2015 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 we finally made it and its "Christmas" into the bargain

hi guys and girls i have not done any comments my bad ,it takes me all my time to tryyyyyyy and get my photos strait and even then i fail at it i must have a wonky eye lol ok close up as in macro or just zoom a lot?lol

close Up . well as a few of my shots this year have already included my macro lens. Think I should find this relatively easy. now where is the time to play a little catch up. I've a mouth one on my phone just need to see whether i can upload to here :thinking: crowd is likely to be early next week

Close up Eh? better dust off the macro lens and ring flash I guess.

I've 'ad a few and I've decided this isn't an easy theme.

Yeah, I can get close to a flower, or an eye ball, I've considered stacking for extreme close up detail....

I do have an idea, though.

Let the challenge begin :)

Cheers.

I've 'ad a few and I've decided this isn't an easy theme.

Yeah, I can get close to a flower, or an eye ball, I've considered stacking for extreme close up detail....

I do have an idea, though.

Let the challenge begin :)

Cheers.
Oh Dear..... I'm not sure that I want to look :eek:

Now when I ever hear close up, I always think of this cartoon, Daffy Duck in Duck Amuck!
Well it fits the bill (Sorry :D ) according to the webby thingy definition.

A close-up or closeup in filmmaking, television production,
still photography and the comic strip medium is a type of shot,
which tightly frames a person or an object

Well it fits the bill (Sorry :D ) according to the webby thingy definition.

A close-up or closeup in filmmaking, television production,
still photography and the comic strip medium is a type of shot,
which tightly frames a person or an object

I Googled Close Up and 99% were tightly framed portraits.

Close up. I might use this to try a bit of macro. Not sure any of my lenses are any good for it though (whispers 'maybe I'll have to get one, after a 18-200 anyway ;))

@Raptor Mike : You could always try a Raynox DCR 150 or 250. A cheap way into macro. They give more magnification on a longer focal length lens though. I use a DCR250 on a 55 - 200mm kit lens and am quite impressed with the results for £40.

@Raptor Mike : You could always try a Raynox DCR 150 or 250. A cheap way into macro. They give more magnification on a longer focal length lens though. I use a DCR250 on a 55 - 200mm kit lens and am quite impressed with the results for £40.

@Raptor Mike , @Leebert, Although I have never tried a Raynor I've heard good things about them for the price. First thing I bought fur macro wad a reverse ring linky

Had an idea for another Close Up. One I've been meaning to attempt for a while. Just need to get Jackie's input.

It'll be a subtle NSFW :)

Cheers.
OooooOOOoooooo now this could be interesting :)

I have a BUSY week ahead with a Business trip to Scotland on Tues and to Stoke Wed & Thursday, returning home Friday Night... Hoping to have a bit of catch up time in the hotels with any luck :)

In the meantime... I have Taken a Close-Up shot, and am now about to edit/upload, I will have to have a catch-up with my 'Crowd' image next week, as I CAN'T take my camera away with me this week :(

Last edited:
@Dark Knight... I was looking at the spreadsheet earlier and noticed I'm missing a tick for 'Mouth'. I posted it as a link only as it was a close up of a spider - I didn't want to freak any one out :eek:
Will add it in now Lee (y)

Just thought I'd pop in....
No reason.....
Honest! :whistle: :angelic:

Ho Hum ... just checking in ... just popping out to Sainsburys. See you later ....

I Spy, anyone? :LOL:

Mental week at work so hardly been on TP :( just realised its Friday. I'm off to Whitney tomorrow with Jackie to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary....i've also booked a sneaky curry for the both of us :) here's hoping for a coastal or curry related theme :) cheers.

Flying visit because it's all a bit mental at work at the moment, but this week's theme is now up and if anyone needs a reminder about reshoot weeks, here you go :
Will catch up in here properly this evening!

Enjoy :)

> RESHOOT Cards :There will be ONE RESHOOT WEEK every quarter.

Four reshoot cards have been added to the bag.
If a reshoot card has NOT been drawn at random by the end of any given a quarter, week 13, 26, 39 or 52 will automatically become the reshoot week for that quarter.

During reshoot weeks, a second card is also drawn from the bag with a new theme as usual.
Those taking part have 3 options :

a) RESHOOT a theme from any of the previous weeks (the idea is that you can have a break from thinking about another new theme and demonstrate to the world how much you've improved).

b) Shoot that week's new theme as normal ignoring the RESHOOT card.

c) Prove that you're a hardened 52er and do both. RESHOOT a previous week and shoot the new theme drawn that week.

Last edited:
:woot:

Machine, DAMN! I wish I was still at work when this was pulled!
There are some pretty big ones there.
I've either got to find an alternative, or wait till Monday now.
The re-shoot is a piece of cake, I'm over due a zoo visit :D

Machine, DAMN! I wish I was still at work when this was pulled!
There are some pretty big ones there.
I've either got to find an alternative, or wait till Monday now.
The re-shoot is a piece of cake, I'm over due a zoo visit :D

Watch out they don't keep you there Mr Slippery!!!!!

Last edited:
Back