the blue sky made the water really blue on the one side and the grey just summed up how the sunrise had been on the other. I'll be going back if the weather ever plays ball to try and get the nice blue sea without faking it.

As for how long I had to wait. I reckon it was about 5 months? Can't remember exactly when it was ordered. I'm planning on handling it veeeeery carefully so I don't have to fork out for another and wait another 5 months.

Hope you didn't think I was being negative. It's just my view of the image and if that is what you saw from the day than that is all that matters.

Overall, very good shot..!

Just got my big stopper a week ago but love it so far. My only problem is I keep forgetting to switch everything to manual and end up having to start over again.

Here's my fav pic so far of (the much photographed) St Mary's Lighthouse at Whitely Bay at high tide.

St Mary's Lighthouse 2 by GeordieKat, on Flickr

That's a really nice shot Kat. Great composition. (Horizon looks a little off to me though)

Here's a beginner's offer

BigStopper13183SizedFramed.jpg

267/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

330 Second Exposure
f/16
ISO100

270/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Canon 17-85mm @ f/13
Exposure: 180 seconds
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 17mm

281/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

136 Seconds

Matt
MWHCVT

What amazing photos! Well done all!

Being very silly, but could someone explain '10 stop' please and how its achieved/ what you need as this looks like something I would like to do? Sorry, thanks!

SJD2011 said:
What amazing photos! Well done all!

Being very silly, but could someone explain '10 stop' please and how its achieved/ what you need as this looks like something I would like to do? Sorry, thanks!

It's a type of filter that cuts out nearly all the light that enters the lens there are a number of makes on the Market such as I use a B&W ND110 (y) if you search 10 stop filter or ND110 in google it will pull up loads of makes, a lot of people use a cheap alternative made from welding glass there's a massive thread on here for that to, not at the computer at the moment so cannot post a link to that thread :)

Matt
MWHCVT

I'm loving these, it makes me wanna have a go, not sure I would get as good results with my 1D3 ???

Back