weekly Chris P My 2019 52’s Week 36 Soft

Terrific object....has such an impact!
The first image is good, I can see what @gremlin16 means, the background doesn't bother me personally however, but I think it's improved in #2.
It has more impact, and the colours really pop.
Excellent, detailed image, nicely done Chris!(y)

Very colourful object. Nicely taken and good story to it too

Interesting subject matter I don’t mind the first one but have to say the second is better

Wow! That is a colourful object. The second shot for me. The busy BG compliments the busy mask and the lack of colour in the BG contrasts with it which makes it really pop for me.

Nice colours and good detail! not sure about the background though :)
Terrific object....has such an impact!
The first image is good, I can see what @gremlin16 means, the background doesn't bother me personally however, but I think it's improved in #2.
It has more impact, and the colours really pop.
Excellent, detailed image, nicely done Chris!(y)
'tis a strange looking thing indeed.
I think the second shot with the busier background suits it better to be honest.
Awesome colours! I liked the first one but now you've posted the second I think I prefer that.
Very colourful object. Nicely taken and good story to it too
What a colourful shot for object, really love how bright and in your face this is.
Interesting subject matter I don’t mind the first one but have to say the second is better
Has to be the first. The bright colours on the plain bg. Wonderful!!
Wow! That is a colourful object. The second shot for me. The busy BG compliments the busy mask and the lack of colour in the BG contrasts with it which makes it really pop for me.

Thanks all for looking and your kind comments. Made me think about backgrounds after the numerous comments. The advice on here is second to none ! Mama thanks all !

Struggling with work commitments this week, mad season ! However I wa ted to get a submission in. Grabbed my iPad and took a few raindrops. So Wet SOOC for this week

Wet SOOC by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

And for a second pic a lonely buzzard on the golf course Sunday morning taken with my iPhone SOOC

Wet SOOC by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

One I would love to have a little tinker with !

Liking the different sizes of the raindrops sort of leads you into seeing the shape of the building and the tree.

Very good images Chris!
I'm always fascinated by the randomness of water droplets, and the tiny reflections and refractions within them.
You've captured some really nice details in these drops which contrast nicely with the out of focus areas.
Great image for the theme....just goes to show that you don't always need a 'proper' camera to create an interesting image!
And your buzzard image is terrific too...what a majestic creature!
Nicely done Chris.(y)

Hi Chris, that's a cracking subject for Object; such a striking design with lots of bold colours and those big teeth. I like the background in the first as I think the neutral and almost plain background really let the mask shine.

Wet + SOOC definitely ticks the boxes for both the theme and technique and sums up the recent miserable weather, especially as I can hear rain lashing down outside as I type this! I like the random shapes of the drops and the hint of BG shapes.

Hi Chris,

Having a day of catching up on comments!

Cold - Like the first shot. Ice is cold and I like the wood going diagonally. Very cute and tame bird btw. Do like the ice on the table nice reflections of the orange in the ice, good dof too
Waiting - Both great candid shots. I think I would pick the man waiting to cross but might have cropped off the right side to lose the front of the car and the arm with the bag
Rough - I like the perspective on the bricks, you've made something ordinary look very interesting. That tree is very creepy, definitely a skull and part of a skeleton in the bottom left corner
Object - Very colourful! Looks lovely against your shed. Just to be different maybe a square crop!
Wet - Yep fits the theme. Nice drops with just enough of an impression of the buildings and tree outside. Great close up of the buzzard!

:D

I like your wet image. I'm really into abstract looking images and that fits the theme well.

And that Buzzard must have been pretty close. Great shot there

Liking the different sizes of the raindrops sort of leads you into seeing the shape of the building and the tree.
Thanks Mandy, I wanted to get the tree and the building in the distance but controlling an iPad isn’t the best !
Great minds on both our wet window shots, nice one.
Thanks Dave
good idea for the theme sometimes you have to get what you can
Think your right Allan, spur of the moment shot
Very good images Chris!
I'm always fascinated by the randomness of water droplets, and the tiny reflections and refractions within them.
You've captured some really nice details in these drops which contrast nicely with the out of focus areas.
Great image for the theme....just goes to show that you don't always need a 'proper' camera to create an interesting image!
And your buzzard image is terrific too...what a majestic creature!
Nicely done Chris.(y)
Thanks Gareth, just wished I had my Fuji with me on the golf course. Apparently the buzzard has now taken up residence so I am hoping for more shots close up.
Lots of interesting shapes in the droplets, I like this a lot. Well done on hitting the technique in the first week too.
Thanks a Carl
Hi Chris, that's a cracking subject for Object; such a striking design with lots of bold colours and those big teeth. I like the background in the first as I think the neutral and almost plain background really let the mask shine.

