2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

Oh blimey - that's me scuppered - still not done this week's yet :eek: Well, I've got something, but I'm not best pleased with it :LOL:

Well I know I haven't been on much this week...............but I'm sure its not Saturday! :confused: :D

Re-shoot, swirl, both........all 3 :confused:.........as if we don't have enough to think about with this 52 challenge, now we have a choice!
shakinghead.gif
:banana:

Sorry I'm behind with comments this week......I'll try catch up next week :)

Thanks Sarah you should get out more this gives us an extra half a day :)

Just photographed my Time. ..hardest photograph I have ever taken. More when upload .

Cheers

I need to get an early submission done this week, I go away Sunday evening for a week long residential course with work.
I too missed the theme coming out last night :(
I could have taken my camera into work today and got a shot or two :D That'll learn me, always have your camera with you.

Hi chaps; I just felt I needed to pop in and offer an apology to anyone that might see it. I've got lots of lovely feedback this year but I've managed to leave hardly any for anyone else. The school where I work has just been put into Special Measures so I'm pretty much working non stop every night - I'm barely finding time to take my own shots, never mind comment on anyone else's. I'm really, really sorry.

Hi chaps; I just felt I needed to pop in and offer an apology to anyone that might see it. I've got lots of lovely feedback this year but I've managed to leave hardly any for anyone else. The school where I work has just been put into Special Measures so I'm pretty much working non stop every night - I'm barely finding time to take my own shots, never mind comment on anyone else's. I'm really, really sorry.
No worries Tony... hope all gets better at work soon and you still find time to submit some images still (y)

Hmm, 'swirly'. I love finding an alternative view to themes but this...? I envisage 70 photographs of things going round appearing on the 'no comments' thread -- of which mine may be one.

just for the idiots (me) reshoot and swirl means I need to re-shoot a previous image posted and then complete a new one for swirl?

correct?

You get a choice - Do the re-shoot and ignore the theme, Do the theme and ignore the re-shoot or do both...do both.....do both go on do both you know you want to...do both....:D

Wwooohhhoooooo, I'm uptodate with comments...not for long I suspect.

Come cracking submissions and due to limited time...my crit was lacking. Oh, the irony :)

Chests all.

Wwooohhhoooooo, I'm uptodate with comments...not for long I suspect.

Come cracking submissions and due to limited time...my crit was lacking. Oh, the irony :)

Chests all.
It sure doesn't last long mate :D

any of the 52's planning on going to Slimbridge before the 3/4/2014?
Nope... not me :)

Not a crafty bump thread post by me surly :pompous:

Right...

Week 11, with Re-Shoot and Wk 'Zero' gives us 13 possible shots per person....

A show of hands please - who's for me bumping off anybody with less than 'Five' on the spreadsheet ??

I shall get my calculator out in an hour or two to count the votes either way :cautious:

Right...

A show of hands please - who's for me bumping off anybody with less than 'Five' on the spreadsheet ??

I shall get my calculator out in an hour or two to count the votes either way :cautious:

you have to manage it so what ever you decide I will disagree with :)

lol mate makes sense 6 + behind there is not much hope

Right...

Do it.

You can always put them back on again if they suddenly pop back up!

Right, major catch up of posting pics done! Sorry all for not being able to follow pics in your threads, illness and lack of time have kept me behind, plus my inspiration took a holiday too! I still have mineral to do which will come aat some point. I shall see what I can do with regards comments on other pics.

Please Mr Knight, can I be put back on the spreadsheet please :)

Hey Mr DK know I'm already behind (stuff have to deal with at home taking priority at moment) so please don't put me on wall of shame yet! To quote Arnie ' I'll be back!' This is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment ☺

Right, major catch up of posting pics done! Sorry all for not being able to follow pics in your threads, illness and lack of time have kept me behind, plus my inspiration took a holiday too! I still have mineral to do which will come aat some point. I shall see what I can do with regards comments on other pics.
Hey Michael :)

Glad you're catching up mate :)

Please Mr Knight, can I be put back on the spreadsheet please :)
Hahaaa no problem mate :)

Hey Mr DK know I'm already behind (stuff have to deal with at home taking priority at moment) so please don't put me on wall of shame yet! To quote Arnie ' I'll be back!' This is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment ☺
Awwweeee bless you Anita, you're hardly behind... and hopefully this is only keeping you a little sane (You need to be nuts to stay in :D)

Hi all, I've posted this in my TP52 thread as well, but for the widest coverage it's here as well.

I've just placed 19th in the 2014 POTY. I'm disapointed but keeping my chin up (y).

I'm making a sincere call for more critiscism of my photoraphs. I know it may not be easy to take, but placing 19th and lower for the first two months of the POTY is making me quesiton my abilities as a photgrapher.

I'm not going to quit and I'm not fishing for compliments, just hardcore crit.

I appreciate your continued feedback.

Regards.

Last edited:
Andy did you mean you're not going to quit?

FWIW there are some very strong photographers doing the POTY this year, getting anywhere is a challenge! I went from 5th (I was amazed I did so well) to last!!!!

There's nothing wrong with your photography, maybe too much time on the 52's has led to being too ambitious in your interpretations of the themes! Saying that the judging is rather harsh in the POTY!

Andy did you mean you're not going to quit?

FWIW there are some very strong photographers doing the POTY this year, getting anywhere is a challenge! I went from 5th (I was amazed I did so well) to last!!!!

There's nothing wrong with your photography, maybe too much time on the 52's has led to being too ambitious in your interpretations of the themes! Saying that the judging is rather harsh in the POTY!

Edited.

Freudian Slip :)

Hi all, I've posted this in my TP52 thread as well, but for the widest coverage it's here as well.

I've just placed 19th in the 2014 POTY. I'm disapointed but keeping my chin up (y).

I'm making a sincere call for more critiscism of my photoraphs. I know it may not be easy to take, but placing 19th and lower for the first two months of the POTY is making me quesiton my abilities as a photgrapher.

I'm not going to quit and I'm not fishing for compliments, just hardcore crit.

I appreciate your continued feedback.

Regards.

Perhaps it's time to really take the gloves off with critique Andy for those, like yourself who has requested harsh critique. Not rude or ill mannered but brutal honesty. No use of crowbar or shoehorn allowed.
Those still in this should by now have a feel for it and if it is to be a proper challenge how about we raise the stakes.

Also, when we submit our images, give more of a brief on what we were thinking, what our objectives were, not just 'I think it fits the theme because..........' but a full statement of intent.

This would be only for those who stated implicitly that they agree to the critique of course.

I wasn't intending to do the 52 this year as some may be aware, it was my intention to concentrate fully on the POTY but I couldn't help myself. Maybe it's because the 52 is more relaxed than the POTY and we are not being judged but in order for us to grow as photographers, we need the proverbial boot up the backside to help us on our way.

All of the above is IMHO but just expressing my view in response to Andy's request.

Having said all that, I am still away from home at the moment and on my iPad which is a PITA to type on so will have to leave any meaningful comments until when I return home. So apologies for my slackness in thread commenting.

Back