weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2020. Week 52 Decorate

Hi Pete

The US army truck is camouflarged, I too get distracting backgrounds when taking that kind of shot, I find too many people dressed in modern clothes are the main problem.

Pete

Nicely done that :)

Tiny
It's an interesting shadow, it shows all the textures that don't show up so much on the pod itself (does that make sense?)

They sure are tiny compare to the pot. I found the shadows a bit too strong may be a different colour background would help.
Thanks Stan. I really couldn't make my mind up about the shadow.

I like your shadows and the strong side lighting, also like the focus on the front of the pod.
Thanks Clive.

Nicely done that :)
Cheers Dave.

Tiny
It's an interesting shadow, it shows all the textures that don't show up so much on the pod itself (does that make sense?)
Thanks Dominic. I shot it with and without the shadow and thought it added a bit of interest to it.

Week 35 Snapper's Choice

To keep away from the crowds,we've been out walking some of the quieter places not too far from home lately.
I was a bit inspired by the Topographic Photography thread on here lately so this is an attempt to put my spin on it.

Shot by the River Idle in Nottinghamshire, an area where there are a number of power stations in close proximity.

TP52 Week 35 by Peter C, on Flickr

Powerful image :D

I really like these old carvings, well spotted and taken Pete (y)

:clap:Nice one Pete

That's an great shot for texture - amazing to think that those textures have survived for ~600 years! Whenever I see something like this, I can't help but wonder how much stuff we are producing now will last that long.

I really like your camo shot as well - very nicely cropped.

I'm catching up a bit at the moment:

Tiny - very clever image, nicely lit and well composed
Snappers Choice - makes you stop and think, could we use buried cables rather than pylons? Nice image
Textures - very nicely lit, great colour warmth and right on theme

Choice
I like that, I might be tempted to crop a bit off of the bottom, just up to the dark bit of grass.

Texture
Great detail and lots of textures.

Interesting subject and good texture. It must have taken a long time for that carving!

Back