weekly aljazzera's 52 week challenge week 52 BUSY added

Hi, there, lovely colours and composition. Bang on theme.

My only crit, I'd like to see the FG glass (?) level with the other 2, or out a better way, the bands on the glass the same.

Cheers.

oh yes that one is stunning :clap:

Hi Allan

Glow - #1 - some lovely colours in there and very crisp in the centre and rear. The front green one has a slightly different alignment to the others , which is a pity. Original idea for theme(y)

#2 - good capture of the light, good comp and like the starburst. Being really picky, there are 3 or 4 holes that have small dark patches in them, prob other holes at the rear of the sphere.

#2 for glow gets my vote Allan.
Great composition and framing. The starburst effect from the front works well too as does the background lights. Can't fault it at all (y)

Round, bang on theme but needs a little bit of something else :thinking:
I think maybe context as to what it is, I'm not sure. Sorry being a bit vague but just can't quite put my finger on it. Iain

Great lighting on that one, super bg and I like the bit of colour in there.

Just seen the 2nd glow shot, that's even better than your first. Well done.

Thank you

#2 for glow gets my vote Allan.
Great composition and framing. The starburst effect from the front works well too as does the background lights. Can't fault it at all (y)

Round, bang on theme but needs a little bit of something else :thinking:
I think maybe context as to what it is, I'm not sure. Sorry being a bit vague but just can't quite put my finger on it. Iain

I can see what you mean but my main concern was that it is round. its some kind of large seed pod? as far as i can tell the end has been cut off

Hi Allan

Shadow....like the mono, the tree's framing you & the length of the shadow....how tall are you ??:LOL: To be honest I dodn't notice any noise or blown bits ...well spotted & taken (y)

Glow.....much as I liked your image I'm bowled over by your 2nd one....that is just fab :clap::clap: Cracking star burst , lovely tone to the lights...beautiful......just perfect for a christmas card imo (y)

Round...quick thinking & a good shot mister , like the colors , the angle....evertything in fact...:clap:

Round: good shot! I especially like the lighting; how did you do that?

I quite like the minimalist feel to this one. The placing of the subject certainly helps with the composition on this one. Lighting wise you've certainly cracked the black background. Well done.

Hi, round is lovely, lighting is spot on with a good black background. I love the colours on this as well. As Peter said positioning like you havereally adds to the picture as well! Well done!:):)

Hi, Allan, Round, like it. Minimal at its best. Great composition and lighting.

Crit, well once again and as I've done with other members posts, I'm going to be very critical of small points. Now, on my iPad the lighting on the rim appears uneven, that is the top of the seed is a bit dark as is around 7 o'clock. At the risk of labouring the point, I'm being very critical of a minor point, but I do believe in pointing out these points (y)

Cheers.

Oh, forgot to add, it does have an optical illusion effect. Hard to explain but I know the entrance, so to speak, is from the left, but when viewed sometimes it could be from the right :D

absolutely love this one, mainly because as Andy said, it is an optical illusion. When I first saw it I thought it was taken at the bottom of a well looking up, or beneath a vertical shaft of somesort. I only realised what it was after reading the comments, so well done, really like it, it makes you think and that's what (to me) photography is all about :)

Negative space, bang in theme, you've done really well with the blacks and the lights seem to be floating which adds another point of interest. The star is well defined.

Id prefer landscape but it might not have been possible.

Nice early post.

Cheers.

Hi Allan, its already been said above, but simple, effective, bang on theme, well spotted. Perfect (y)

I love that Allan, perfect fit for the theme. Can't fault it. I like how it looks like a shooting star!

Last one

Busy by allanhowe, on Flickr

Busy its visually busy

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments and crit throughout the past year I hope I've improved from the start I think i have :thinking: also would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy Christmas.
Will probably do the next 52 :wacky:

That's really really nice Allan. My wife suggested busy in this sense, but I couldn't work out how to do it; you've managed fantastically well :)

I really must do that with my concert tickets; neat idea!

Nice one Alan (y)
No explanation required, visually busy but also underlying that is you have been busy attending all those concerts.
Photographically wise, I like the colours and composition it has a vintage feel about it too, don't know if that's intentional in your pp or it was as is. Either way it suits the subject. To me perfect (y) cheers Iain

Even with my musical taste I recognise some of those acts :LOL:

Says busy to me in a couple of ways - both concert going and the display of all those tickets.

Congratulations on completing your 52.

Hi Allan :)

Catch up time, sorry but it will be brief as I want to get comments up to date :)

Shadow - Damn your tall :D

Very strong shadows, a great time of day to do this shot - like the framing between the trees :)

Glow - Now they are interesting, I like them, loads of different colours, not sure how you have done it but it's very effective

Glow 2 - Great starburst, like the light/spots radiating around, a good image !!!

Round - Nice pastel colours against the black background, the composition works well for me and the directional lighting, like it (y)

Negative - As said on Iain's, I like this negative space, the B&W of yours works very well, very festive and spot on for the theme :)

Busy - A good take on the theme, I wish I had thought of that as I have loads of gig tickets, a great finish to your 2012's 52, of which I have enjoyed visiting - Well done mate :clap:

Wow Allan, I've missed quite a few of yours too :bonk:

Shadow, wow that's long or are you just very tall? Great definition maintained throughout and the B&W works well. Can't help thinking it looks like you need an axe or something in it :eek:

Glow, I can't fault that at all, love how it fills the shot. There are a few hit spots on the middle and LH one but their no major issues.
I like the second glow too, in fact I think I prefer this one, the starburst looks great :clap: A really minor crit would be one of the light spots at the top looks odd, like a little catchlight or something in it, I would have cloned that out! But like I said it's minor.

Round, nice composition and colours, I would never have guessed what it was!

Negative, that looks one humongous tree! Very seasonal (y) Great use of negative space.

Busy, oooo you have been to a lot of concerts. Superb detail throughout.

Well done for finishing your 52 :clap:

Allan,

The Value one isn't in this thread yet.

All i can say is it's brilliant mate. Fantastic image. Sadly, i can't post my image as it is complete pants after seeing yours

:LOL: This is Allan's 2012 thread Alan.

Back