weekly aljazzera's 52 week challenge week 52 BUSY added

Age - I love the old bear and the BG/Floor colours compliment him well.
Spread - Both great shots but think #1 just edges it with the movement in the water.

I love them both - no.1 is more on theme but I do like the water reflections on no.2 - it looks a bit like the top of the water from underneath (so the gull is flying underwater) :)

The duck version of spread gets my vote Allan.
As has been mentioned, the vivid colours in the wings, the reflection and the sense of movement all come together well. Good work Iain

Hi Allan

Age - on theme, sepia colours suit the shot. But not sure why the bear's face is not showing

Spread - 2 very good shots , both on theme and each would be a worthy entrant. Prefer #1 as a bit more movement in the shot with the blur of the wings and the falling water droplets. The b/g is more interesting whilst not distracting. great metallic feel to the water.

Hi Allan

really liking your 1st image , great thinking to capture the shadow of 2 people together , works well for me :clap: I'd maybe clone out the stray weed thing top right & ...OMG I'M gonna sound like Andy now !...can't decide on the crop , wanna lose something from one of the sides but not sure which ?

Cracking action shot of the dogs ,excellent focus ,really sharp eyes (& teeth :LOL: )(y)

Together - 2 good shots on theme.

Agree with Lynne that the stray weed on #1 looks out of place and I wonder whether the arm of the rh person would be better at his side (but presumably that one is taking the shot?) But these are minor crits.

#2 is excellent - a kind of tough togetherness, but I am sure that they are the best of friends!. Terrific focus on the top dog''s expression

Hi, Allen, Age, cracker..great vintage processing, and nice and sharp. Tad from the top, maybe.

Spread, 2 good ones but #1 for me. Well captured and really fits the theme. Lovely colours and the water off duck's back is great. Looks like it was a difficult day as you were at ISO 800. There is a little movement in the wings.

Spread 2, again well captured and I do like the reflection of the water upper right.

Together 2 is a good one but it's #1 for me. Good idea and well exposed. Crit, well minor crit is the seaweed upper right and it is a very little unlevel.

Good show, :clap:

2 very good shots those, really like them both, my choice is number 2, super timing and I love the look on the top dogs face!

Thank you Michael

Hi Allan

really liking your 1st image , great thinking to capture the shadow of 2 people together , works well for me :clap: I'd maybe clone out the stray weed thing top right & ...OMG I'M gonna sound like Andy now !...can't decide on the crop , wanna lose something from one of the sides but not sure which ?

Cracking action shot of the dogs ,excellent focus ,really sharp eyes (& teeth :LOL: )(y)

Have cloned out the stray weed thing have thought about cropping too, tried a few but settled on this. Thanks for the comment

Together - 2 good shots on theme.

Agree with Lynne that the stray weed on #1 looks out of place and I wonder whether the arm of the rh person would be better at his side (but presumably that one is taking the shot?) But these are minor crits.

#2 is excellent - a kind of tough togetherness, but I am sure that they are the best of friends!. Terrific focus on the top dog''s expression

they are best of friends and that is my arm taking the pic I agree it looks out of place. thanks

Hi, Allen, Age, cracker..great vintage processing, and nice and sharp. Tad from the top, maybe.

Spread, 2 good ones but #1 for me. Well captured and really fits the theme. Lovely colours and the water off duck's back is great. Looks like it was a difficult day as you were at ISO 800. There is a little movement in the wings.

Spread 2, again well captured and I do like the reflection of the water upper right.

Together 2 is a good one but it's #1 for me. Good idea and well exposed. Crit, well minor crit is the seaweed upper right and it is a very little unlevel.

Good show, :clap:

Thanks for the comments have removed the seaweed from the top right

I love the shadows - actually look like you are shading your eyes with your hand (from the sun) so looks fine to me

the 2nd one is a great shot but it doesn't say 'together' to me, it says 'fight' lol

Hi Allan, I forgot to comment on your Chrysalis shots, they're superb :clap: I really like the triptych, it works well. The edited version of the second shot is much better (y)

Age, what a well loved bear he is, I like the pp adding an aged feel to an aged bear (y)

Spread, I thought of this too, but didn't get any chance to do anything about it, plus your shots are better than anything I would have got (y)

Just off to look at your last shots.

Together, number one is the choice for me, I was looking and thinking about a little crop off the top where there looks like scrape marks in the sand, but it may be my eyes as I'm tired and in my phone!

Number two is a superb shot and yes they're 'together' in the photo but I agree with Summer that they both look ready to fight with teeth bared!

Together, number one is the choice for me, I was looking and thinking about a little crop off the top where there looks like scrape marks in the sand, but it may be my eyes as I'm tired and in my phone!

Number two is a superb shot and yes they're 'together' in the photo but I agree with Summer that they both look ready to fight with teeth bared!

