Connor79's 52 for 2021 Thread

Name
Connor
Edit My Images
No
week 00 'Nearby'
a05e5035-27c8-439a-8ced-b94fe1239cd7_rw_1920.jpg

I like that tall! My only niggle is that its so obviously a symmetrical type shot that its not quite there as there's a tiny bit missing off the top. Other than that its great and love the sky and the little bit of sunlight hitting the metal higher up.

Good catch up! Nice sunburst opn the wiffy trainers :)

Nice take on Tall :)

Love that light!

I'd be temnpted to crop in a bit tighter if it was mine - and square :)

Love the harsh angles and perspective on this tall shot!

Tall looks good. Agree with the square comment and also cropping up a bit. THat light on the metal high up is really nice though. Gives it a sense of reality rather than just "pattern"

I agree with the others, the light on the top of that pylon is something special!

I really like the symmetry of that, it almost reminds me of looking through a kaleidoscope :)

Good set!

... could do with more light on the dirty shoes, but can't have it all. That's a really nicely composed photo.

Tall is a cracker.

They're all good.

Nice catch up Connor.

Fruit - Nicely shot, capturing the water droplets. Did you want this one for the technique too?
Dirty - Perhaps needs a bit more light on the trainers to show that they are dirty?
Rock - Excellent snow scene. Interesting that you appear to be at the same height as the rooftop (at least that's what the lack of perspective sems to say to me).
Tall - Nicely symmetrical. Is the red paint, or the lighting? and where on earth did you find a blue sky this week !!! :)

I saw your question / comment in the discussion thread re the catch-up.
It's easier for @minx me to keep the spreadsheet up straight if you post catch-ups into the main thread. And no one is going to mind 3 or 4 shots. if you're catching up more than that, then it might be better to space them out over a few days.

Tall - Presuming you didn't need to break any rules getting under the pylon. They always provide an interesting image, the lighting on the top looks good

Great perspective and lovely light on the rust (?) further up makes what could have been a flat shot really pop.

I agree with Helen, lovely light on your tall shot. You did well to get that viewpoint.

Great catchup with some lovely shots.
Nice beads of water on your apple.

My walking boots have been getting SO muddy lately, I completely identify with your dirty shot - nice wide angle to take in the environment.

I hadn't heard of a rock dove, but lovely capture and those poor birds.

Nice close up of the glass - yes it seems we are all drinking a bit more in lockdown :)

Nice catch up Connor,
Everyone loves a JD nearby especially at this time of year, I might of just popped an ice cube and a dash in the bottom of the glass just so I could at least have a drink post shoot.. ;)
The apple is beautifully in focus and the water/glycerine or whatever you used works well to bring out the colours but does reflect your ring light..
Dirty shoes, yes I think we all have a pair of dirty shoes or wellies at the mo, I bet you got some funny looks stood there in your socks taking this shot.. unless that's where your car was parked ;)
Rock Doves sat on the roof, nice take on the theme.
Tall, this has to be my favourite in all your catch up, the light at the top is stunning and the whole composition works, my OCD's probably wold have centralised it a bit more and maybe rotated it slightly but that's just me. big thumbs up from me.

Well done for catching up, glad to know it's not just me! All good; decent lighting on the glass and I like the close-up of the apple as I find my eye following the curvature up to the top left. Tall is the star of the show though, great composition and as noted, the warm light towards the top is the cherry on the cake.

Nice catch up - the dirty trainers especially are great with the sunburst. Everything been said for the pylon - nearly fantastic!

Good Pov and great symmetry, I like it. I hope you stayed safe to get that shot.

Back