weekly Chris P My 2019 52’s Week 36 Soft

Above - Chris, great positioning to take a look up and see what's above. Good capture!

Hi Chris, not quite up to date yet myself but just popping in to congratulate you on catching up again and posting some excellent images. My favourites are the Hummingbird for 'Free', with some super details captured to reward your patience, the faces of the youthful solders for Young, which works very well in monochrome, the lovely fresh tree canopy for Above, and the contrasting light and textures in the forest for Light. Well done :) :clap:
Thanks ! The hummingbird bird is one of my favourite shots of the StLucia holiday. Spent hours getting the shot right as they move so fast.
Above - Chris, great positioning to take a look up and see what's above. Good capture!
Thanks !

Well went to the local canal festival this weekend for some inspiration! The boats were really crowded in the basin but quite like the reeds so decided to shoot through these ?

Crowded (view) by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

My second thought were these crowded balloons ! Just loved the bright colours !

Crowded (Balloon’s) by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Last edited:
Food – Nice composition, the gold egg pops against the black background, while the empty wrappers give some added interest. Demolished all my eggs quickly too.

Smooth – The handle looks like it’s used a fair bit! I like the bridge in the back ground too. I think I recognise it, is this at the top where people leave their cars?

Above – Fits the theme well. Good texture on the tree leading you up to the blue sky. Green leaves stand out well against the clouds and blue.

Hot – That’s definitely hot! Like how black the image is. Good detail of the logs turning to embers.

Light – Nice woodland image. Works well in mono, curious to see the colour version as well.

Crowd – Both are good images. I like the through the reeds perspective of number one, but also the colours and shapes of number two. I think the second is my favourite overall.

Nice Chris!

For the Crowd image I think it's the balloons for me too. It's just an easier image on the eye I think. The other image is nice but I think the balloons take it, just.

I like both images too!
I like the composition of #1, and your choice to shoot through the reeds is a clever one. The canal boats seem to melt into the foreground, and I like where you placed the cottage in the background too with the natural framing created by the trees. Picture postcard perfect!
The balloons are fun, colourful, bright, and cheerful which can only be a good thing.
If I was pushed, however, I think I would pick #1....I think the composition is very well thought out, and it works very well, and fits the theme nicely.
(y)

I like both of theme Chris. Nice concept/idea to both for theme.

I think i'd sway towards the first as you'd not normally see so many barges in one small space, so it's a pretty unique image

Food – Nice composition, the gold egg pops against the black background, while the empty wrappers give some added interest. Demolished all my eggs quickly too.

Smooth – The handle looks like it’s used a fair bit! I like the bridge in the back ground too. I think I recognise it, is this at the top where people leave their cars?

Above – Fits the theme well. Good texture on the tree leading you up to the blue sky. Green leaves stand out well against the clouds and blue.

Hot – That’s definitely hot! Like how black the image is. Good detail of the logs turning to embers.

Light – Nice woodland image. Works well in mono, curious to see the colour version as well.

Crowd – Both are good images. I like the through the reeds perspective of number one, but also the colours and shapes of number two. I think the second is my favourite overall.

Nice Chris!
Thanks Dom, very kind of you to comment on quite a few of my pics ! Much appreciated
#2 for crowded for me Chris, like that the balloons are bunched up together and colourful.
Think you might be right Dave, I was torn between the two but the simplicity of the balloons and bright colours might just be better than the canal boats.
Either of them for me they both fit the theme well
Thanks Allan !
For the Crowd image I think it's the balloons for me too. It's just an easier image on the eye I think. The other image is nice but I think the balloons take it, just.
Bit of a pattern here, leading towards the balloons
I like both images too!
I like the composition of #1, and your choice to shoot through the reeds is a clever one. The canal boats seem to melt into the foreground, and I like where you placed the cottage in the background too with the natural framing created by the trees. Picture postcard perfect!
The balloons are fun, colourful, bright, and cheerful which can only be a good thing.
If I was pushed, however, I think I would pick #1....I think the composition is very well thought out, and it works very well, and fits the theme nicely.
(y)
Thanks Gareth, I am still slightly torn between the two but I’m not too sure about the canal boats as on second thoughts it’s a bit busy perhaps ?
I like both of theme Chris. Nice concept/idea to both for theme.

I think i'd sway towards the first as you'd not normally see so many barges in one small space, so it's a pretty unique image
Thanks Ian, not too busy ?
Ballons also for me Chris, much more colourful and crowded. Nice spot.
Thanks Peye !
I like the balloons for colour and composition, I think a different view of the barges (if possible) might have worked.
That’s a thought Clive, I have a few others I might relook at for the canal boats

Thanks again all of you for your kind comments, I wasn’t too sure of the balloons as thought they might be seen as a touch “simple” but just shows what we think and what others think are sometimes well apart.

Week 19 Decaying Building

Spending a few days in Crete for a break. Came across this deserted cafe on Wednesday and thought perhaps an opportunity to buy and restore to its former glory but the wife said it’s a load of decaying crap to be honest. So when the theme was announced yesterday well it was a short stroll today to take a few shots. So I have to thank Pennie for this one !