Thanks for the comments

Hi Allan,

Catch up night for me!!

Age - what a lovely well loved bear - the processing really suits the pic as well.

Spread - I love the tones in the water of the first shot and the way you have caught the water drops as well!

Together- another 2 good ideas (I've been struggling to get one some weeks!). I can't decide between the 2. The dog pic was perfectly timed and well caught while the shadow pic is a good simple idea that works well!:)

Hi Allan. Two great Together shots. I would like to say #1 which is a nice simple take but #2 definately edges it with playful action and wild expressions on both dogs.

#1 for "Together" gets my vote Allan.
I don't mind your arm being raised in the shadow, as mentioned above, it could be to shade from the sun or look out to sea kind of pose ;)

#2 is a well timed capture but again as mentioned says more fight than together.

Up - good moon shot, like this alot.

Duo - Nice shot, the guitars have come out well.

Flow - good light trail, nice to get a good colour balance with both head and tail lights. Like the burst on the street lights too.

Friendship - great take on the theme, dogs are great friends and that bond is very special and unique. Like this capture.

Change - the tryptychs work really well for me. Fascinating subject matter and well captured.

Natural - seen a few of these when we've been out on walks. A tad dark for me but that could be my monitor. Needs a dust!

Age - well taken, again a little dark but I reference my monitor being dusty again. I am guessing it is my monitor. Well done teddy on reaching 50!

Spread -like both shots but the duck wins for me. Nice angle and colours.

Together - both shots are great for different reasons, 1st says togetherness with love and the 2nd says crazy dogs together. Great action shot!!

cards by allanhowe, on Flickr

Have had to go for the obvious no matter how hard I try to think of something nothing comes up, this is the best i could do and as its frustrating me it will have to do.

Hi Allan

Pack - on theme of course!! (y)

Like the point of focus and the dof. Hard b...ers to get in a straight line aren't they?

As a regular card player, I tink that they are better shown in colour. The b&w treatment has left the whites looking a bit grey and the whole thing looks a bit dark. Perhaps you were trying to minimise the effect of the wood grain in the table :thinking:

Hi Allan

Pack - on theme of course!! (y)

Like the point of focus and the dof. Hard b...ers to get in a straight line aren't they?

As a regular card player, I tink that they are better shown in colour. The b&w treatment has left the whites looking a bit grey and the whole thing looks a bit dark. Perhaps you were trying to minimise the effect of the wood grain in the table :thinking:

thanks
couldn't get the colour right the wb was off and couldn't rescue it so went for b+w, I agree with it being a bit dark and grey

Hi Allan, you're not the only one who has problems lining cards up straight.
Have to agree about the whites looking a bit grey. Like the idea of B/W. A coloured BG may have dominated the cards.
Sure on theme though

Hi Allan, you're not the only one who has problems lining cards up straight.
Have to agree about the whites looking a bit grey. Like the idea of B/W. A coloured BG may have dominated the cards.
Sure on theme though

Thanks

The greyness has been mentioned but I like the idea of the angle you've taken these at. Part of me wanted the cards to be ordered correctly :LOL:

OCD kicking in?

perfect - I love it, the 2nd one is an improvement but the 1st one would have done for me :clap:

Hi Allan

your re-edit is way better , much nicer whites & blacker blacks , good idea for the theme as well (y) My OCD still wants them to be totally straight though :eek:

I'd like to see a colour version and agree with Lynne, these kind of photographs work better, IMO, with perfect symmetry.

Good idea and well executed.

Cheders.

Pencils by allanhowe, on Flickr

A companion piece to last weeks wonky cards heres wonky pencils

Graffiti by allanhowe, on Flickr

I think graffiti is sometimes art and although this is not obvious the letters used and the message is somewhat art by mistake rather than design

Hi, Allan, # 1, b&w works well because of the contrast between the darks and lights. Liking the perspective and composition. I think I may have focused in the pencil numbers.

#2, well spotted and nice humour. Great colours in the brickwork.

Cheers.

I like the pencils, I can see why you focused on the word artist to fit the theme, but like Andy says I think the numbers would have been good in focus too (or instead ). I love the brick one but they need to be straightened a wee bit (and I don't have ocd lol, honest), here's a victory dance :banana: :)

Hi, Allan, # 1, b&w works well because of the contrast between the darks and lights. Liking the perspective and composition. I think I may have focused in the pencil numbers.

#2, well spotted and nice humour. Great colours in the brickwork.

Cheers.

Thanks

I like the pencils, I can see why you focused on the word artist to fit the theme, but like Andy says I think the numbers would have been good in focus too (or instead ). I love the brick one but they need to be straightened a wee bit (and I don't have ocd lol, honest), here's a victory dance :banana: :)

The trouble with the brickwork is the angle i was standing at to take the photo couldn't get straight on.

Back