weekly Cobra's epic fail for 2015, week 52 A Christmas shoe horn and done :)

They do look cute but I bet those claws would do some damage! Maybe one day we'll see it hanging out of Paris Hiltons handbag. Very nice
Well they can go vertically up and down a tree, so I guess they are quite sharp ;)
this is the young cub ;)

Thanks for dropping by Ian (y)

IMG_6336
by Chris, on Flickr

Yeah - fits the theme OK ... just by a whisker though. Regardless though, it's a great shot of a beautiful animal.

Balls I had a similar idea using the cat as a model. #1 & 2 for me, #1 looks soooo comfy :)

Balls I had a similar idea using the cat as a model. #1 & 2 for me, #1 looks soooo comfy :)
You still can I won't accuse you of plagiarism honestly :D
Cheers Ian (y)

Nice one Chris. Cecil the Lion, totally chilled out and how cool
Actually that's "Spike" from Whipsnade, but I can see why you may have thought it was Cecil :D

Cheers Stan (y)

It's not fair having all those models at hand. #1 for me too, so totally chilled (#2 is clearly male ha ha). Very nice set. :clap:

It's not fair having all those models at hand. #1 for me too, so totally chilled (#2 is clearly male ha ha). Very nice set. :clap:
LOL yep, its dead easy I just turn up and they all run out to see me and pose ::D

Cheers Carl (y)

Hi there ... they certainly look very relaxed ...well fed and watered ...with not a care in the world, not a bad life is it :)

I think I like the first one best for the theme, how does he manage not to fall off o_O
Thanks for dropping by Susie (y)
In answer to your question, he's not real, and super glued to the branch :D

Great shot, epiphany of chilled for me. Looks great. Just the right amount of dof and the detail captured is great,

Great job

Great shot, epiphany of chilled for me. Looks great. Just the right amount of dof and the detail captured is great,

Great job
Thanks for the kind words Nathan (y)

Ahha, there they are. I knew you wouldn't let us down on this subject matter.
The first two for me, for the postures, especially the second one (I'm sure I've seen our cat crashed out like that).

Ahha, there they are. I knew you wouldn't let us down on this subject matter.
The first two for me, for the postures, especially the second one (I'm sure I've seen our cat crashed out like that).
Thanks for dropping by Tim, (y)
Yhey never seem to pick the most comfortable places or positions to crash,
be that domestic or "wild" do they ? :D

So here we are again, and another chance for a shoe horn,
or as I prefer to put it, more in keeping with the animal theme I have running :D

Inverse, opposite or contrary in position, direction, order, or effect.

Mara.jpg

Inverted being in such a position that top and bottom are reversed.

Bat.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @Cobra. neither of those are a shoe horn IMO, both are spot on subject.
The first of the two shots for me, as that must have been far harder to capture, and thus getting them in focus with the shallow DoF / blurred background makes it the winner.

Hey @Cobra. neither of those are a shoe horn IMO, both are spot on subject.
The first of the two shots for me, as that must have been far harder to capture, and thus getting them in focus with the shallow DoF / blurred background makes it the winner.
Thanks Tim I appreciate your kind comments, Yes it was a little more difficult technically, I guess, but a pure fluke that they were sat like that. Sometimes they cooperate :D

Agree with Tim, both spot on theme. Great that they are naturally inversed shots too. Awesome. :clap:

Agree with Tim, both spot on theme. Great that they are naturally inversed shots too. Awesome. :clap:
Thanks for dropping by Carl, I appreciate your kind comments (y)

Hi there ...I agree two great shots ...how lucky to get those two to pose like that :)
Thanks Susie, (y)
luckily, they were just sitting there ad-Mara-ing the scenery......... sorry :coat:

I've only ever seen them in a really dark enclosure.

Yes they are fruit bats and yes it was a pretty dark "enclosure" you have to spend awhile in there, getting used to the low light to be able to see ( or eat a lot of Carrots before hand of course :D )

Thanks I know the words not 'enclosure' but I cant think of the right one ....senior moment :)
I couldn't think either :D

I suppose they are generally called "Bat house" though.

Hi, didn't realise you were still with us, great bat pic
how on earth did you get it looks like flash thought that would be a no no in a bat house

I like the "contrary in position" interpretation ... as in the first one.

Both are excellent photos, the light I prefer in the first though with the Hares (I think) but the second is perfect for the theme and the detail is superb, *torn* either way you yet again produced a great animal shot for the theme

Both are excellent photos, the light I prefer in the first though with the Hares (I think) but the second is perfect for the theme and the detail is superb, *torn* either way you yet again produced a great animal shot for the theme
Thanks for dropping by and for your kind comments Nathan (y)

The animals are Patagonian Mara BTW

Shimmer Hmmm not easy but I think I've shoe horned it again (y)

A spiders web shimmer(ing) in the early morning light

web-1-jpg.48558

And a shimmer(ing) refection ( yes its a big cat :D )

ch-jpg.48559

Hi Cobra. I suppose it is down to individual interpretation so no rights or wrongs. Both these seem fine to me. Amazing at the strength of that web holding up that amount of water. My fave is the second though - beautiful reflection .... erm .... correction, I mean shimmer.

Hi there...nowt like a spiders web for shimmer, love the choice ...as Carl says they are amazing, the spiders in my garden leap three feet and spin a web at the same time ...very clever indeed. I think its a bit on the bright side and would up the shadows a bit (might be my computer screen)...but spot on for the theme to me.

Shimmery reflection ...what's not to like, a smashing shot :)

hi, spiders web works well little less DoF might have worked better

Back