weekly Blondie606 52 2015...Wk 17 Heat

Hi Lynne - I like the seal shot but for me the sunset shot is a cracker. The lilac and pink sky and reflections, the reflection of the little tree on the water, there is just so much to see I keep going back for another look :clap:

Hi Lynne

I think the sunset version is the strongest for me, just with slightly less pink. I do really love that reflection at the end!

Hey Lynne[emoji4]
Beautiful colours to the little boat shot but how can you resist the faces on the seals?! The one at the front looks like thinking "what ya doin' over there camera lady??" [emoji23] love it

Seals, yep I can live with that! Very nice Lynne (y)
(I'm trying to work out if that's a breaking wave behind the other two, or a sly gob shot though ;) )

TBH I'm not sure about all that pinkness though, in the watery grave.
(Strange that Eh? :D)
Its a really nice image nonetheless :)

Cheers Chris.....the bit at the back is a flipper just breaking the surface, was tempted to clone it out but forgot :oops: :$ As for the pinkiness.....hmmmm..it was a weird sky but maybe , just maybe I pushed the sat slider a smidge too far :rolleyes:

Hi Lynne

seals are soo cute, will have to find the time to go to Norfolk one day - fits the theme just right and they're even looking at the camera, clever seals. The 2nd one is a lovely shot too tho the grass and the boat seem to have a slight pink tinge to them, I wonder what it would look like with the sats taken right down, to give it a 70s faded polaroid kinda look :p

Thanks Summer...Donna Nook is fabulous but a proper hike across the dunes to get to the water ! Fron October to December the seals are right up on the beach , you're literally less than a foot away from them....well worth a trip (y) I got frustrated with the sunset shot hence the extra pinkiness:(

Like both of those I think the first shot has probably sealed any holes in the sinking boat on the second:rolleyes:
No1 is a great shot was it luck they were there or is it somewhere where you get seals quite often? I like the way they are both looking at the camera mournfully! Nice bit of movement in the waves makes it look real ( not something from a sea, sanctuary).

No2 yep right up my street very nice subtle tones in the sky, nothing wrong with those lovely evening pink tones in the sky. Great silhouetted reflection of the tree on the horizon makes a great anchor. With lovely reflections running all through the river. Nice lead in the bank running down to the tree. And I nice focal point of the sad little boat. Works for me(y)

Cheers Steve...as above , October - november is seal breeding time & Donna Nook is a sanctuary for them upwards of 1800 of them there during those months. January & Feb you need to hike across the dunes to the waters edge to see them playing in the waves but it's well worth a trip (y)
I've been riding that road for about 10 years now & that little boat has never moved !

Hiya Lynne, the pp works a treat on the seals, I like the composition too. Landscape shot is very nice too, would to see a slightly more de-saturated look to it to tone down the pink.

Thaks Michael , I'm sure I'll have plenty more opportunities to shot that boat , next time I'll get it right:)

I'm surprised, I love the seals; by far the better shot for my tastes.

Thanks Martin (y)

What a belting sky, and reflections.

Pity you couldn't get closer to the boat :)

Cheers.

Did ya see how steep that banking is :bat:

Watery has a very good DoF for the photo. It draws you to the seals and the surrounding choppy water is not too distracting to draw the attention away.

The watery grave has some beautiful tone in in the sky and its carried through into the water very nicely. I echo posiview's comments about getting closer to the boat though but it looks like an awkward place to get closer to!

Thanks Rob.....(y) Y yup...not a prayer of getting any closer to that boat , unless I can find another boat to row :)

loving both shots, better go and do a bit of reading in a bit on PP effects. The watery grave shot is very appealing although I am a little bit distracted by the pink effect which has slightly distracted me from the whole image. But love the pic none the less (y)

Cheers Mandy...I picked up the idea from canon togger & her polar bear shot in last years POTY...not perfect but pleased enough for a 1st attempt :)

Watery - I love both images no crit to offer.

Cheers Mandy :)

Hi Lynne

Love the seals shot. cute buggers in their watery home!
I like the second shot too, but as previously mentioned, the pinkness is a little much....though sometimes there's no legislating for sunset colours!

Cheers Viv (y) & yeah....sunset colors drive me nuts !

Hi Lynne,

seals - what's not to like? Nicely processed too.

I like the composition of the second shot, but I agree with what the others have said about the pinkness being a little...too pink?

Thanks Lorraine...I'll ease off the sat sliders if I ever get another sunset (y)

Hi Lynne ... two very different shots and I like both very much. I don't know about PPing seals but it looks good and detailed. Actually I think the second image comes tops with me ... the desolation. (y)

Cheers David ...glad someone likes the 2nd shot :kiss:

Hi Lynne ....interesting processing on the seals ....I actually prefer the other one on Flickr where the heads are very close together.

