weekly Bruja's 52 - 2017 AWOL and OUT

Hold - took me a second to get it. Great lighting on the buttons
Smoke - I think I prefer the first, it's a cheeky subject and you've captured lovely soft teture in those leaves
Vivid - the first shot for me, couldn't be better for the theme and it's a lovely abstract composition
Large - weirdly, this is the exact shot I thought you'd do for 'hold'...

Thanks Nick, it was my first thought for Hold too but I thought I'll hold it in reserve :)

Good on yer Jill, made me smile if nothing else....
NIcely processed tho.

My aim has been achieved :D

boobs ... why not, even if they are only size 32H. o_O

interest PP. (y)

Hi Jill,

Smoke - Very good, the close up removes the obvious pattern ;)
Excellent study of the leaf there.

Vivid - #1 for me. I love the abstractness of it. I thought it must be a bottle or a glass, and reading through the thread, I see it was. I'm 1/2 tempted to print it out for my desk at work.

Large - Works well in hi-key as art rather than anything else. I'm going to disagree with Michael over the lighting, having the light accented to one side helps with the shadows which emphasises the curves.

Nice, I like it.. Great idea and I like the lighting, being picky the left hand could do with matching the right in terms of lighting.

Matron :)

Special pair there :naughty:

Like it :)

Cheers.

:D

Just as expected, a nice image and the model as brave as ever, nice one Jill (y)

boobs ... why not, even if they are only size 32H. o_O

interest PP. (y)

Hi Jill,

Smoke - Very good, the close up removes the obvious pattern ;)
Excellent study of the leaf there.

Vivid - #1 for me. I love the abstractness of it. I thought it must be a bottle or a glass, and reading through the thread, I see it was. I'm 1/2 tempted to print it out for my desk at work.

Large - Works well in hi-key as art rather than anything else. I'm going to disagree with Michael over the lighting, having the light accented to one side helps with the shadows which emphasises the curves.

:banana:You did it again...I'd have been so disappointed if you'd missed that innuendo Jill!
High key was the perfect choice...and such well placed hands :D

This all seems like a long time ago but thank you all for your comments.

Big day tomorrow, 5 themes to post :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Great catch up Jill and good to see you back on form.

Architecture - a lovely mono conversion with nice sharp details

Broken, good noir feel to a grim subject.

Transport – great image, just enough of the “transport” visible with your usual edge

Minimalist - very well processed for the theme, just enough detail without anything superfluous

Progress – challenging take on the theme, left me wondering what the difference is between a photo and screen-shot and then a screen-shot of a photo :thinking:

WOW catch up of the year Jill, really do like them all and well done. Architecture is a lovely shot and goes well in mono.
Broken, well the bottom of the stairs have really broken his fall.
Transport as Chris says, your showing just enough for it to be on theme.
Minimalstic is the best of the bunch for me, good shot and great PP.
Progress of all your photos is good for me and on theme.

A great catch up indeed Jill (y)(y)

Well caught up, and all good for the theme, minimalist is the stand out image for me really well processed (y) and I take it thats your partner who you have pushed down the stairs :eek: :cautious: :shifty:

A fine example of Architecture ... the waterline over the rooftops, good detail and verticals.

Amusing/unlikely way of falling in Broken but he earned his fiver.

Transport's interesting ... like looking into the mind (?) or the wheelchair or both?

Minimalistic works a treat with the white vignette.

Progress ... for sure. The stairs alone would work well. But yeah I like the 'Photostream' angle.

(y)

Last edited:
Great catch up Jill and good to see you back on form.

Architecture - a lovely mono conversion with nice sharp details

Broken, good noir feel to a grim subject.