Wet + SOOC definitely ticks the boxes for both the theme and technique and sums up the recent miserable weather, especially as I can hear rain lashing down outside as I type this! I like the random shapes of the drops and the hint of BG shapes.
Thanks Andrea, we have three of the masks and all have a different story, I am just waiting for the right theme
You certainly wouldn’t miss that Object Chris, lovely colours and very eye catching.

We’ve certainly seen plenty of raindrops this week, very topical and perfect for the theme.

Super close up of the buzzard too.
Thanks Susie, I was less than 10feet from the buzzard with a shakey cold wet hand and iPhone !
Another great SooC shot for Wet. Great Buzzard shot for a phone. How close were you?
About 10 feet Lee, he was quite happy to stay there, he was a tad wet though !
I like the patterns from the droplets in WET. Nicely done.
Thanks Bob
Hi Chris,

Having a day of catching up on comments!

Cold - Like the first shot. Ice is cold and I like the wood going diagonally. Very cute and tame bird btw. Do like the ice on the table nice reflections of the orange in the ice, good dof too
Waiting - Both great candid shots. I think I would pick the man waiting to cross but might have cropped off the right side to lose the front of the car and the arm with the bag
Rough - I like the perspective on the bricks, you've made something ordinary look very interesting. That tree is very creepy, definitely a skull and part of a skeleton in the bottom left corner
Object - Very colourful! Looks lovely against your shed. Just to be different maybe a square crop!
Wet - Yep fits the theme. Nice drops with just enough of an impression of the buildings and tree outside. Great close up of the buzzard!

:D
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my pics Georgina, really appreciate it !
I like your wet image. I'm really into abstract looking images and that fits the theme well.

And that Buzzard must have been pretty close. Great shot there
Thanks Ian

Thanks all for taking the time to view and comment, it was a miserable week wasn’t it! Roll on the better weather !

Week 10 Free as a Bird (Humming)

Hummingbirds by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

One of my favourites from my recent trip to St Lucia
Great image for free Chris, love the blur on the wing as well plus nice and colourful. I`m picking my XF50-140mm up very soon too.

Thanks Dave, it’s a great lens. Even better with the tc. I think it’s sharper than the 100-400

Here’s another with the 50-140

American Kestrel by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Very good pic of the hummingbird
Allan, One of the hardest things I have ever taken photos of ! The auto focus was a bugger to get right and the shutter speed. In the end I actually focused on a flower and waited. I was lucky as the female came to the bush every 1/2 hr or so.

Really nice shot Chris! Vivid colours and nice amount of blur on the wing.

Superb image Chris, some amazing colours in there. Amazing that you shot at 1/1000 of a second and the wings are still a complete blur!

Great image for free Chris, love the blur on the wing as well plus nice and colourful. I`m picking my XF50-140mm up very soon too.
Thanks Dave, it’s a great lens !
Very good pic of the hummingbird
Thanks Allan
Really nice shot Chris! Vivid colours and nice amount of blur on the wing.
Thanks Dom, took me ages to get a decent shot
Superb image Chris, some amazing colours in there. Amazing that you shot at 1/1000 of a second and the wings are still a complete blur!
crazy isn’t it Carl, you would of thought at that speed they would of been spot on. They move so fast and the only way I could get a shot was to focus on a flower and wait !
Wow. What a shot!
Thanks
Crikey Chris, what a great image.:clap:
The sharpness, the detail, the rich, vibrant colours, the timing and the composition....all first class!
Excellent work indeed, very impressive!(y)
Thanks Gareth, there were three types on the island and I managed to get all three in the end. To think they were less than 6ft from where we sat

That humming bird shot is just stunning!

Entrance shot is nice and simple, but very effective.

The signpost works well for the theme it looks very weathered which adds to it

Back