I love the boat shot .....it has a really nice tranquil feel to it. Great aspect with the tree at the end and the reflection.

Thanks Susie...i was torn over which seal image to use :thinking: & yayyy..another liker for the 2nd shot :kiss:

Watery - I like both photos for different reasons but the Seals win for me. I really like what you have done in PP (y)

cheers Lee (y)

Hi Lynne

Has to be the seal shot for me.
Nice composition, the look like the have there eyes on you.

Thanks Darren...they were indeed watching me....probably wondering if I'd lost the plot completely :D

Hi Lynne - I like the seal shot but for me the sunset shot is a cracker. The lilac and pink sky and reflections, the reflection of the little tree on the water, there is just so much to see I keep going back for another look :clap:

Awwww...cheers Jill :kiss:

Hi Lynne

I think the sunset version is the strongest for me, just with slightly less pink. I do really love that reflection at the end!

Many thanks Hazel (y)

Hey Lynne[emoji4]
Beautiful colours to the little boat shot but how can you resist the faces on the seals?! The one at the front looks like thinking "what ya doin' over there camera lady??" [emoji23] love it

Thanks Ferg ...i just love going to see the seals, they're just sooooo cute ;)

Right,,I've spent the last week up to my ears in moto x shots so late again posting here! I was gonna post a moto x shot but then thought of this.....not really my favorite ever shot but it fits the theme....3 strong bold colors....

Wk 7 Bold by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Really wanted red on the left but my red card has faded to pink so went with orange instead , still contrast nicely with the green & yellow though me thinks .

I'll finish my commenting catch up tomorrow as the weather forecast looks totally dire which also means I can get my Relax shot done :D

Cheers & thanks for looking & commenting (y)

Hi Lynne, very bold love the three colours, especially the yellow of the petals, very bold indeed:clap:

also love the Seals pic for watery both good shots but I like wildlife

oohh I think the orange works better tbh but I love it - very bold *love bright colours* only niggle is the watermark, sorry

Hey that's nice ... an interesting approach. Love the bright dual coloured OOF BG. (y)

Hi Lynne, very nice bold colours there - a bit like instant sunshine - just what's needed on a day like this :)

Bold indeed. Very vivid colors.

I know why you user the watermark, so won't mention it :)

I think a square crop would work better and I'd prefer a more defined transition from green to orange.

Nice detail in the petals and the stigma, if that's what it's called.

Cheers.

Flower is very sharp and bold. Good use of lighting; no burnouts, no dark patches.

Hi Lynne, good work on getting up to date, just this weeks to go and you can relax (see what I did there?) :D

I like your bold image, the vibrant colours are certainly bold.
You always have done flower shots well, and this is no exception.
Small crit, but I might liked to have seen the whole flower, edge to edge I mean, not clipping the outside petals but apart from that, from me (y)

Very Nice, clear and sharp and BOLD... one thing I think I would like to see is a letterbox crop (removing the top third) I wonder how many configurations did you try?

Ian's beat me to it so I have to save the Frankie goes to Hollywood joke for someone elses '52 :)

See you on Saturday matey.

B.

Bold, that definitely works for me Lynne,
loads of detail in the flower too (y)

Very Nice, clear and sharp and BOLD... one thing I think I would like to see is a letterbox crop (removing the top third) I wonder how many configurations did you try?

Ian's beat me to it so I have to save the Frankie goes to Hollywood joke for someone elses '52 :)

B.

We should be a comedy double act Brian, obviously i will be the funny one, you the straight man ;)

The seals are fantastic and bold absolutely spot on would have even worked on a black background with such a bold yellow and great detail (y)

Yeah, that's bold. It's a strong image, really vibrant colours, the composition is spot on and the detail in the petals is nice and sharp. The only thing I'm not sure about is the transition between the green and orange, but I wouldn't know how to improve it.

Well done Lynne :clap: Very bold colours and I like the way there is only half the flower in the bottom. However, I'd rather look at crossers than flowers any time ;)

Have to say I really like your Bold shot. The colours compliment each other really well as does the sharpness of the flower vs the OOF of the background. My OCD would have been tempted to yank that curling errant petal at 2 o'clock, but that's a really minor, obsessive point.

Strange that I found it the hardest theme (for me) so far but have seen so many brill entries for it.

Hi Lynne, very bold love the three colours, especially the yellow of the petals, very bold indeed:clap:

also love the Seals pic for watery both good shots but I like wildlife

Thanks Allan :)

oohh I think the orange works better tbh but I love it - very bold *love bright colours* only niggle is the watermark, sorry

Cheers Summer , sorry bout the watermark :(

Hey that's nice ... an interesting approach. Love the bright dual coloured OOF BG. (y)

Cheers David (y)

Very colourful and very bright and bold

Thanks Stan :)

Hi Lynne, very nice bold colours there - a bit like instant sunshine - just what's needed on a day like this :)

It made me feel brighter that's for sure ,thanks Lorraine (y)

Bold indeed. Very vivid colors.

