weekly B-S'S 52 FOR 2015 Watery

You could have Cobb led together a tune surely :p

My fave swan pic of the week so far, and, by god there have been a few :clap::clap:

Thank you Jill, your review and comments are much appreciated !! :) It's a shame about the Mute tune, could have done really well with a Trumpeter !!:p

You have both been reading my joke book again haven't you? :p

Nice DoF Barney, but again, I think a levels boost wouldn't hurt ;)

What ever makes you think I've been reading your joke book :p
This week I will be mainly reading - Bewick's British Birds :D

On the plus side, I've just finished the new Bond movie dvd cover ;)
New Bond Movie - Coming Soon by still.driftingpembrokeshire, on Flickr

Hi Barney, I did wonder about the lighthouse, but the back story is a fascinating one. Great focus on the subject but it does seem a little dark.

Loving 007 swan, can't wait for that film, Daniel Craig has a challenger! The second shot of your swan is a better one for the composition though but it is too dark for me. Spot metering is good for swans, makes them white and background darker :)

Thank you Marsha, I couldn't resist the bond theme when I noticed his little p-007 tag,
I prefer the second Swan image too, but as with the lighthouse, I'm really not pleased with the focus,
so a little trick I've learned is to darken the image, which seems to make them sharper I think,
I'm wondering if my pc screen is set to bright though, and I'm over doing things, I'm looking to get a prime lens soon,
so hopefuly won't feel the need to darken to much. Thanks for the tip on spot metering, that's something I'm not familiar with at the moment,
but must learn more about.
Thanks for the review, much appreciated !! :)

Watery; Well this theme is right up my street, seeing as 99% of my images contain this element,
my watery images are nowhere near as creative as some of the others submitted though, but for me there's no more watery than the Sea. I've not been out there since last year, So I'd like to submit 2 images, one from my last boat trip, and one from down the beach the other day.

Rogue Wave by still.driftingpembrokeshire, on Flickr

Watercolours by still.driftingpembrokeshire, on Flickr

Barney I love that first watery shot.
The simplicity and the colours....I wouldn't change a thing.

Did you get wet? :LOL:

I like them both Barney (y)
Now you just need to photoshop a lion surfing in the first one and you're sorted :D

Love the first one ... about as watery as it gets and love the colours and movement in the waves. Second one, not so keen, to be honest. I like the reflected sunset in the water, but think the rocks lack a bit of definition. Nice shots though,

Barney I love that first watery shot.
The simplicity and the colours....I wouldn't change a thing.

Did you get wet? :LOL:

Thanks Ruth, Much appreciated !! :)
And yes I was bloomin saturated, lol, but loved every bit of it. (y)

I like them both Barney (y)
Now you just need to photoshop a lion surfing in the first one and you're sorted :D

Cheers Chris Much appreciated !! :)
LOL !! Surfing Lion, now that would be cool !! (y)

Love the first one ... about as watery as it gets and love the colours and movement in the waves. Second one, not so keen, to be honest. I like the reflected sunset in the water, but think the rocks lack a bit of definition. Nice shots though,

Thank you Sara,
I agree with your thoughts on the second, I was unsure whether to upload that one, I'm disappointed with the rocks and sky in that image, I was quite happy with the reflection too,
maybe I could enhance by blurring more outside of the flooding rock-pool. I'll have to revisit this little pool I think, and try in a better light.
Thanks again for your review and comments, Much appreciated !! :)

Watery

Number one for me Barney, cracking colours and energy.

Phil

Cheers Phil Much appreciated !! :)

Really like the first one Barney - lovely shot and great movement.

Second one has all the elements that I love. I have a real soft spot for silhouettes and there are gorgeous colours in the reflection.
The silhouettes dominate a bit too much for me though - proportionally, just a bit too much darkness oberwhelming the colours within in the image, so have to agree with Sara and say that I'd like more definition in the rocks.

Really like the first one Barney - lovely shot and great movement.

Second one has all the elements that I love. I have a real soft spot for silhouettes and there are gorgeous colours in the reflection.
The silhouettes dominate a bit too much for me though - proportionally, just a bit too much darkness oberwhelming the colours within in the image, so have to agree with Sara and say that I'd like more definition in the rocks.

Thank you Sarah, Much appreciated !! :)
I really must try recomposing that image, I like the silhouette look myself, but must admit it does dominate the scene a touch to much.

I prefer the first one theme wise.Very simple and dramatic.

Cheers Stan, Much appreciated !! :)

Hi Barney ....first time to your thread I think, but I've thoroughly enjoyed taking a look at your images ...your love of the sea is reflected in your photos ....looking forward to seeing lots more over the coming weeks :)

Thank you Susie, Much appreciated !!
It's fair to say I do love the Sea. :)

Thank you all again for taking the time to review my images, and apologies to those who's work I've not commented on yet, but will very soon. :)

Cheers Andy, Much appreciated !! :)
I've tried raising the shadow but, that looks worse, I think need to find a better rock-pool, the rocks in my image are covered in dark seaweed, on dark volcanic rock, and thinking about it, I forgot to remove the polarized filter, I was hoping for more natural light and time to search the beach, but time and tide and all that, so I think I rushed it tbh.

Watery - two great images to choose from but the second one for me I love the colours.

Both images have appeal to me. love the coolness of No1 and the warmth of No2

Thank you Ladies your kind comments are much appreciated, :)
I still feel I rushed that image though, and maybe different camera settings or comp would get a better result, so I nipped out for another try at watery last night, with better results than the last one I think, but I'm sure improvements can be made,
my final entry for watery.

He who seeks rest finds boredom. He who seeks work finds rest. by still.driftingpembrokeshire, on Flickr

Back