weekly Blondies 2012 52 wk52 BUSY - Finished !

Really, really good shots - I think I like the colour too - it's almost surreal!

Thanks manda.....ran the shot through photomatix cos I'm just loving the effects (y)

Hi Lynne
Industry - well done on taking aphoto at all with the difficulties you descibe. (y) You have worked hard to get the image and I think worth it. Nice to see a great big scale of industry and just enough detail in the lower half with the windows to get an idea of the scale. If you could have got the floor and a human in as well that would have been perfect - but so difficult if you do not have proper access. I like the colour version far more as i think that it makes the scene more real.

Thanks SP....glad you like...strangely enough I avoided taking any shots with the few people that were wandering around....hmmm , maybe I should have included them :shrug:

Well I'm splitting from the herd and going for the black and white I think. I didn't really notice the verticals on first look so they can't be that bad!

Thanks Ivan....think I need to work more on my mono conversions but glad you like it (y)

Another one for the colour Lynne. Nice shot.

Cheers MM :)

Hey Lynne - quick catch up :)

Secure - That's a cracking shot, I can't fault it, nicely thought, staged and taken

Industry - Oooooo like that too, the colour is my fav of the 2, and you say taken through a fence - Excellent (y)

Your on a roll now... look forward to your next shot (y)

Hi DK....thanks for commenting...secure seems to be a bigger hit than I expected for a slightly rushed shot :LOL:
Glad you like the Industry image....color is def tops for me too (y)
Might take a another shot of the factory & post it this weekend so you all can see what the problems were

I will start commenting on all your posts tomorrow...been busy editing shots from sunday all evening :D

Oh yes, I really like your 2nd industry submission lovely sky with rising smoke and a nice stack. The foreground cropped out works a treat!

Love the 2nd go at Industry, especially in the snow :)

Such a beautiful landscape with the blot nicely on the 3rd....

Hi Lynne, i like your take on the secure theme. It works well. As for industry it's a tough one for me this week as there isn't much in the way of obvious industry around my neck of the woods, but you seem to have a pick of locations!! Out of your first entries I prefer the colour version works well IMO. The pick of the bunch though is your second submission. A great shot. I like the contrast between the beautiful landscape and the factory smack bang in the middle of it. The snow really works well and you've managed to capture a great sky :clap:

Great second shot. I'll admit to being torn though as the first was overtly 'industrial' but due to the issue with the fence and how you took it it doesnt have that planned, framed shot feel. The second however has that planned look but isnt as overtly industrial.

Decision time... Its the second for me :D

Oh yes, I really like your 2nd industry submission lovely sky with rising smoke and a nice stack. The foreground cropped out works a treat!

Cheers Nick...I keep looking at this imahe & have spotted several things I'm not happy with so may have a re-edit at some point (y)

I think it number 2 for me I like the cloud looming over the hill

thanks for popping in & glad you like it :)

#2 is v good - beautiful muted colours and a good composition. Quite moody

Cheers SP (y)

Love the 2nd go at Industry, especially in the snow :)

Such a beautiful landscape with the blot nicely on the 3rd....

Thanks Martin...it's definately a blot on the landscape...out near castleton ( which is beautiful) but fairly well hidden

Hi Lynne, i like your take on the secure theme. It works well. As for industry it's a tough one for me this week as there isn't much in the way of obvious industry around my neck of the woods, but you seem to have a pick of locations!! Out of your first entries I prefer the colour version works well IMO. The pick of the bunch though is your second submission. A great shot. I like the contrast between the beautiful landscape and the factory smack bang in the middle of it. The snow really works well and you've managed to capture a great sky :clap:

Thanks TH...there have to be some advantages to living round here :LOL:

Great second shot. I'll admit to being torn though as the first was overtly 'industrial' but due to the issue with the fence and how you took it it doesnt have that planned, framed shot feel. The second however has that planned look but isnt as overtly industrial.

Decision time... Its the second for me :D

Thanks Oakster....the 1st is def a take what I could get shot...darned inconsiderate of them to put blooming big fences up :bang:

I will throw my vote in for colour version too Lynne. I like the very subtle use of HDR on this. The colour tones in the rust on the chimney stacks work well. It is a subject which works well in B&W, but the colour version wins it for me.

I am glad you got your photography mojo back, I can sympathise with you on that score at times. Iain

I will throw my vote in for colour version too Lynne. I like the very subtle use of HDR on this. The colour tones in the rust on the chimney stacks work well. It is a subject which works well in B&W, but the colour version wins it for me.

I am glad you got your photography mojo back, I can sympathise with you on that score at times. Iain

Thanks Iain....I've just bought photomatix & am amazed at what you can do with it....

kinda hoping that my mojo sticks around long enough for weeks 7-52 :)

Some pretty darn good industry shots Lynne, very different in style. I like the way the cloud is building in the last shot. ;)

Thanks Iain....I've just bought photomatix & am amazed at what you can do with it....

kinda hoping that my mojo sticks around long enough for weeks 7-52 :)

I too have just recently acquired photomatix Lynne. Don't say that too loud round these parts, some see HDR as the devils work :LOL:

You'll be fine, the 52 needs you and your hard work commenting on everyones threads. You set a good example of what its all about supporting/encouraging each other. Iain

Hi Lynne, missed the last couple of weeks

Secure - what a great take on the theme, and don't beat yourself up, it works very well.