Decaying #2 by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Certainly seen better days :)

Nice image and definitely on theme for Decay(ing), such a shame when things like this are left to rot ... a waste.

Certainly seen better days :)
Nice image and definitely on theme for Decay(ing), such a shame when things like this are left to rot ... a waste.

It’s sure is a terrible shame, seems like people have a dream, set up a business then for reasons beyond our knowledge fail and so many end up like this. Came across quite a few buildings like this over the last day or so.

Crowd
Both good shots, but I'm leaning towards the balloons. It's very colourful and I like the shapes.

Decay
It's the blue shabby doors, they look great (well not great, but you know what i mean).

I don't mind either of these Chris. Both work nicely for theme. Shame about the decaying bar. You need to reconsider your options there and invite us all out for a TP 'workshop' (cough***)

I like the second one too as the character of the old doors shows through the ages of decay. Nice colour too

The window shutters is a nice image right amount of decay and good contrasting colour

Got to be the doors for me as it shows decay very nicely.
Thanks Dave, on second thoughts I should of used the doors as my first choice !
I prefer the second blue window shot. Love the texture and colour shades of the paintwork at a different stage of decay. The crop ratio, although unusual but fits the subject well.
Thanks Stan !
For both CROWD and DECAY I prefer your second choices. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
The balloons look superb as do the shutters. Great captures!
Thanks Bob !
Crowd
Both good shots, but I'm leaning towards the balloons. It's very colourful and I like the shapes.

Decay
It's the blue shabby doors, they look great (well not great, but you know what i mean).
Thanks Dominic, seems to a theme now about the shutters !
Chris

The window shutters for me. love the colour and detail.

Pete
Thanks Pete !
Both are really nice images Chris, though I think I am swaying towards the shutters too.
I just love the colours and textures, and it perfectly fits the theme.
Cant't beat a bit of nice peeling paint!!(y)
Thanks Gareth !
I don't mind either of these Chris. Both work nicely for theme. Shame about the decaying bar. You need to reconsider your options there and invite us all out for a TP 'workshop' (cough***)

I like the second one too as the character of the old doors shows through the ages of decay. Nice colour too
Such a shame Ian there were so many buildings being left to decay. I was torn really. Nice idea for an overseas workshop !
The window shutters is a nice image right amount of decay and good contrasting colour
Thanks Allan !

Thanks again all for taking the time to view and comment. I was torn about the shutters but looking back and now I can take a better look on the pc I’ll see what magic I can produce with my limited lightroom skill !

That's an excellent macro shot, great detail. It is a cracking lens!

Nice looking Harris Hawk shot.

That's two really great images there Chris. The details you've captured, just show off these incredible birds perfectly

Hi Chris, the balloons are my choice for Crowded, super bright and colourful.
Decay, I think the shutters are more on theme and there is something nice about shutters they always make an interesting image, good colour too. It's sad to see the restaurant left to tumble down like that, probably best to follow your wife's advice on that one :)
Snappers choice, that hawk is a stunner, loads of excellent detail and a great pose too.

That's an excellent macro shot, great detail. It is a cracking lens!
Must admit Mark it’s one if my favourite lens, hard to compare against my old canon. Works great with the 1.4 tc as well
Great shots for snapper's choice. Very sharp and superb detail.
Thanks Bob, captive bird but just caught his eye.
Nice looking Harris Hawk shot.
Thanks Dave !
Cracking close-up Chris....super sharp image of an amazing raptor!(y)
Love the background blur, it perfectly suits the sharpness of the subject!
I love the expression on the owl's face....I think we've all had days like that!!:giggle:
Majestic!:clap:
Thanks Gareth but think the green is a tad bright, tend to agree with @Dave70D
That's two really great images there Chris. The details you've captured, just show off these incredible birds perfectly
Thanks Ian, credit to the lens though !
Good shots Chris, my only grip is tone down the greens a bit as to me they are to bright, love my 50-140mm too.
Definitely right I think Dave. I am going to see how I get on in LR and some selective adjustment
Hi Chris, the balloons are my choice for Crowded, super bright and colourful.
Decay, I think the shutters are more on theme and there is something nice about shutters they always make an interesting image, good colour too. It's sad to see the restaurant left to tumble down like that, probably best to follow your wife's advice on that one :)
Snappers choice, that hawk is a stunner, loads of excellent detail and a great pose too.
Thanks Susie ! Must admit I should of used the shutters as my first choice

Thanks all for your kind comments !

Free week
Very nice shot. Out of the two, it would have to be the first shot, because of the background being a bit cleaner.

Week 21 Not the “Whole” View

Struggling with this one for sure ! But here’s my attempt, not a WHOLE view through a window. Went to visit Ludlow Castle today, it will be a great destination for an early morning sunrise or late sunset.

Not the “WHOLE” View by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Second attempt WHOLE lot of Holes, one of the medieval doors

WHOLE lot of Holes by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

I like both shots, but prefer the first, that's excellent!
I really struggled with this week's theme...

It's been a tough theme with many shoehorns.

NOT is a good take on it :)

Back