weekly d00d's 52 in 2014 ... Week 51 : Extravagant

Another vote for no.2 from me David (y) I agree with Lynne, its like looking up and out :)

P1020695.JPG

This one's called The Redemption

Hi d00d

I'm thinking inter-galactic travel here :vulcan: Specially if you put a touch of radial blur on it!

Close call between this and your icy cobwebs, but I think I just marginally prefer the cobwebs :)

Hello Elaine dear .... you're absolutely right, the cobwebs, pure genius.

*cough* *cough*......

nicely done for smoke - also really rather like the second bubble shot above. Nice focus on the lit end of the fag, and the glasses work with it too. crop off the top though I think. Halfway between the top of the glasses and the top.

Thanks Graham.

As you're the first and only one to comment so far, I've followed your advice and taken that little bit off the top. I wouldn't normally edit the original. You're absolutely right: it's now a little better proportioned.

Like Smoke, very moody and the glasses add to the overall theme. The end of the cig looks a tad OOF but if it's a selfie this can account for that.

I feel it ended as bit of Pop. Had a quick edit and boosted contrast, exposure and colour. Seemed to work.

Cheers.

Different and very smokey David, works for me (y)

hi definitely plenty of smoke there, a nice take on the theme

Thanks for all the kind words ...

Yes it is a selfie and no I didn't inhale. And I spent all afternoon getting that baby's bottom complexion, keeping my eyes in the shadows whilst making the cigar glow red and the smoke blue.

Wow you are putting me to shame its taking me all my time to get one shot per week in.

Your editing and variaty is excellent really enjoying following your thread

That red looks a bit bright to me David, certainly on theme, like the flowing salt (y)

Hi too much plastic and very little mineral i think you need to get closer in

I'm going to be awkward here and say that I'd quite like to see the full Saxa top as in the first, but with the salt streaming onto the pile, as in the second! I like the bright red and plastic's made from minerals, so definitely not out of place. ;)

Yep - as elaine said, the whole tube from the first, with the pile from the second,

regards the shutter speed, I'd either say faster to freeze the grains in fall, or slower to render them a bit more of a stream. You're somehwerer in the middle where they just look blurred.

Nice idea, and a bit of movement is a good way to add interest, (y)

Back