I know why you user the watermark, so won't mention it :)

I think a square crop would work better and I'd prefer a more defined transition from green to orange.

Nice detail in the petals and the stigma, if that's what it's called.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy...tried the square crop & yup , think you may be right ;) it's Stamen by the way :p

Flower is very sharp and bold. Good use of lighting; no burnouts, no dark patches.

Cheers Martin (y)

Hi Lynne, good work on getting up to date, just this weeks to go and you can relax (see what I did there?) :D

I like your bold image, the vibrant colours are certainly bold.
You always have done flower shots well, and this is no exception.
Small crit, but I might liked to have seen the whole flower, edge to edge I mean, not clipping the outside petals but apart from that, from me (y)

Thanks for popping in Iain......I couldn't decide whether to keep all the petals in or try to clip a few either side.....opeted for the latter as they were'nt symmetrical.....will doubtless try again at some point this year (y)

B.

hiya Matey...thanks for popping in :wave: I tried wayyyy too many combinations including your suggestion :arghh: decided against letter box as wanted to keep lots of the 2 background colors in:p

Bold, that definitely works for me Lynne,
loads of detail in the flower too (y)

Cheers Chris...not the most exciting of photo's but the bright colors cheered me up :)

Bold. Really like the strong colours, they put me in a caribbean mood :) shame about the curling petal

Hi Chris....I did get tempted to pull that curler out but didn't want to risk damaging the rest of petals......I can be real clumsy sometimes :D

The seals are fantastic and bold absolutely spot on would have even worked on a black background with such a bold yellow and great detail (y)

Cheers Simon, I was tempted to go for a black BG but thought I'd have a change........will probably try it next time I buy a flower as you've given me an idea ,cheers for that (y)

Regardless of the fact that you've not used Complimentary Colours, I think Bold works really well. Very sharp exactly where you want it too. :)

Thanks Tim :)

BOLD

Works for me Lynne.
I think you have been very clever in using the colour you have for the BG as they just make the flower jump out.
The square crop also works well.

Cheers Darren , :)

Yeah, that's bold. It's a strong image, really vibrant colours, the composition is spot on and the detail in the petals is nice and sharp. The only thing I'm not sure about is the transition between the green and orange, but I wouldn't know how to improve it.

Thanks Nick...I think I needed to stick the 2 bits of card together all the way down the join instead of just top n bottom...that'll teach me to be lazy :oops: :$

Well done Lynne :clap: Very bold colours and I like the way there is only half the flower in the bottom. However, I'd rather look at crossers than flowers any time ;)

Cheers Mike.......& yes.....crossers are awesome but a change is as good as a rest (y)

Have to say I really like your Bold shot. The colours compliment each other really well as does the sharpness of the flower vs the OOF of the background. My OCD would have been tempted to yank that curling errant petal at 2 o'clock, but that's a really minor, obsessive point.

Strange that I found it the hardest theme (for me) so far but have seen so many brill entries for it.

Thanks Ian.....that blasted curler will bug me now :banghead:

Week 9 ( REALLY ? Already ?)

The weekend was forecast to be grim so no moto x for me :crying: But I had an idea for an indoors shot so the timing was spot on :D I decided to find out what Woody had been up to as I'd not seen much of him recently ...........apparently he's been relaxing on the beach whist his mate annoyed him by playing with the football nearby....

Wk 8 Relax by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Quite happy with this one , (originally used a variation for a POTY entry last year ) 2 images blended as I only have one small Woody & I wanted everything in focus plus pp'd the clouds in ( sunday's grey skies didn't really fit the scene!) using a brush ..

Thanks for looking (y)

Delightful little montage, you must have a lot of patience.

Great idea. This is why i'm enjoying this challenge ... it's making me look at other people's idea and try new stuff myself (with varying degrees of success .... but hey .... ).

You've carried this one off really well. Nice one ...

Beautiful shots Lynne,

certainly on theme, i love both watery shots but if i had to pick i love the canal/river shot, the colours and composition draw me in perfectly. the Bold shot, well... its most definitely bold, brilliantly sharp and excellent light, nice job!

edit: whoops forgot relax, nicely lit, im not always fond of these wooden model shots but you've swayed me, its a nice take on the theme and different. i like it

Last edited:
BOLD.....Absolitely love it. The end :)

RELAX....What amazes me is that you have the "bits and peices" to come up with this, just laying around the house! :LOL:
Most definitely fits the theme. :)

Back