catclick's 52 week challenge 2021 - Done & Dusted

Loving the patterns shot... works really well.
Close up is lovely... an ahh shot!

Who doesn't like puffins?
Nice pair Kat

The red really works in your Personal Space.

Beautiful vista for Green. Great sky too - is that snow on the top of those peaks? The composition is lovely with the trees at the riverside providing a focal point.

The red really works in your Personal Space.

Beautiful vista for Green. Great sky too - is that snow on the top of those peaks? The composition is lovely with the trees at the riverside providing a focal point.
Thank you! Glen Affric is one of my favourite places. so many shades of green. There was still a little snow left on the mountain. Just had a fabulous road trip taking in many stunning places. Thankfully not camping at Glen Affric - midge nightmare!

I actually desaturated the tent pic, it was so bright. Just a phone shot. Campsite with a stunning view at Dunnet Head.

Last edited:
Thank you! Glen Affric is one of my favourite places. so many shades of green. There was still a little snow left on the mountain. Just had a fabulous road trip taking in many stunning places. Thankfully not camping at Glen Affric - midge nightmare!

I actually desaturated the tent pic, it was so bright. Just a phone shot. Campsite with a stunning view at Dunnet Head.
It does look a beautiful place. I'm heading to the Hebrides soon - really hoping it's not too bad with the midges! I had wondered if you'd changed the reds as the tent and car look similar. I find reds can be bit tricky sometimes.

It does look a beautiful place. I'm heading to the Hebrides soon - really hoping it's not too bad with the midges! I had wondered if you'd changed the reds as the tent and car look similar. I find reds can be bit tricky sometimes.
Hoping to get to the Outer Hebrides next year - 3rd time lucky (grrrr COVID). It truly is stunning and so many photo opportunities! They look silly, but get a midge net and pray for winds over 5mph, keeps them away.

I loved the outer Hebrides - that was back in my pre-photography days. But the scenery is stunning.

Three really nice images.
Personal looks like a great advert for the car/tents - nice colour and composition.
I love the lighthouse for Snappers Choice.. excellent example of the use of negative space - well balanced.

Superb looking budgie!

Nicely captured Cat (y)

Stunning colours in there and a beautiful bird. Shame they have such a bad reputation. Excellent capture.

Looking down
Great shot of the Jay. We have quite a few around home and they are very skittish. So we'll done for getting this shot.

Beautiful capture of the Jay
Superb looking budgie!
Cracking shot @catclick .
Nicely captured Cat (y)
No, it's definitely a jay ;)
No, it's definitely a jay ;)
Stunning colours in there and a beautiful bird. Shame they have such a bad reputation. Excellent capture.
Looking down
Great shot of the Jay. We have quite a few around home and they are very skittish. So we'll done for getting this shot.
Thank you!

Week 27 - Indigenous

Can someone tell me what has happened to the colours in this one? Looks more like a brown squirrel rather than a red!
It is the same image that is in the Flickr link below.

Week 27  -  Indigenous.jpg

Last edited:
Another option for Week 27. Trying this out to see if the colours are affected with this one. Yip, It has done the same again - came out really dull, not even as nice as the RAW file.

Week 27 - Indigenous.jpg

Last edited:
Are you screengrabbing with the snip tool or somesuch? The black borders on the non-Flickr version are what make me ask.

(This is a screengrab from your Flickr image - Test image - will remove)

Screenshot 2021-07-15 193344.jpg

Edit to add: It's not the forum then (if you're screen grabbing). Must be whatever tool you're using to make a copy for the thread. What do you use?

Last edited:
Are you screengrabbing with the snip tool or somesuch? The black borders on the non-Flickr version are what make me ask.

Edit to add: It's not the forum then (if you're screen grabbing). Must be whatever tool you're using to make a copy for the thread. What do you use?
Copied the original file on Windows explorer. Resized image to lower resolution in Photoshop and added 5 pixel black border. Saved the file. Used the attach file option to upload to Talk Photography. Same as I always do. The website did look a bit different when I was adding the file this week.

Last edited:

I will try to add my last weeks image with no changes. It has done the same again :confused:
Week 26 - Looking Down.jpg

When you open the image on your desktop (before you upload it here) does it have the same colour issue?

Is it possibly a colour space issue? Is it definitely RGB being exported in photoshop?

edit - although attaching previous images that were fine, does seem odd!

Last edited:
When you open the image on your desktop (before you upload it here) does it have the same colour issue?
No. It is exactly as I have done with previous images. Process in lightroom, put a border round in photoshop and save at lower resolution/ The image of the Jay was exactly the same image as previously with no changes. Only this week that has been affected.
Is it possibly a colour space issue? Is it definitely RGB being exported in photoshop?

edit - although attaching previous images that were fine, does seem odd!

Nothing different to usual. Presuming RGB as I don't touch it. (don't know how)

I wonder if there has been an update (Windows or PS)causing the colour shift.
I've not noticed it from flickr, but I found that an image I had moved from LR to PS (to add instagram borders, and pretty much nothing else), and saved back was darker when viewed in Picasa (it was fine in LR).
I selected "Use Colour Management" in Picasa and it returned to the way I expected.

My Save uses:
1626517207552.png
But I'm pretty sure that's standard...

Anyway. Good capture of the squiggle, looking at you and an action shot.

Back