Transport – great image, just enough of the “transport” visible with your usual edge

Minimalist - very well processed for the theme, just enough detail without anything superfluous

Progress – challenging take on the theme, left me wondering what the difference is between a photo and screen-shot and then a screen-shot of a photo :thinking:

Thanks Chris and Minimalist was sooc except for a crop :p

And I love to be challenging and it's on flickr so it must be a photo :D

WOW catch up of the year Jill, really do like them all and well done. Architecture is a lovely shot and goes well in mono.
Broken, well the bottom of the stairs have really broken his fall.
Transport as Chris says, your showing just enough for it to be on theme.
Minimalstic is the best of the bunch for me, good shot and great PP.
Progress of all your photos is good for me and on theme.

A great catch up indeed Jill (y)(y)

Thanks Dave for the lovely feedback and, as I said to Chris, Minimalistic is sooc with just a crop. I was playing around with focus locking on the inner walls which meant the rest was a tad overexposed 'cough, cough'

Well caught up, and all good for the theme, minimalist is the stand out image for me really well processed (y) and I take it thats your partner who you have pushed down the stairs :eek: :cautious: :shifty:

Thanks Allan, and again, virtually no processing involved apart from a crop. And the victim was my son who came to see his dear old mum on holiday heheheheh

A fine example of Architecture ... the waterline over the rooftops, good detail and verticals.

Amusing/unlikely way of falling in Broken but he earned his fiver.

Transport's interesting ... like looking into the mind (?) or the wheelchair or both?

Minimalistic works a treat with the white vignette.

Progress ... for sure. The stairs alone would work well. But yeah I like the 'Photostream' angle.

(y)

Thanks David, and no money changed hands in the making of this catch up :D, and no vignette was needed for minimalistic as it was sooc with just a crop, and yes, the Photostream progresses across the site :p

Great catch-up! Standing out for me are the minimalistic tunnel and broken!

A very good catch up Jill.
Architechture is very nice, I like that a lot.
Broken is also a good image for the theme.

Minimal is a tad too high key for me tbh....

Glad to see back you tho....

Another catch-up from me, Jill, and great to see you're back in the game (y) I can't believe it's been so long since my last visit, so I'll just pick out my favourites of the last two months and aim to stay up to date from now :)

Hold is a great idea - so simple but original, well composed and processed. I'm not sure what the subject is for the first Vivid image but it's brilliant with those great colours and abstract circles and reflections. As for Large, well, having got to 'know' you through the last few 52s I knew this would be you as soon as I saw it :D But as well as raising a smile it's a bold, well composed image and the high key processing is spot on.

Finally, your catch-up is brilliant, not least the montage of the images to mark your own Progress. Broken is well composed and darkly disturbing, Transport is personal and cleverly done, and Minimalistic is a strong shape with good B&W processing. It's great to see you on board again (y)

Great contrast in the architecture there (y)

Transport is so subtle i almost missed it (y) sneaky!!

Minimalistic isn't for me as it could be losing too much details, BUT saying that as Art there is something that draws you in.

Progress, guessing you are suggesting how you're keeping up...

...oh..Broken.. scared me. hairs on the neck.

Hiya Jill.

Great to see you back in the saddle :)

Architecture - Good choice to go B&W.

Broken - If you had shown me this amongst a number of others for the theme, but without names, I would have known it was yours. (y)
Always with the interesting alternative takes on themes.

Transport - Took a few seconds to work that one out, I hope it isn't too restrictive. I'm struggling to work out, from the reflections, if it's a selfie or not.

Minimalist - Excellent use of high key, bang on for the theme and an interesting image as you are left wondering what it is you can't quite see :)

Progress - through your photo stream, works for the theme for me and interesting to see a couple of your shots that aren't in the 52 (maybe I should click 'follow').

Yes Jill, taking care of yourself and loved ones comes first. All the best for treatment and keep us in the loop.

Oh Jill ,I'm very sorry to hear that...

Will miss you here but you obviously need to look after number one.

Wishing you all the best and hope to see you back here ,fit and healthy again in the future .

All the best
Mark

Oh no Jill, I'm really sorry to read this.
I hope treatment is kind to you and that you're on the mend as soon as feasibly possible.

Looking forward to the occasionaly image from you during your recovery.
@Dark Knight - No naughty step for Jill this year!!!

Back