Industry - well for a start being born and brought up in your neck of the woods i recognise both of those, and i'm finding it difficult to pick between the colour version of the first 2, and the overall composition and lighting of the second submission, whatever they're both cracking

Some pretty darn good industry shots Lynne, very different in style. I like the way the cloud is building in the last shot. ;)

Thanks for popping in...appreciate it (y)

I too have just recently acquired photomatix Lynne. Don't say that too loud round these parts, some see HDR as the devils work :LOL:

You'll be fine, the 52 needs you and your hard work commenting on everyones threads. You set a good example of what its all about supporting/encouraging each other. Iain

Ssshhhhh don't mention the HDR thing....:LOL: Hell....I don't care...I'm loving it :D

I do try to support/encourage everyone....I got so much support last year....think it kept me going at times , so am trying to give back a little . It is taking an age to get round everyone though...I will make it before the weekend & week 7 though (y)

Hi Lynne, missed the last couple of weeks

Secure - what a great take on the theme, and don't beat yourself up, it works very well.

Industry - well for a start being born and brought up in your neck of the woods i recognise both of those, and i'm finding it difficult to pick between the colour version of the first 2, and the overall composition and lighting of the second submission, whatever they're both cracking

Thanks Liz.....it still baffles me that what I think is a carp shot can get so well recieved & vicky versa at times !

Glad you like Industry....(y)

:bat:

Mojo's back, I see.

#2 is great. I like the muted colours and it's very well composed.

I really like the wisp of smoke in the centre and I'm glad you left the slither of snow covered foreground.

Good work...(y)

Secure, like the idea for secure. I would maybe put the padlock at the front of the picture.

Industry is typical industry (the latest one), says industry all over!! Good good shot.

Last edited:
Now I do like your second attempt at industry.

Can I borrow some of your mojo? Mine has gone on holiday!

Thanks TG....if I have any spare I'll send it over :LOL:

Secure, like the idea for secure. I would maybe put the padlock at the front of the picture.

Industry is typical industry (the latest one), says industry all over!! Good good shot.

Many thanks Alex (y)

Love it! atmosphere is great! top shot! :clap:

Cheers Claws :)

Great shot.

Thanks (y)

Love it nice one

Glad you like it ...it's growing on me

That is a great image, composition, colour, atmosphere - love it!

Thanks Gramps

Hi Blondie

I like this one a lot more than your #1 and #2
The subdued colours, the composition and the wisp of smoke in the middle of shot. Mike

cheers for popping Mike (y)

Now that really is a wonderful picture; I love everything about it!

Hello again. I really like your take on secure and well shot. It's a good variation from the theme. Good work.

I much prefer the second industry shot, the long crop makes a good shot. The hope cement works, personally I think it's a nice contrast in that area, I have seen some corking shots around there in the early morning. I am envious of people living in Derbyshire. I was born in grass moor just outside chesterfield but now live in Norfolk but I would move back there tomorrow.

definitely definitely the 2nd go at industry. Love it. (is that hope cement works?)

Last edited:
That second Industry sure is a cracker, love the wide crop - really liking it (y)

Cheers DK...Think it's growing on me...couple of bits that need sorting but ,yeah...agree with you :)

Really like the latest take on industry Lynne, very atmospheric. Excellent work :)

Thanks RR (y)

Hiya Lynne, the black and white version of your first industry is my preferred one of those. Your latest submission is really good Lynne. I like the wide field of view.

Cheers for popping in michael.... think there's a good image in there somewhere...need to work on my B&W but pleased you like it (y)

Now that really is a wonderful picture; I love everything about it!

Thanks SD :)

number 2 industry look realy good, love the soft colours in the sky.

Thanks MM...credit to photmatix for helping me with the sky colors :LOL:

Hello again. I really like your take on secure and well shot. It's a good variation from the theme. Good work.

I much prefer the second industry shot, the long crop makes a good shot. The hope cement works, personally I think it's a nice contrast in that area, I have seen some corking shots around there in the early morning. I am envious of people living in Derbyshire. I was born in grass moor just outside chesterfield but now live in Norfolk but I would move back there tomorrow.

Thanks Dan....have passed the cement works many times & never gave it a
2nd glance but it sprang to mind straightaway with the theme

definitely definitely the 2nd go at industry. Love it. (is that hope cement works?)

Cheers Stephen...yup , Hope Cement works(y)

OMG....whats happening with the theme's this year :shrug: Spent a while googling or some much needed inspiration & decided it was either a case of go with the obvious or hope my pp skills had suddenly taken a mahoooosive leap forward.....obvious it is then :lol

Root2a by llj666, on Flickr

Nothing fancy , 95p plant from B&Q , piece of black card ( really need to get some more cos this bit's very tired ! ) then a while cursing & swearing my inability to light it properly :bang: Still , gave me some practice with long exposures & trying out my new tripod plus a chance to attempt to master DOF with the tamron 90mm :) Still need to work on DOF....front most leaf is just slightly oof.....

Last edited:
Arrg - you've killed it!
Wait, no ... kiss of life ... back in the pot ... water ... love ... talk to it ... oh and by the way, great shot :D

Back